lobscouse

Default what is the name

of the mexican goat stew? I have had it several times and need to know the
name to do a recipe search. TIA

Jim Lane

lobscouse wrote:

> of the mexican goat stew? I have had it several times and need to know the
> name to do a recipe search. TIA

Birria, can be made with goat or lamb.

jim

Rogue Prophet

Jim Lane wrote:

> lobscouse wrote:
>
>> of the mexican goat stew? I have had it several times and need to know
>> the
>> name to do a recipe search. TIA
>>

> Birria, can be made with goat or lamb.
>

> jim

you talking about menudo?
barabajackel

Barbacoa
Seco de Chivo

6 pounds deboned goat leg cut in chunks
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
5 small hot chili peppers
10 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon mexican oregano
2 teaspoons whole cloves
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
8 cooked tomatillos
1/2 cup toasted almonds, walnuts, or
pinenuts
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 pound of ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup green onions, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
1/2 cup fresh tomatillos, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced (optional)
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground salt to taste
Sprinkle the meat with salt and vinegar. Cover and chill overnight or for at
least a couple of hours. Make a paste in a blender or food processor of the
chili peppers, garlic, oregano, cloves, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon,
tomatillos, nuts, and oil. To be on the safe side, put your cloves in first
to make sure they do get broken up some. The cumin seeds do not have to get
completely ground, but you want them at least partially broken up as well.
Smear the paste all over the boned meat and bake in a well oiled dutch oven
or roasting pan covered at 350 F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until tender. Put the
ripe tomatos, green pepper, green onions, cilantro, coriander, and fresh
tomatillos in a lightly oiled sauce pan and cook aver low heat until
starting to simmer. Remove from heat. When the meat is done, shread the meat
and serve in warm flour tortillas topped with the salsa.

"Rogue Prophet" > wrote in message
m...
> Jim Lane wrote:
>
> > lobscouse wrote:
> >
> >> of the mexican goat stew? I have had it several times and need to know
> >> the
> >> name to do a recipe search. TIA
> >>

> > Birria, can be made with goat or lamb.
> >

> > jim

> you talking about menudo?

David Wright

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:14:05 GMT, Rogue Prophet
> wrote:

>Jim Lane wrote:
>
>> lobscouse wrote:
>>
>>> of the mexican goat stew? I have had it several times and need to know
>>> the
>>> name to do a recipe search. TIA
>>>

>> Birria, can be made with goat or lamb.
>>

>> jim

>you talking about menudo?

Menudo is made with tripe. Jim's answer is right.

David