Shelora

Default wine pairing with cochinita pibil

Hello fellow gastronomes,
Can anyone advise on wine pairing with slow cooked pork in banana
leaves? The spice mixture is with achiote, herbs and orange and lime
juice.
Thanks,
A1 WBarfieldsr

"Shelora" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello fellow gastronomes,
> Can anyone advise on wine pairing with slow cooked pork in banana
> leaves? The spice mixture is with achiote, herbs and orange and lime
> juice.
> Thanks,

Sangria Blanco

1/4 cup Sugar
2 Sticks Cinnamon; broken in half
1 cup Apple juice
1 bottle (25oz.) Chardonnay Dry White wine, chilled
1 Red Delicious Apple,unpeeled and sliced into thin wedges
1 x Ice cubes
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Sparkling water
1/2 cup Orange juice
1 med. Orange, unpeeled, cut into halves and thinly sliced.
1 med. Banana

Heat sugar, water and cinnamon to boiling in 1-quart saucepan; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 1 week.
Remove cinnamon sticks from sugar mixture.
Mix sugar mixture, sparkling water, apple juice, orange juice and wine in
large pitcher.
Gently stir in fruit and ice.
Serve with several pieces of fruit in each glass.

--
William Barfieldsr

Shelora

The person who ate the meal, decided to go with their favourite wine
with anything - Mouton Rothschild red. Not my choice we would have
gone with a tempranillo or maybe even a white. We were just the chefs.
Food was excellent regardless.

David Wright > wrote in message >. ..
> On 19 Oct 2003 13:51:13 -0700, (Shelora)
> wrote:
>
> >Hello fellow gastronomes,
> > Can anyone advise on wine pairing with slow cooked pork in banana
> >leaves? The spice mixture is with achiote, herbs and orange and lime
> >juice.
> >Thanks,

> Shelora,
>
> Did you find a wine that went with that dinner? I'd like to know.
>
> David

Jack Schidt®

"Shelora" > wrote in message
m...
> The person who ate the meal, decided to go with their favourite wine
> with anything - Mouton Rothschild red. Not my choice we would have
> gone with a tempranillo or maybe even a white. We were just the chefs.
> Food was excellent regardless.

The current thinking is that whatever wine you like is appropriate for any
meal. The idea of white wine with fish, red wine with meat is so.....10
minutes ago.

Jack

Shelora

Jack,
I am going to have to adopt that saying of yours, its too good. "so,
10 minutes ago". Brilliant.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message .com>...
> "Shelora" > wrote in message
> m...
> > The person who ate the meal, decided to go with their favourite wine
> > with anything - Mouton Rothschild red. Not my choice we would have
> > gone with a tempranillo or maybe even a white. We were just the chefs.
> > Food was excellent regardless.
> >

> The current thinking is that whatever wine you like is appropriate for any
> meal. The idea of white wine with fish, red wine with meat is so.....10
> minutes ago.
>
> Jack

Jack Schidt®

All yours, Shelora.