Old 08-10-2003, 07:30 AM
Irma

Default OT, I suppose

Hi David,

Thanks for let us know about Jerry, it is really sad though. He helped me a
lot to understand some terms and to translate my recipes into English. I
will miss him.

The only thing I wish he is well whenever he is now. I am sorry for your
lost too. It is difficult when you lose a good friend.

Take care all of you, please.
Hugs

Irma.

"David Wright" wrote in message
A good friend of afm-c, and a good friend of mine, Jerry Jungmann,
died last Thursday of liver cancer. He was a young man in name, years,
and spirit.

Jerry's heritage was Italian, northern Italian, which accounts for the
Germanic name, and he and his brothers started St. Louis-style Italian
restaurants here in San Antonio ("Fratelli's," they're called), as
well as a home-style-cooking place called Bullpepper's, which was
Jerry's special project.

He had lived in both Spain and Mexico long enough to make lasting
friendships in both countries, and he had an appreciation and a
knowledge of the diversity of the food in those countries. He also
knew quite a bit about Cuban cuisine, thanks to one of his
sisters-in-law who was from there.

If you look back through the archives of afm-c or sat.food, you'll
find posts that are informative, humorous, and, sometimes, feisty, but
without being mean.

I miss my friend.

David