FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   MOLE~ (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/139830-mole.html)

No Name 11-11-2007 08:44 PM

MOLE~

My grandmother made mole~ after mass every Sunday. Now I have utilized the
Dona Maria and other generic bottle brands. Any home made recipes out
there. I am new to the community but love the post I have read so far.
Would love any suggestions.

--
Respectfully,

John H. Carrillo
Senior Health Physicist/CEO
JHC Environmental Group, LTD.
24 hour Emergency Response Number: 713.409.2672

Pacific Rim - Asia e-mail:

North America e-mail:

NOTICE: This e-mail message is covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act 18 USC 2510-2521, and is legally privileged. The information
contained in the e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to whom addressed above. If the reader is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to receive and deliver it to
distribution or copying this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify us by email at
or return the e-mail and then delete or
destroy the original message and all copies.

Rolly 11-11-2007 10:09 PM

MOLE~

Take a look here for a combination of Doņa Maria and home-made:
http://rollybrook.com/pollo-mole.htm

~ 11-11-2007 11:55 PM

MOLE~

On Nov 11, 12:44 pm, > wrote:
> My grandmother made mole~ after mass every Sunday. Now I have utilized the
> Dona Maria and other generic bottle brands. Any home made recipes out
> there. I am new to the community but love the post I have read so far.
> Would love any suggestions.

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/recip...xacaindex.html

Mole is not a mystery, but some people say that it's only prepared
correctly in Oaxaca or Pueblo. There are seven different colored moles
made in Oaxaca. The color often depends on what kind of vegetable or
chile you use.

As I recall, there is mole verde, mole rojo, mole colorado, mole
coloradito, mole amarillo, and mole negro and the brown
manchamanteles.

If you google for recipes, you will find all the recipes for homemade
moles you want
right here in this group.

Some people think that mole is the meat or poultry in the sauce. It's
not.

A mole is just an chile sauce with textures created by whatever seeds
you want to add. Mole poblano contains chocolate. You can add bananas
or plaintains or whatever to thicken the mole.

Pumpkin seeds are used sometimes. Sesame seeds can go into the mole or
be sprinkled on top of the sauce once it's poured over whatever meat
or poultry you're serving.

You can sear tender meat or poultry to seal in the juices or you can
boil tougher cuts of meat to tenderize them