FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Barbacoa cooking methods? (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/139829-barbacoa-cooking-methods.html)

No Name 11-11-2007 08:14 PM

Barbacoa cooking methods?

Any suggestions on how to cook Barbacoa? Either pork or beef. I have heard
of the pit method, but would prefer range top or in a roasting pan or
electric slow roaster.

--
Respectfully,

John H. Carrillo
Senior Health Physicist/CEO
JHC Environmental Group, LTD.
24 hour Emergency Response Number: 713.409.2672

Pacific Rim - Asia e-mail:

North America e-mail:

NOTICE: This e-mail message is covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act 18 USC 2510-2521, and is legally privileged. The information
contained in the e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to whom addressed above. If the reader is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to receive and deliver it to
distribution or copying this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify us by email at
or return the e-mail and then delete or
destroy the original message and all copies.

~ 11-11-2007 11:36 PM

Barbacoa cooking methods?

On Nov 11, 12:14?pm, > wrote:
> Any suggestions on how to cook Barbacoa? Either pork or beef. I have heard
> of the pit method, but would prefer range top or in a roasting pan or
> electric slow roaster.

Do they still make those plastic oven roasting bags? I used them for
roast beef frequently when cheap cuts were only about $1.00 a pound,
but for some reason the price went way up. It's just as well, because
beef is so slow to digest.

Gunner[_6_] 24-11-2007 09:31 PM

Barbacoa cooking methods?

> wrote in message
et...
> Any suggestions on how to cook Barbacoa? Either pork or beef. I have
> heard
> of the pit method, but would prefer range top or in a roasting pan or
> electric slow roaster.
>
> --
> Respectfully,
>
> John H. Carrillo

John, For me Barbacoa is BBQ or grilling. Pibil is pit cooking. What is
Barbacoa to you?

[email protected] 06-12-2007 12:24 AM

Barbacoa cooking methods?

Here are some barbacoa recipes , even some birria, the bad news is
that it is in spanish , use your translator of choice.

http://fogonrecetas.iespana.es/carne...a_al_horno.htm

Good luck.