FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   chipotle en adobo (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/138458-chipotle-en-adobo.html)

The Cook 28-10-2007 06:19 PM

chipotle en adobo

I am looking for a recipe for chipotle en adobo. The ones I have
found in a Google search all seem to be the same one that starts with
dried chipotle and uses catsup.

I have just smoked some jalapenos and wanted to use them. I went
ahead and put them in the dehydrator but can get them out if some has
a good recipe.

I see some familiar names here from rfc.

--
Susan N.

Gunner[_6_] 28-10-2007 08:34 PM

chipotle en adobo

"> dried chipotle and uses catsup.

> I have just smoked some jalapenos and wanted to use them.

Try subing Catsup with a Chile Colorado ( Rolly's site:
http://rollybrook.com/chile_colorado.htm , google for more), I tend to "fry"
the sauce up to get it a darker and stronger flavor, then add your acid(s)
to taste, bottle it all together and let em get to know each other. The
adobe will heat up more as they age. You can chane the flavor by the chile
you use to make the Colorado.

???? Do you use Mexican Oregano?