Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default My protest, who's with me?

I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
Mexico.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Oct 2, 7:21?am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
> I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
> guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
> Mexico.

Do you really think that Americans are going to do the work that
Mexicans are unwilling to do? Mexico is more likely to start a guest
worker program that utilizes
Chinese preasant.

I read the local Spanish language newspapers, and the Mexicans who
came here to work in the fields really don't want to do that kind of
work. They complain about how the sun is too hot and there's no shade
except for the guy who tallies their boxes of produce that they picked
and they want *ice water* to drink.

There are agencies here in the valley that are working to get the
Mexicans out of the fields and into service sector jobs. A Mexican can
get job training, one free month's rent every year and he can get his
utility bills paid once a year.

Mass hirings of farm labor occur at the employment development
department, which is in the same building as the welfare office and
the job training office and the probation department.

Every Mexican in the valley will have business at one of those
agencies at least once a year.

Recently, there was a big freeze and California fruit growers lost
$0.75 billion in citrus. The governor waived the 2-week waiting period
for unemployment compensation, the welfare agency stepped in and paid
the Mexicans' rent and utility bills, and growers rotated their "best
workers" by giving the most senior wetbacks one or two days work in
the packing houses every week so they wouldn't go back to Mexico.

Then the weather suddenly changed. It was no longer freezing, it was
like spring. The Mexicans took their unemployment and welfare checks
and bought beef to barbecue and cerveza to guzzle.

There was a fiesta in every city park, with mariachi music and pinatas
and all the unemplyed Mexicans in their straw hats and guayaberas and
cowboy boots were having a grand old family reunion with all their
relatives and friends and it wouldn't be Cinco de Mayo for another
three months!

The real unemployment rate in this county stands around 16% and jobs
are few and far between. The welfare agency advertised that they would
give any meat cutter a free bus ticket to Iowa so they could get work
there.

Then Foster Farms started putting up billboards in Mexico saying to
come to the USA and work for them.

Foster Farms hires temporary meat cutters through temporary agencies
run by Mexicans. To qualify, an applicant has to be a "good worker"
who has been employed steadily.

IOW, he has to be a Mexican who has been willing to work for low pay
without complaining.

The Spanish language newspapers talk about the plight of the "poor
workers", as in
what are the "poor workers" going to do now? In the Mexican mind, all
workers are Mexicans, being oppressed by the Anglos.

But the contractors that supply Mexican labor to the Anglo growers are
Mexicans, too, they are coyotes taking advantage of their own people.

The contractors and the growers know that 80% of their work force are
illegal aliens and they complain that they will be driven out of
business if they lose their "best workers".

In the meantime, the growers are living in 20-room mansions and
driving huge diesel-powered dualie pickup trucks to tow their travel
trailers and boats to the RV campgrounds and the lakes.

And there is still a class of unemployed impoverished Americans living
in squalor in little towns where there is no work at all for White
people.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Mr. Sardonicus wrote:
> On Oct 2, 7:21?am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
>> I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
>> guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
>> Mexico.

> Do you really think that Americans are going to do the work that
> Mexicans are unwilling to do?

No but we may be able to do work that they can't buy in Mexico and with
American ambition. Today the hoops you must jump to work or operate a
business in Mexico is pure extortion.

If what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. I say no
immigration deals until Mexico opens their society to us also.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mr. Sardonicus wrote:
> > On Oct 2, 7:21?am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
> >> I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
> >> guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
> >> Mexico.

> > Do you really think that Americans are going to do the work that
> > Mexicans are unwilling to do?

> No but we may be able to do work that they can't buy in Mexico and with
> American ambition. Today the hoops you must jump to work or operate a
> business in Mexico is pure extortion.
>
> If what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. I say no
> immigration deals until Mexico opens their society to us also.

Absolutely! The sooner they realize that individual Americans open more
businesses than they could ever dream of, thus keeping Mexican men employed
in their own country....

I've worked in Mexico on dozens of gigs. All of them paid for by either
grants from the US, US companies wanting maquiladora management/advice or
colleges and universities. All paid for from the US except for one who was
billed by my US contact in Dollars and paid to me in Dollars but I was under
a FM3, which took some doing to get.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
>I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
>guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
>Mexico.

Fine then. More good food for me.

Agradablemente,
Jessica

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mr. Sardonicus wrote:
> > On Oct 2, 7:21?am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
> >> I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
> >> guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
> >> Mexico.

> > Do you really think that Americans are going to do the work that
> > Mexicans are unwilling to do?

> No but we may be able to do work that they can't buy in Mexico and with
> American ambition. Today the hoops you must jump to work or operate a
> business in Mexico is pure extortion.
>
> If what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. I say no
> immigration deals until Mexico opens their society to us also.

I do agree Mexico is way unfair to Americans. My grandparents are/were
Mexican citizens, but my parents and I couldn't actually inherit property
from them and own it outright, at least that's what I've been told. It
stayed with the Mexican branch of the family due to Mexican law, even though
my dad was the oldest son.

Jessica R.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
>I vow not to purchase a single product from Mexico until they create a
>guest worker visa program for middle aged Americans wanting to work in
>Mexico.

Mexico doesn't want stupid people.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Oct 6, 3:53?pm, "||| |||||| || | ||||"
> Mexico doesn't want stupid people.

True. Mexico has more stupid people than it can ever possibly use, so
the Mexican government sends them to the USA where they take advantage
of the generosity of Real Americans.

Real Americans are so dumb, they give and give and give, until they
hurt themselves and other innocent Real Americans with their misguided
charity.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Mr. Sardonicus" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Mexico doesn't want stupid people.

> True. Mexico has more stupid people than it can ever possibly use, so
> the Mexican government sends them to the USA where they take advantage
> of the generosity of Real Americans.
>
> Real Americans are so dumb,

You said it, not me. At least Mexicans can navigate to get someplace else.

Americans so dumb they just keep circling the drain.