Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default How's the weather along the Border these days?

Cloudy and cool up here today, temps in the high 60s. Been cool all summer,
nice change from my old SW days, yet I do miss those hot sunny days ( but
not much) rains haven't come yet but I need to harvest the Epozote soon,
it is going to seed. Tomatillos got large skins but didn't fruit out much.
Had a damn good pork belly the other day, got some good bacon, braised a
slab in a chile sauce that was to die for and then made about 8 lbs of
chorizo with some of the fat and a Butt I had saved up. Froze the rest of
the belly for bacon and bits. Picking up a half a hog next week, 90-100
lbs @ a 1.87 a lb to set in for the winter. Local FFA raised and an old
fashioned butcher shop, all we got up here. Got 4 Lomos in the making
(cured pork loins) curing in the fridge now, will smoke them next week
One Ancho chile, one cracked Black pepper, one a Umami kinda thing, the
other plain cure. The Football Season Posole pot is coming out next week.
We don't do the chili thing so much as Posole although my Texas family side
still does the chili thing there, can't change em,. Missed going to the ABQ
cook-in on RFC cuz I got into a knife fight with the Doc that week, he won
by decision only but I get a rematch next week. Sure did want some Hatch
green chiles though, guess I will have to pay the Internet prices but I will
call up some old friends and ask them to send a ristra care package for the
winter.
The other intresting thing is Gunner is my 125 LB Yellow Labrador
retreiver, a big boy. I don't bird hunt as much as I used these days as
when I was training labs but I always trained them to keep vermin from the
barns and kennels so I guess I kinda keep that tradition going and why I am
always on Booger's stupid prejudiced butt when he turns any discussion on
food to dispaaging Mexicans. It is fairly understandable that Booger never
understood the Norteno culture cuz of his lazy white ass could not keep up
nor did he appreciate the fact they could make something out of nothing
where his simple white ass couldn't. But the most interesting thing here is
Booger has now read thru this entire post just to see what his little pea
brain can use to talk trash to a bunch of " short attention span group of
burnouts that doesn't want to bother to read recipes but would rather use
the group as a sort of hangout".

Hahahaha, as you said Booger we can all google, we can even google the same
recipes you tried to feed us in Spanish that you still could not understand
how to bring together. You really should have looked at Rolly's website and
Sra. Martha's recipes better, you might have recognized your screw ups a bit
sooner. Now again, let me warn you, You show and discuss all your recipes
you want that is what we are here for but if you start ragging on Mexicans
again or tacos or tamales or nortenos, I will get ghetto with ya again.
make no mistake about that, you prejudiced old coot.

I predict this is going to be a really good winter. How bout you Booger?

So what does one think about coconut lime jalapeno honey glazed chicken on
a green chile polenta cake with side of a tequila infused fig/pear compote?

..

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
I always trained them to keep vermin from the
> barns and kennels so I guess I kinda keep that tradition going and why I am
> always on Booger's stupid prejudiced butt when he turns any discussion on
> food to dispaaging Mexicans. It is fairly understandable that Booger never
> understood the Norteno culture cuz of his lazy white ass could not keep up
> nor did he appreciate the fact they could make something out of nothing
> where his simple white ass couldn't. But the most interesting thing here is
> Booger has now read thru this entire post just to see what his little pea
> brain can use to talk trash to a bunch of " short attention span group of
> burnouts that doesn't want to bother to read recipes but would rather use
> the group as a sort of hangout".
>
> Hahahaha, as you said Booger we can all google, we can even google the same
> recipes you tried to feed us in Spanish that you still could not understand
> how to bring together. You really should have looked at Rolly's website and
> Sra. Martha's recipes better, you might have recognized your screw ups a bit
> sooner. Now again, let me warn you, You show and discuss all your recipes
> you want that is what we are here for but if you start ragging on Mexicans
> again or tacos or tamales or nortenos, I will get ghetto with ya again.
> make no mistake about that, you prejudiced old coot.
>
> I predict this is going to be a really good winter. How bout you Booger?
>
> So what does one think about coconut lime jalapeno honey glazed chicken on
> a green chile polenta cake with side of a tequila infused fig/pear compote?

Dude, let it go...
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message
> [...]

> recipes you tried to feed us in Spanish that you still could not

understand
> how to bring together. You really should have looked at Rolly's website

and
> Sra. Martha's recipes better, you might have recognized your screw ups a

bit
> sooner. Now again, let me warn you, You show and discuss all your recipes
> you want that is what we are here for but if you start ragging on

Mexicans
> again or tacos or tamales or nortenos, I will get ghetto with ya again.
> make no mistake about that, you prejudiced old coot.
>
> I predict this is going to be a really good winter. How bout you Booger?
>
> So what does one think about coconut lime jalapeno honey glazed chicken

on
> a green chile polenta cake with side of a tequila infused fig/pear

Well... one of the great things about 'authentic' (pre conquest) food, is
that it is mostly simple and allowing for the taste buds to enjoy the subtle
flavors from each ingredient. Most Mexicans, of Mexico origin, don't eat
much chile. It's always there, on the table, green, red, guacamole,
jalapenos/carros en escabeche and even Tabasco sauce. But few people really
kill their meal with hot sauces, least of all waste good Tequila by cooking
it!

But hey... you asked for an opinion and you get one. I still believe part of
the magic in Mexican cooking... northern, central, south... is in the
comradship of digging into that steaming barbacoa, ladling some guacamole
and bit of salsa borracha into a freshly hand made corn tortilla. That tops
them all. Nothing like it anywhere in the world so good as that.

Wayne

> .

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

> Dude, let it go...

You are right Dude, I apologize to the group for bashing on Booger's
prejudices. It was not very mature.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 17, 7:50?am, "Gunner" > wrote:

> You are right Dude, I apologize to the group for bashing on Booger's
> prejudices. It was not very mature.

Now there's a **** poor "apology". You imply that Booger's posts
communicate irrational prejudice, instead of conveying information,
because of *your own* irrational prejudice against discussing cultural
differences between Americans and Mexicans.

It's a sad commentary on freedom of speech when Americans cannot use
this wonderful information system to intelligently discuss foreign
cultures without being shouted down by bigots such as yourself.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 16, 12:31?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> I still believe part of
> the magic in Mexican cooking... northern, central, south... is in the
> comradship of digging into that steaming barbacoa, ladling some guacamole
> and bit of salsa borracha into a freshly hand made corn tortilla. That tops
> them all. Nothing like it anywhere in the world so good as that.

Well, when are you going to invite us all down to Cholo Vista for a
taquiza and some cerveza, Wayne?

Or do you only invite females to your "get togethers"?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Mr. Sardonicus" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Sep 17, 7:50?am, "Gunner" > wrote:
>
>> You are right Dude, I apologize to the group for bashing on Booger's
>> prejudices. It was not very mature.

> Now there's a **** poor "apology". You imply that Booger's posts
> communicate irrational prejudice, instead of conveying information,
> because of *your own* irrational prejudice against discussing cultural
> differences between Americans and Mexicans.
>
> It's a sad commentary on freedom of speech when Americans cannot use
> this wonderful information system to intelligently discuss foreign
> cultures without being shouted down by bigots such as yourself.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Mr. Sardonicus" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Sep 17, 7:50?am, "Gunner" > wrote:
>
>> You are right Dude, I apologize to the group for bashing on Booger's
>> prejudices. It was not very mature.

> Now there's a **** poor "apology". You imply that Booger's posts
> communicate irrational prejudice, instead of conveying information,
> because of *your own* irrational prejudice against discussing cultural
> differences between Americans and Mexicans.
>
> It's a sad commentary on freedom of speech when Americans cannot use
> this wonderful information system to intelligently discuss foreign
> cultures without being shouted down by bigots such as yourself.

**** poor or not, Booger, the apology was not to you , nor will it ever be.
You are a still a prejudiced old coot.. You try to gift wrap your prejudices
up with the same old tired rethoric by starting out with some recipe you
take off the Internet in Spanish but can't translate properly and then turn
it into your political agenda of a caste system with you being on top. But
you do have relatives with black and brown skin, oh and Jewish also, is
that not correct? So of course you can't be prejudice can you? You still
haven't gotten off a Cruise ship long enough to know anything about a
foreign culture.

You forgot to cue the fife and drum roll background music for that last
paragraph. You White Pride boys do that Uber Patriot talk quite well Booger.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner > wrote in message
[Snip-O'-Matic employed]

Please don't feed the baby troll.

No one will remember him if you don't answer him.

And those of us with _active_ filtering have long since put his
latest morph into the permanent sin-bin saving any wasted time and
energy... But not when you quote his entire article.

The Ranger
--
"Can someone show me where in the children's manual it says that
men don't have to change diapers? My wife seems to have missed

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Gunner > wrote in message
> [Snip-O'-Matic employed]
>
> Please don't feed the baby troll.

But not when you quote his entire article.

> The Ranger
> --

Roger that.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Was ..... now foodie talk again

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "Gunner" > wrote in message

>> So what does one think about coconut lime jalapeno honey glazed chicken

> on a green chile polenta cake with side of a tequila infused fig/pear
> compote?
>>

> Well... one of the great things about 'authentic' (pre conquest) food, is
> that it is mostly simple and allowing for the taste buds to enjoy the
> subtle
> flavors from each ingredient. Most Mexicans, of Mexico origin, don't eat
> much chile. It's always there, on the table, green, red, guacamole,
> jalapenos/carros en escabeche and even Tabasco sauce. But few people
> really
> kill their meal with hot sauces, least of all waste good Tequila by
> cooking
> it!
>
> But hey... you asked for an opinion and you get one. I still believe part
> of
> the magic in Mexican cooking... northern, central, south... is in the
> comradship of digging into that steaming barbacoa, ladling some guacamole
> and bit of salsa borracha into a freshly hand made corn tortilla. That
> tops
> them all. Nothing like it anywhere in the world so good as that.
>

> Wayne

So Wayne, I guess a Balsamic vinegar, Mango, Pineapple and Habanero
reduction on a Huachinango(Red Snapper) fillet grilled en papillote (or a
banana leaf) with a side of Huitlacoche (Corn Fungus) Risotto would be out
of the question for ya huh?

Lots of new chefs out there creating Nouvelle Mexican Cuisine, as well as
fusion dishes these days. Is that not what Chile en Nogada was? The key to
good cooking has always been the use of quality ingredients in creative new
ways. Adaptive and adoptive. Take simple peasant food and take it to
another level.

There is nothing wrong with comfort foods. I could not cite the study right
now but I read where the average American Family diet consist of the same
5-7 main dishes throughout the year. I bet that thesis is very universal.
I can remember Fried Chicken was a Sunday meal, Meatloaf was another staple
and those awful Salmon patties on Fridays. Pot roast was another dish, but
for more special occasions, like a pay day! Then there was Chicken Fried
Steak with the requisite Gravy. Gravy was a food group, a condiment and a
spice in Texas. In hard times it was Chile Beans and Corn bread with a
green onion as the veggie as well as "Round" Steak(That red strip on the
edge was never very eatable) . So yes it is a magical thing to bring any
group to the communal "table" to share, but there is nothing wrong with
trying to see what is over the next mountain range is there? Nor in using
spirits in cooking. How many times have you ever heard "Never waste a good
( insert your fav spirit here) with ice, water or in cooking"?

The other part Wayne, I do love the salsas (sauces) and trying new
combinations of them. I never "Kill" my meal by over seasoning it with hot
capsicum heat, I use many chiles specifically for their very specific and
distinct flavors they give to meals, and Cayenne is one I use very
sparingly. It's over use in American cooking has turned me from it, even in
my Gumbos I use other chiles to get some heat.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 17, 8:56?am, "Gunner" > wrote:

> You try to gift wrap your prejudices
> up with the same old tired rethoric by starting out with some recipe you
> take off the Internet in Spanish but can't translate properly and then turn
> it into your political agenda of a caste system with you being on top.

If you shared my DNA, you'd be an aristocrat too, and you would see
things differently.

>But
> you do have relatives with black and brown skin, oh and Jewish also, is
> that not correct? So of course you can't be prejudice can you?

Of course not. My illustrious ancestors invented the reasoned
tolerance that allows you freedom of speech. I won't trouble your
petty brain with the names of those who signed the Declaration of
Independence.

> You still
> haven't gotten off a Cruise ship long enough to know anything about a
> foreign culture.

I don't need to. The tired refuse of teeming shores washes up on
American shores on a regular basis, demanding charity, and they get
it, whether they deserve it or not.

> You forgot to cue the fife and drum roll background music for that last
> paragraph.

What can I say? My ancestors founded Massachusetts and Rhode Island
and took part in the Boston Tea Party and the Battle of Bunker Hill.
Should I deny them their just glory? I think not.

You White Pride boys do that Uber Patriot talk quite well Booger.

Now you're being silly. "White Pride" is prison gang talk. I refuse to
be their leader.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Mr. Sardonicus" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Sep 16, 12:31?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
> wrote:
>
> > I still believe part of
> > the magic in Mexican cooking... northern, central, south... is in the
> > comradship of digging into that steaming barbacoa, ladling some

guacamole
> > and bit of salsa borracha into a freshly hand made corn tortilla. That

tops
> > them all. Nothing like it anywhere in the world so good as that.

> Well, when are you going to invite us all down to Cholo Vista for a
> taquiza and some cerveza, Wayne?
>
> Or do you only invite females to your "get togethers"?

Your invitation will be sent when I see something really interesting from
you in the forum. I know you keep trying...

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message

> [...]

> edge was never very eatable) . So yes it is a magical thing to bring any
> group to the communal "table" to share, but there is nothing wrong with
> trying to see what is over the next mountain range is there? Nor in using
> spirits in cooking. How many times have you ever heard "Never waste a

good
> ( insert your fav spirit here) with ice, water or in cooking"?
>

> The other part Wayne, I do love the salsas (sauces) and trying new
> combinations of them. I never "Kill" my meal by over seasoning it with

hot
> capsicum heat, I use many chiles specifically for their very specific and
> distinct flavors they give to meals, and Cayenne is one I use very
> sparingly. It's over use in American cooking has turned me from it, even

in
> my Gumbos I use other chiles to get some heat.

I really love your posts! No kidding. You not only stimulate taste buds but
the imagination.

I think my problem is that as I get older I seem to revert to really basic
stuff for pleasure. A missionary style screw occasionally, nothing fancy, no
need for an Ikea bench... vanilla ice cream with a dollop of strawberry jam
or fudge... rice and beans once a week with green salsa and tortillas on the
side is now equivalent to the old days when a filet mignon and lobster was
the main attraction.

So... in effect.... I have pretty much stopped experimenting. My wife keeps
telling me not to. When I added something... I forget what... to our
traditional ground turkey 'Texas' chili she gave me a bad time telling me to
stick to what we have evolved over the years to our exacting tastebud
specifications. No more experimenting!

But I love to read your stuff along with the others because it keeps my mind
at work, and if the mind is at work, the body follows.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 17, 1:30?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> Your invitation will be sent when I see something really interesting from
> you in the forum. I know you keep trying...

But you were so interested in me when you thought I was female...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Mr. Sardonicus wrote:

> But you were so interested in me when you thought I was female...

That is really scary...
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sep 17, 12:56?pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> > "Gunner" > wrote in message

> So Wayne, ?I guess a Balsamic vinegar, Mango, Pineapple and

Habanero
> reduction on a Huachinango(Red Snapper) fillet grilled en papillote (or a
> banana leaf) with a side of Huitlacoche (Corn Fungus) Risotto would be out
> of the question for ya huh?

Sounds frou-frou to me.

> The key to
> good cooking has always been the use of quality ingredients in creative new
> ways. Adaptive and adoptive. Take simple peasant food and take it to
> another level.

Sounds like hypocritical class warfare to me.