Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Quick, easy, tasty bean dip...

We have a guest coming over in a few hours. Made a great California sour
cream onion dip... some deviled eggs... but needed something else, a bit
different.

Two days ago made rice and beans. Last night made enfrijoladas (bean
enchiladas) and had some leftover.

Mixed leftovers with jalapeno rajas, a few squirts of chipotle Tabasco, well
mixed and brought to a dip texture. Superb! Excellent for tortilla chip,
Frito, potato chip dip.

Setting up table in the backyard to enjoy the seabreeze coming from the
Pacific under our favorite shade tree. A bottle of Cazadores, some cut
limes, Colima salt, deviled eggs, California onion soup dip... and my own
frijoles a la Wayne...

Come join us! Even if just mentally.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

What time should I get there, Wayne?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"chipotle" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What time should I get there, Wayne?

Yesterday... one-ish... it was a HIT!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Okey, okay, you didn't wait for me to cross the country. I'll settle
for leftovers!

On Sep 3, 11:28 am, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:
> "chipotle" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> What time should I get there, Wayne?
>
> Yesterday... one-ish... it was a HIT!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> I'm stuck in upstate NY away from the ocean - I'm jealous!
> Paul
>
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>> We have a guest coming over in a few hours. Made a great California sour
>> cream onion dip... some deviled eggs... but needed something else, a bit
>> different.
>>
>> Two days ago made rice and beans. Last night made enfrijoladas (bean
>> enchiladas) and had some leftover.
>>
>> Mixed leftovers with jalapeno rajas, a few squirts of chipotle Tabasco,
>> well
>> mixed and brought to a dip texture. Superb! Excellent for tortilla chip,
>> Frito, potato chip dip.
>>
>> Setting up table in the backyard to enjoy the seabreeze coming from the
>> Pacific under our favorite shade tree. A bottle of Cazadores, some cut
>> limes, Colima salt, deviled eggs, California onion soup dip... and my own
>> frijoles a la Wayne...
>>
>> Come join us! Even if just mentally.

Sounds SO Good (and I'm in Cali!)

Rajas de jalepeños - sounds soooo yummy. If anyone doesn't know how to do
that:

I just throw the chiles in my broiler (I've got a fantastic broiler, it's a
MAP's essential appliance), and it takes about 1 minute per side to blacken.
Don't have to be religious about it. Stick in plastic ziplock bag for an
hour, slide the black part off (good if some black stays, though, it's
tastY) then slice 'em up however you like.

We eat jalepeños every single day. A day without chile....is a day without
enough Vitamin C!

agradablemente...

Jessica R.