Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Pecan sauce

1/4 lb of butter
1 cup Pecans, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely Minced
2 Tablespoons quality cooking oil
1 to 2 chopped fresh red peppers to taste. For a mild flavor, use red Bell
or move up to a hotter pepper to your heat level
1/4 teaspoon of Cumin optional. I will add it if I use this for fish.

Melt the butter over a low heat, add the remaining ingredients and cook
until the peppers are soft and tender. Serve over fish, chicken, pork or
pasta. Garnish with cilantro.

For a sweet and hot version that is especially good over grilled salmon,
use 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped and 1/4 cup of light corn
syrup.

Tip: toast your pecans before chopping.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 9, 10:17 am, "Gunner" > wrote:

> Tip: toast your pecans before chopping.

I sometimes add ground toasted pecans to an ancho sauce (for making
enchiladas) or to an ancho paste (to rub turkey with before
roasting..)

T.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"tbs48" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Aug 9, 10:17 am, "Gunner" > wrote:
>
>> Tip: toast your pecans before chopping.

> I sometimes add ground toasted pecans to an ancho sauce (for making
> enchiladas) or to an ancho paste (to rub turkey with before
> roasting..)
>
> T.

That is an interesting tip to try. I will be making some more sausage soon,
will use this one thanks.

pecan just joe Barbecue 5 21-01-2008 06:30 AM
Pecan-Crusted Crab Cakes with Sweet Pepper Sauce Fawnette Larson Recipes (moderated) 0 02-04-2007 07:15 PM
Bob's Pecan Pie Bob Recipes (moderated) 0 18-11-2005 02:36 PM
Lentil Burgers with Pecan Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-07-2005 11:41 PM
Brussel Sprouts in Pecan Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-04-2005 02:52 PM