Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Green chile stuffed Chicken breasts

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup green chiles to taste/comfort, chopped
2 oz ham, minced
2 oz. Monterry Jack Cheese shredded
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs beaten
1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper & chile powder, to taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the chiles, cheese, ham and garlic and set aside @ room temp.
Prepare a dredging station with the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and a flat
pan for the bread crumbs/chile
Rinse the chicken and pat dry and season with salt and pepper.

Using a sharp knife, make a cut into the side of the chicken to form a
pocket being careful not to cut through. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese/ham/chile
mixture into each breast, and close the side with a toothpick
Dip the breasts into the eggs and then dredge into the seasoned bread crumbs
to coat. Put into a baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until
done. Remove the toothpick and serve.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> 4 boneless chicken breasts
> 1/2 cup green chiles to taste/comfort, chopped
> 2 oz ham, minced
> 2 oz. Monterry Jack Cheese shredded
> 1 garlic clove, minced
> 2 eggs beaten
> 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper & chile powder, to taste.
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
> Combine the chiles, cheese, ham and garlic and set aside @ room temp.
> Prepare a dredging station with the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and a flat
> pan for the bread crumbs/chile
> Rinse the chicken and pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
>
> Using a sharp knife, make a cut into the side of the chicken to form a
> pocket being careful not to cut through. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese/ham/chile
> mixture into each breast, and close the side with a toothpick
> Dip the breasts into the eggs and then dredge into the seasoned bread crumbs
> to coat. Put into a baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until
> done. Remove the toothpick and serve.

Are these yours or have you switched teams?
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
tom tom is offline

Sonoran Dude wrote:
> Gunner wrote:
>> 4 boneless chicken breasts
>> 1/2 cup green chiles to taste/comfort, chopped
>> 2 oz ham, minced
>> 2 oz. Monterry Jack Cheese shredded
>> 1 garlic clove, minced
>> 2 eggs beaten
>> 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper & chile powder, to
>> taste.
>>
>> Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
>> Combine the chiles, cheese, ham and garlic and set aside @ room temp.
>> Prepare a dredging station with the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl
>> and a flat pan for the bread crumbs/chile
>> Rinse the chicken and pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
>>
>> Using a sharp knife, make a cut into the side of the chicken to form
>> a pocket being careful not to cut through. Spoon 1/4 of the
>> cheese/ham/chile mixture into each breast, and close the side with a
>> toothpick
>> Dip the breasts into the eggs and then dredge into the seasoned
>> bread crumbs to coat. Put into a baking pan and bake at 350 for 45
>> minutes or until done. Remove the toothpick and serve.
>>

> Are these yours or have you switched teams?

Can't answer your question but we tried this recipie tonight and enjoyed it.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Gunner wrote:
>>

> Are these yours or have you switched teams?

"switched teams" Dude? I didn't realize we had teams here. The
recipes? These are just some Norteno recipes, NM in fact. local
ingredients; Pecans, Green chiles, just to show Mexican foods are more than
the Yucatan, or the VOM. It drives me up a wall when someone disparges
Norteno foods as not indigenously authentic then turns around and celebrates
Chile en Nodgada. All cooking todate is pretty much fusion dishes in one
form or another. It should be celebrated on taste not on what someone
thinks it is.

Now there is no attribution to these last recipes because these are just
some in a file folder pile of notes and falling apart cookbooks, some are
pencil scratches on the back of envelopes, hastily written down at some
dinner or some idle chatter remembered the next day or perhaps torn out
magazine articles and of course an old purpley blue school quality
memographed cookbook from the 60-70s, one from ABQ, another from Almagordo
.. One of those typical $2.00 Benovelent Order of Sister Mary Kate charity
funds that the local ladies contribute to every year to show off their prize
winning and much ballyhoo'd dish. A collection I have vowed to get on the
computer to pass along so as not to lose them before I go on maneuvers with
the Big Ranger in the sky .

So as to teams, I am a free agent as far as I know, I just want to hear food
stories and see recipes, Rolly, David, and even ole Wayne have some good
ones, and I'm betting you do too, just can't let someone get too
comfortable in the telling of tales as we get older ; )

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message
>4 boneless chicken breasts
> 1/2 cup green chiles to taste/comfort, chopped
> 2 oz ham, minced
> 2 oz. Monterry Jack Cheese shredded
> 1 garlic clove, minced
> 2 eggs beaten
> 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper & chile powder, to taste.
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
> Combine the chiles, cheese, ham and garlic and set aside @ room temp.
> Prepare a dredging station with the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and a flat
> pan for the bread crumbs/chile
> Rinse the chicken and pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
>
> Using a sharp knife, make a cut into the side of the chicken to form a pocket
> being careful not to cut through. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese/ham/chile mixture
> into each breast, and close the side with a toothpick
> Dip the breasts into the eggs and then dredge into the seasoned bread crumbs
> to coat. Put into a baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
> Remove the toothpick and serve.

Suggestion; Reverse the process and stuff a green chili with chicken & Cheese.
:-)

Dimitri

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message .
---snip---

just can't let someone get too
> comfortable in the telling of tales as we get older ; )

Telling tales is mankinds secret to the universe. How else did the bible get
startd without some old geezer survivor relate their dreams as truth in
order to discipline the women and children of the 'family tribe'?

The telling of tales become thick volumes for future doctorates to gain
respectability and tenure...

Que no?
Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "Gunner" > wrote in message .
> ---snip---
>
> just can't let someone get too
>> comfortable in the telling of tales as we get older ; )
>>

> Telling tales is mankinds secret to the universe. How else did the bible
> get
> startd without some old geezer survivor relate their dreams as truth in
> order to discipline the women and children of the 'family tribe'?
>
> The telling of tales become thick volumes for future doctorates to gain
> respectability and tenure...
>
> Que no?
> Wayne

good one Wayne.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> "Gunner" > wrote in message
> Suggestion; Reverse the process and stuff a green chili with chicken &
> Cheese. :-)
>
> Dimitri

Dimitri, Do you have a relleno recipe, tip,or trick you want to share?
Please post it. This is one dish I like with the roasted Poblano, cheddar
cheese and a Colorado sauce. I count it as two veggies and one dairy.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>> Gunner wrote:
>> Are these yours or have you switched teams?

> "switched teams" Dude? I didn't realize we had teams here. The
> recipes?

For a sec I thought Booger had slipped something in your beans
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Gunner wrote:
>> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>>> Gunner wrote:
>>> Are these yours or have you switched teams?

>> "switched teams" Dude? I didn't realize we had teams here. The
>> recipes?

> For a sec I thought Booger had slipped something in your beans

Thanks Dude.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Gunner" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Gunner" > wrote in message
>> Suggestion; Reverse the process and stuff a green chili with chicken &
>> Cheese. :-)
>>
>> Dimitri

> Dimitri, Do you have a relleno recipe, tip,or trick you want to share? Please
> post it. This is one dish I like with the roasted Poblano, cheddar cheese and
> a Colorado sauce. I count it as two veggies and one dairy.

Sorry to be so long the only tricks I know a

1. Char & peal the chilies.
2. Separate the eggs and beat the whites then fold in the yolks.
3. Fry in enough oil or oil/lard mixture to allow the stuffed chilies to
float.

Dimitri