Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default from chipotle - a new contest

This may be the easiest contest we've ever had, expcially for Mexican
food lovers as foods are so fresh. And you can win a wonderful
assortment of cookbooks.

You'll find it he

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/CONTES...a_Contest.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 31, 6:14?am, chipotle > wrote:
> This may be the easiest contest we've ever had, expcially for Mexican
> food lovers as foods are so fresh. And you can win a wonderful
> assortment of cookbooks.

We don't need no steenking cook books.

We don't do recipes.

We eat what is in the refrigerator.

We fold tacos.

We eat beans.

We fart.

We drink beer.

We **** a lot.

We drink habanero sauce right out of the bottle.

We puke.

We have diarhhea in the boat.

We have a hangover.

Then we do it all over again.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Good to see you here again! Have missed you.

Ignore the jerks.

"chipotle" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> This may be the easiest contest we've ever had, expcially for Mexican
> food lovers as foods are so fresh. And you can win a wonderful
> assortment of cookbooks.
>
> You'll find it he
>
> http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/CONTES...a_Contest.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:

> We drink habanero sauce right out of the bottle.
>
> We puke.
>
> We have diarhhea in the boat.
>
> We have a hangover.
>
> Then we do it all over again.

It's ok Booger, lash out over old postings, it makes you feel good about
yourself and we all know how much you are hurting inside.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 31, 10:47?am, Sonoran Dude

> It's ok Booger, lash out over old postings, it makes you feel good about
> yourself and we all know how much you are hurting inside.

Got any made-from-scratch Mexican recipes that don't involve canned or
bottled chile sauces?

No? I didn't think you would have any recipes.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 31, 12:48 pm, Rechazador de Disparates >
wrote:
> On Jul 31, 10:47?am, Sonoran Dude
>
> > It's ok Booger, lash out over old postings, it makes you feel good about
> > yourself and we all know how much you are hurting inside.

> Got any made-from-scratch Mexican recipes that don't involve canned or
> bottled chile sauces?
>
> No? I didn't think you would have any recipes.

An article in this morning's Houston Chronicle (Associated Press) says
that there is a pepper grown in
Changpool, India (called a bhut jolokia, or "Ghost Chili") that is
going to be imported to the U.S. and seems to
be the hottest pepper in the world. It has over 1,000,000 Scoville
Units. The pepper is so hot that visitors to the town in India where
it has been grown for a long time are warned by locals not to try them
under any circumstances. The locals eat them, though. A jalapeno
rates from 2,500 to 8,000. A Red Savina Habanero rates 580,000. I
can't remember where a Scotch Bonnet is on the scale.

If you are looking to make some made-from-scratch recipes that don't
use a prepared chile sauce, you might try this one in your molcajete.
About half of my meals are eaten in Mexico, however, and I find that
Mexicans aren't anywhere nearly as fond of extremely hot food as
Texans are.

Most Mexicans use prepared/bottled hot sauces.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 1, 7:46?am, Jack Tyler > wrote:

> An article in this morning's Houston Chronicle (Associated Press) says
> that there is a pepper grown in
> Changpool, India (called a bhut jolokia, or "Ghost Chili") that is
> going to be imported to the U.S. and seems to
> be the hottest pepper in the world. It has over 1,000,000 Scoville
> Units.

It sounds like it has to be pure capsaicin, then.

Somebody once posted a list of the relative heats of various chiles
here, but he was bitterly criticized for posting recipes.

All the taco benders and calmex fans and experts who can tell good
beer from warm **** when they are drunk raised such a stink he quit
posting recipes.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...c41b827bc3c7d0

Too bad this group has become stuck in the mud of the lowest common
taco bender...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler > wrote in message
oups.com...
> [..] I find that Mexicans aren't anywhere nearly as
> fond of extremely hot food as Texans are.
>
> Most Mexicans use prepared/bottled hot sauces.

This has also been my experience, as well.

With my Hispanic friends, they are not looking to the heat but
more from the taste and/or texture offered by the peppers itself.
The majority are quite happy to nosh pickled jalapenos for heat.
Habs are the "hottest" I've ever seen one go and he liked
suffering through his meals considering each dining experience a
contest of wills, a test of just how brave he was.

Conversely, my TX friends and family are always looking to see
just how far they can push that damned heat envelope. I'd bet at
the next Clan Gathering several will have access to those Ghost
Chilis (which will have found their way into the communal bowl o'
red.)

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 1, 8:24 am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> Jack Tyler > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > [..] I find that Mexicans aren't anywhere nearly as
> > fond of extremely hot food as Texans are.

> > Most Mexicans use prepared/bottled hot sauces.

> This has also been my experience, as well.
>
> With my Hispanic friends, they are not looking to the heat but
> more from the taste and/or texture offered by the peppers itself.
> The majority are quite happy to nosh pickled jalapenos for heat.
> Habs are the "hottest" I've ever seen one go and he liked
> suffering through his meals considering each dining experience a
> contest of wills, a test of just how brave he was.
>
> Conversely, my TX friends and family are always looking to see
> just how far they can push that damned heat envelope. I'd bet at
> the next Clan Gathering several will have access to those Ghost
> Chilis (which will have found their way into the communal bowl o'
> red.)
>
> The Ranger

Here's another link. The previous poster, who's name is too long for
me to say, had a more complete list of Scovilles in his link, but this
one has a pic of the devil pepper (I still hate Wiki, though).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_units

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler > wrote in message
oups.com...
[snip]
> Here's another link. The previous poster, who's name
> is too long for me to say, had a more complete list of
> Scovilles in his link, but this one has a pic of the devil
> pepper (I still hate Wiki, though).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_units

Interesting article. Thanks.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
> On Aug 1, 7:46?am, Jack Tyler > wrote:
>
>> An article in this morning's Houston Chronicle (Associated Press) says
>> that there is a pepper grown in
>> Changpool, India (called a bhut jolokia, or "Ghost Chili") that is
>> going to be imported to the U.S. and seems to
>> be the hottest pepper in the world. It has over 1,000,000 Scoville
>> Units.

> It sounds like it has to be pure capsaicin, then.
>
> Somebody once posted a list of the relative heats of various chiles
> here, but he was bitterly criticized for posting recipes.
>
> All the taco benders and calmex fans and experts who can tell good
> beer from warm **** when they are drunk raised such a stink he quit
> posting recipes.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...c41b827bc3c7d0
>
> Too bad this group has become stuck in the mud of the lowest common
> taco bender...

You pitiful cry-baby... we never criticized you for posting recipes...
You change handles so often its hard to keep track of you... We
criticized you for cut and pasting recipes under several different names
now. We have Google too and don't need your endless recipe surfing
skills. Just once you could say, yum, I tried this recipe and it was
good. Since I can't recall one single posting of your own original
thought I criticized you just as many other's did, so get over it. I
bend tacos because I like them and take offense to your elitist bullshit
when discussing food from Mexico.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> On Aug 1, 8:24 am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
>> Jack Tyler > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>
>>> [..] I find that Mexicans aren't anywhere nearly as
>>> fond of extremely hot food as Texans are.
>>> Most Mexicans use prepared/bottled hot sauces.

>> This has also been my experience, as well.
>>
>> With my Hispanic friends, they are not looking to the heat but
>> more from the taste and/or texture offered by the peppers itself.
>> The majority are quite happy to nosh pickled jalapenos for heat.
>> Habs are the "hottest" I've ever seen one go and he liked
>> suffering through his meals considering each dining experience a
>> contest of wills, a test of just how brave he was.
>>
>> Conversely, my TX friends and family are always looking to see
>> just how far they can push that damned heat envelope. I'd bet at
>> the next Clan Gathering several will have access to those Ghost
>> Chilis (which will have found their way into the communal bowl o'
>> red.)
>>
>> The Ranger

> Here's another link. The previous poster, who's name is too long for
> me to say, had a more complete list of Scovilles in his link, but this
> one has a pic of the devil pepper (I still hate Wiki, though).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_units
>
> Jack

This is a very interesting pepper. Looks like a hab in a way. In regards
to bottled sauces from the previous poster. Some people would lead you
to believe that it is a sin to use a processed product from a bottle. I
disagree. I think buying, collecting and using different sauces from
around the world opens your palate to spicy fare and only increases your
own imagination in the kitchen. Without imagination our food would be
pretty dam dull.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 1, 4:49?pm, Sonoran Dude >

> You pitiful cry-baby... we never criticized you for posting recipes...
> You change handles so often its hard to keep track of you... We
> criticized you for cut and pasting recipes under several different names
> now. We have Google too and don't need your endless recipe surfing
> skills. Just once you could say, yum, I tried this recipe and it was
> good. Since I can't recall one single posting of your own original
> thought I criticized you just as many other's did, so get over it. I
> bend tacos because I like them and take offense to your elitist bullshit
> when discussing food from Mexico.

You're just too lazy to learn anything new, even when somebody else is
doing all the work and spoon feeding you new information.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 1, 9:08 pm, Rechazador de Disparates >
wrote:
> On Aug 1, 4:49?pm, Sonoran Dude >
>
> > You pitiful cry-baby... we never criticized you for posting recipes...
> > You change handles so often its hard to keep track of you... We
> > criticized you for cut and pasting recipes under several different names
> > now. We have Google too and don't need your endless recipe surfing
> > skills. Just once you could say, yum, I tried this recipe and it was
> > good. Since I can't recall one single posting of your own original
> > thought I criticized you just as many other's did, so get over it. I
> > bend tacos because I like them and take offense to your elitist bullshit
> > when discussing food from Mexico.

> You're just too lazy to learn anything new, even when somebody else is
> doing all the work and spoon feeding you new information.

Perhaps R de D has no sense of taste. Pobrecito. Lo siento mucho.
Hardly.

T.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 2, 3:31?am, tbs48 > wrote:

> Perhaps R de D has no sense of taste. Pobrecito. Lo siento mucho.
> Hardly.

So. Where's *your* contribution to this NG, besides opening a salsa
bottle and pouring it onto some tortillas and cheese?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 2, 10:24 am, Rechazador de Disparates >
wrote:
> On Aug 2, 3:31?am, tbs48 > wrote:
>
> > Perhaps R de D has no sense of taste. Pobrecito. Lo siento mucho.
> > Hardly.

> So. Where's *your* contribution to this NG, besides opening a salsa
> bottle and pouring it onto some tortillas and cheese?

~~~~

I put this in back about 6 years ago, sport.. this is my own
concoction.

Salsa Verde M5

6-10 tomatillos (depending on size); about 12 oz worth
2-4 serranos & 1-2 jalapenos, or all serranos (to taste)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (cut up or not)
1 tbsp vinegar (optional)
1 tbsp peanut oil
pinch salt

Peel and rinse the tomatillos, being careful for little worms and
things. Heat the comal and roll the tomatillos on the surface until
there are significant browned patches on all of them. Similarly
treat
the peppers. Purree the tomatillos and peppers (or if you must, mash
them on a molcajete) and force through a seive to remove bits of skin
and seeds. (Tomatillo seeds will wind up jumping everywhere.)
Heat the oil in a small skillet and sautee the onion until
transparent
(about 5 minutes at pretty high heat). Add the garlic and stir
quickly; allow neither the garlic nor the onion to brown. Add the
cumin and the purree and stir quickly. Reduce heat slightly and
allow
to reduce until somewhat less watery. Taste and season, adding the
vinegar if the tomatillos didn't add enough bite (be careful with the
vinegar). Remove from heat and stir in cilantro leaves.
This sauce is a nice accompaniment to grilled pork or chicken. It
can
be combined in trendy ways with a rich red/brown sauce made from
dried
peppers.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rechazador de Disparates" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 1, 4:49?pm, Sonoran Dude >
>

>> You pitiful cry-baby... we never criticized you for posting recipes...
>> You change handles so often its hard to keep track of you... We
>> criticized you for cut and pasting recipes under several different names
>> now. We have Google too and don't need your endless recipe surfing
>> skills. Just once you could say, yum, I tried this recipe and it was
>> good. Since I can't recall one single posting of your own original
>> thought I criticized you just as many other's did, so get over it. I
>> bend tacos because I like them and take offense to your elitist bullshit
>> when discussing food from Mexico.

> You're just too lazy to learn anything new, even when somebody else is
> doing all the work and spoon feeding you new information.

Booger, there is a big difference in learning something new and ignoring the
vile racist, and often egotistical, rants from a desperate old man.

Your M.O. remains the same. No one cares about your great, great, great
uncle on your mother's side, twice removed. You can't cook, know nothing
about foods, incessantly bitch about tacos and tamales, obsess on organ meat
and you disparage the people. So once again I have to ask; why do you come
here?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 2, 7:44?am, "Gunner" > wrote:

>So once again I have to ask; why do you come
> here?

A better question would be, "Why do you follow ME from group to group,
David Ellis?"

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:46:01 -0700, Jack Tyler
> wrote:

>On Jul 31, 12:48 pm, Rechazador de Disparates >
>wrote:
>> On Jul 31, 10:47?am, Sonoran Dude
>>
>> > It's ok Booger, lash out over old postings, it makes you feel good about
>> > yourself and we all know how much you are hurting inside.

>> Got any made-from-scratch Mexican recipes that don't involve canned or
>> bottled chile sauces?
>>
>> No? I didn't think you would have any recipes.

>An article in this morning's Houston Chronicle (Associated Press) says
>that there is a pepper grown in
>Changpool, India (called a bhut jolokia, or "Ghost Chili") that is
>going to be imported to the U.S. and seems to
>be the hottest pepper in the world. It has over 1,000,000 Scoville
>Units. The pepper is so hot that visitors to the town in India where
>it has been grown for a long time are warned by locals not to try them
>under any circumstances. The locals eat them, though. A jalapeno
>rates from 2,500 to 8,000. A Red Savina Habanero rates 580,000. I
>can't remember where a Scotch Bonnet is on the scale.

Here's a more thorough discussion of the bhut jolokia.
http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/sagajolokia.asp

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

tbs48 wrote:
> On Aug 2, 10:24 am, Rechazador de Disparates >
> wrote:
>> On Aug 2, 3:31?am, tbs48 > wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps R de D has no sense of taste. Pobrecito. Lo siento mucho.
>>> Hardly.

>> So. Where's *your* contribution to this NG, besides opening a salsa
>> bottle and pouring it onto some tortillas and cheese?

> ~~~~
>
> I put this in back about 6 years ago, sport.. this is my own
> concoction.
>
> Salsa Verde M5
>

> 6-10 tomatillos (depending on size); about 12 oz worth
> 2-4 serranos & 1-2 jalapenos, or all serranos (to taste)
> 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
> 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> 1/4 tsp ground cumin
> 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (cut up or not)
> 1 tbsp vinegar (optional)
> 1 tbsp peanut oil
> pinch salt
>

> Peel and rinse the tomatillos, being careful for little worms and
> things. Heat the comal and roll the tomatillos on the surface until
> there are significant browned patches on all of them. Similarly
> treat
> the peppers. Purree the tomatillos and peppers (or if you must, mash
> them on a molcajete) and force through a seive to remove bits of skin
> and seeds. (Tomatillo seeds will wind up jumping everywhere.)
> Heat the oil in a small skillet and sautee the onion until
> transparent
> (about 5 minutes at pretty high heat). Add the garlic and stir
> quickly; allow neither the garlic nor the onion to brown. Add the
> cumin and the purree and stir quickly. Reduce heat slightly and
> allow
> to reduce until somewhat less watery. Taste and season, adding the
> vinegar if the tomatillos didn't add enough bite (be careful with the
> vinegar). Remove from heat and stir in cilantro leaves.
> This sauce is a nice accompaniment to grilled pork or chicken. It
> can
> be combined in trendy ways with a rich red/brown sauce made from
> dried
> peppers.

Original thought! I love it...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"tbs48" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Aug 2, 10:24 am, Rechazador de Disparates >
> wrote:
> > On Aug 2, 3:31?am, tbs48 > wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps R de D has no sense of taste. Pobrecito. Lo siento mucho.
> > > Hardly.

> > So. Where's *your* contribution to this NG, besides opening a salsa
> > bottle and pouring it onto some tortillas and cheese?

> ~~~~
>
> I put this in back about 6 years ago, sport.. this is my own
> concoction.
>
> Salsa Verde M5
>

> 6-10 tomatillos (depending on size); about 12 oz worth
> 2-4 serranos & 1-2 jalapenos, or all serranos (to taste)
> 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
> 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> 1/4 tsp ground cumin
> 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (cut up or not)
> 1 tbsp vinegar (optional)
> 1 tbsp peanut oil
> pinch salt
>

> Peel and rinse the tomatillos, being careful for little worms and
> things. Heat the comal and roll the tomatillos on the surface until
> there are significant browned patches on all of them. Similarly
> treat
> the peppers. Purree the tomatillos and peppers (or if you must, mash
> them on a molcajete) and force through a seive to remove bits of skin
> and seeds. (Tomatillo seeds will wind up jumping everywhere.)
> Heat the oil in a small skillet and sautee the onion until
> transparent
> (about 5 minutes at pretty high heat). Add the garlic and stir
> quickly; allow neither the garlic nor the onion to brown. Add the
> cumin and the purree and stir quickly. Reduce heat slightly and
> allow
> to reduce until somewhat less watery. Taste and season, adding the
> vinegar if the tomatillos didn't add enough bite (be careful with the
> vinegar). Remove from heat and stir in cilantro leaves.
> This sauce is a nice accompaniment to grilled pork or chicken. It
> can
> be combined in trendy ways with a rich red/brown sauce made from
> dried
> peppers.

Great recipe! The only difference between yours and my version is the cumin.
I'm guessing that the cumin is something appealing to north of the border
taste buds. Even to this day, cumin is slow to catch on in south of the
border Mexican cooking.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rechazador de Disparates" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Aug 2, 7:44?am, "Gunner" > wrote:

"Rechazador de Disparates" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 1, 4:49?pm, Sonoran Dude >
>

>> You pitiful cry-baby... we never criticized you for posting recipes...
>> You change handles so often its hard to keep track of you... We
>> criticized you for cut and pasting recipes under several different names
>> now. We have Google too and don't need your endless recipe surfing
>> skills. Just once you could say, yum, I tried this recipe and it was
>> good. Since I can't recall one single posting of your own original
>> thought I criticized you just as many other's did, so get over it. I
>> bend tacos because I like them and take offense to your elitist bullshit
>> when discussing food from Mexico.

> You're just too lazy to learn anything new, even when somebody else is
> doing all the work and spoon feeding you new information.

Booger, there is a big difference in learning something new and ignoring the
vile racist, and often egotistical, rants from a desperate old man.

Your M.O. remains the same. No one cares about your great, great, great
uncle on your mother's side, twice removed. You can't cook, know nothing
about foods, incessantly bitch about tacos and tamales, obsess on organ meat
and you disparage the people. So once again I have to ask; why do you come
here?

>>So once again I have to ask; why do you come
>> here?

> A better question would be, "Why do you follow ME from group to group,
> David Ellis?"

Nope, guess again, yet once again a pathetic and amatuer attempt to deflect
focus and avoid the question. Just for your info I only review RFC and
AFMC, but I do google. It is interesting that you not only pose a question
you attempt a sage answer under another name. Sad, it is.

But how about answering the question for once?

Why do you come here if you can't cook, obsess about tortillas, tacos, and
tamales, don't like Mexcians and have this great need to tell us about your
make-believe ancestors and your warped sense of history?

Do you have such an overwhelming obsessive need to school us to your
delusional thinking? Or is it you just so simple minded as trying to
establish barnyard pecking order?

Your response to Chipotle was assinine, you of all people need the
cookbooks.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 2, 2:11?pm, "Gunner" > wrote:

> Nope, guess again, yet once again a pathetic and amatuer attempt to deflect
> focus and avoid the question. Just for your info I only review RFC and
> AFMC, but I do google. It is interesting that you not only pose a question
> you attempt a sage answer under another name. Sad, it is.

It's even sadder what you're doing to AFMC. You see that nothing is
going on, you feel no desire to post anything, then the threads start
up again and you do a seagull number on the group, shitting on all the
threads, make a big threatening scene when somebody disagrees with
your radical liberal politics and then you go back to lurking.

How about if you get lost and stay lost, and maybe some of the bottled
taco sauce guzzlers and connoisseurs who can tell warm beer from
****water the morning after a party will leave too, and AFMC can get
back to exchanging recipes and cooking tips.

There will always be the newcomer who doesn't know that there are 50
slightly different versions of antojitos, so they will always have to
be pointed in the right direction.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2:11?pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
>
>> Nope, guess again, yet once again a pathetic and amatuer attempt to deflect
>> focus and avoid the question. Just for your info I only review RFC and
>> AFMC, but I do google. It is interesting that you not only pose a question
>> you attempt a sage answer under another name. Sad, it is.

> It's even sadder what you're doing to AFMC. You see that nothing is
> going on, you feel no desire to post anything, then the threads start
> up again and you do a seagull number on the group, shitting on all the
> threads, make a big threatening scene when somebody disagrees with
> your radical liberal politics and then you go back to lurking.
>
> How about if you get lost and stay lost, and maybe some of the bottled
> taco sauce guzzlers and connoisseurs who can tell warm beer from
> ****water the morning after a party will leave too, and AFMC can get
> back to exchanging recipes and cooking tips.
>
> There will always be the newcomer who doesn't know that there are 50
> slightly different versions of antojitos, so they will always have to
> be pointed in the right direction.

Excuse me but Gunner does contribute quite nicely to people that are
asking nicely about food. You are the only seagull that I know that
jumps all over troll bait to start a fight. You yank our chain we will
yank back.

Go Gunner go
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
>> On Aug 2, 2:11?pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
>>
>>> Nope, guess again, yet once again a pathetic and amatuer attempt to
>>> deflect
>>> focus and avoid the question. Just for your info I only review RFC and
>>> AFMC, but I do google. It is interesting that you not only pose a
>>> question
>>> you attempt a sage answer under another name. Sad, it is.

>> It's even sadder what you're doing to AFMC. You see that nothing is
>> going on, you feel no desire to post anything, then the threads start
>> up again and you do a seagull number on the group, shitting on all the
>> threads, make a big threatening scene when somebody disagrees with
>> your radical liberal politics and then you go back to lurking.
>>
>> How about if you get lost and stay lost, and maybe some of the bottled
>> taco sauce guzzlers and connoisseurs who can tell warm beer from
>> ****water the morning after a party will leave too, and AFMC can get
>> back to exchanging recipes and cooking tips.
>>
>> There will always be the newcomer who doesn't know that there are 50
>> slightly different versions of antojitos, so they will always have to
>> be pointed in the right direction.
>>

> Excuse me but Gunner does contribute quite nicely to people that are
> asking nicely about food. You are the only seagull that I know that jumps
> all over troll bait to start a fight. You yank our chain we will yank
> back.
>
> Go Gunner go

Thank you Dude, I much admire your comments previous to this, I just got
caught up with Booger's continious diatribe to say as much.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rechazador de Disparates" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Aug 2, 2:11?pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
>
>> Nope, guess again, yet once again a pathetic and amatuer attempt to
>> deflect
>> focus and avoid the question. Just for your info I only review RFC and
>> AFMC, but I do google. It is interesting that you not only pose a
>> question
>> you attempt a sage answer under another name. Sad, it is.

> It's even sadder what you're doing to AFMC. You see that nothing is
> going on, you feel no desire to post anything, then the threads start
> up again and you do a seagull number on the group, shitting on all the
> threads, make a big threatening scene when somebody disagrees with
> your radical liberal politics and then you go back to lurking.
>
> How about if you get lost and stay lost, and maybe some of the bottled
> taco sauce guzzlers and connoisseurs who can tell warm beer from
> ****water the morning after a party will leave too, and AFMC can get
> back to exchanging recipes and cooking tips.
>
> There will always be the newcomer who doesn't know that there are 50
> slightly different versions of antojitos, so they will always have to
> be pointed in the right direction.

Radical Liberal Politics????

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. You are so.... so? how would you define clueless and
stupid in a nice way? Sorry, Booger, but I'm a Mod. Rep but old enough to
know they will lie as well as you do also. I just believe a man should be
judged a man regardless of where he was born unless proven otherwise, such
as you continiously do. Yet, ya still cannot answer the question, can ya?
Why do you come here? You answer that here in an minute, don't ya, Queenie?

"AFMC can get back to exchanging recipes and cooking tips."

You mean the Spanish language ones you take off the Internet and cannot
translate correctly, nor know what the techniques/ingredients discussed
involve? Yea, that is a good issue for you to continue to broach. One of
these days you might get one accidentaly right. Hell, even a blind pig will
gets an occasional acorn, so your turn should be next.

Absolutely love this line you pose:
"There will always be the newcomer who doesn't know that there are 50
slightly different versions of antojitos, so they will always have to be
pointed in the right direction."

Wait a minute Professor, are those Tacos and Tamales of which you speak? Say
it is not so Booger, for you to discuss tacos, tamales, salsas, and
tortillas is....is well, .....it is down right UnNorteno and most certainly
UnAmerican! Why You ole Taco Queen you!! A little SoCal Mexican Hostest
with the Mostest, You go girl! show us the light as you know it. Show us the
slightly different versions of antojitos we don't seem to understand. But,
please don't apply for a copyright with that BS statement!

BTW, you are again incorrect, the Adobo being Annetto? no, no, no. And
your ref to pure capsaicin at 1Mill SV, ahh, no, sorry?

You need some new Bona Fides Booger, your old ones never did workvery
well. Perhaps Don Quijote de la Mancha or some variation may be better
suited to you. You both run along the same theme.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 2, 2:58?pm, Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> Excuse me but Gunner does contribute quite nicely to people that are
> asking nicely about food. You are the only seagull that I know that
> jumps all over troll bait to start a fight. You yank our chain we will
> yank back.

You've been obstructively floating in here like a turd in a punch bowl
for a year and a half now. Gunner followed me in here because he hates
my politics.

Don't you think it's about time to get off the "I love border food,
bottled salsa, canned chiles and beer" bullshit?

Newsgroups: alt.food.mexican-cooking
From: Sonoran Dude >
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:16:41 -0700
Subject: Put a fork in us

This group really is dead. Now people are replying to garbage posts
that
are nearly a year old. Please don't bring back my memory of the old
magic one... I can copy and paste recipes just fine by myself.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:

> You've been obstructively floating in here like a turd in a punch bowl
> for a year and a half now. Gunner followed me in here because he hates
> my politics.

You are mistaken on this one Booger, I have been in and out of AFMC for
at least 10 years. Go search for some early Fish Taco recipes and you
should figure out my old handle. Can't we all just get along? My main
gripe with you is the over-use of cut and paste for any given whim. Your
postings a while back of the different States of Mexico was pretty
decent because it was a theme that you had thought out and felt you
wanted to share. I don't think I slammed you for any of those.

I cook with ingredients that appeal to me. I spent most of my adult life
in the Produce and Seafood business. I like to fry, barbecue, bake and
broil never making the same dish twice because I always use a little of
this and a little of that. I've made cranberries the last few year for
thanksgiving with fruit from the chiltepin plant I rescued from an old
girlfriend's house and the hot and spicy sauce is destined to be a
family tradition. It may not be authentic Mexican but it's good to me
and my daughter. I read this group for inspiration, I don't take notes
but I do take ideas and run with them.

When I have addressed you directly in this group it is usually because
you are lashing out at me or someone else for liking tacos and beans the
gateway drug.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

shawn wrote:

> Here's a more thorough discussion of the bhut jolokia.
> http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/sagajolokia.asp

That is a long article. Did he mention anything about the flavor?
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

>>Salsa Verde M5
>>

>>6-10 tomatillos (depending on size); about 12 oz worth
>>2-4 serranos & 1-2 jalapenos, or all serranos (to taste)
>>1/3 cup finely chopped onion
>>1 clove garlic, finely chopped
>>1/4 tsp ground cumin
>>1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (cut up or not)
>>1 tbsp vinegar (optional)
>>1 tbsp peanut oil
>>pinch salt

> Great recipe! The only difference between yours and my version is the cumin.
> I'm guessing that the cumin is something appealing to north of the border
> taste buds. Even to this day, cumin is slow to catch on in south of the
> border Mexican cooking.

As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.
Paul

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 9, 12:48 pm, Paul Covey > wrote:
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>
> >>Salsa Verde M5

> >>6-10 tomatillos (depending on size); about 12 oz worth
> >>2-4 serranos & 1-2 jalapenos, or all serranos (to taste)
> >>1/3 cup finely chopped onion
> >>1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> >>1/4 tsp ground cumin
> >>1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (cut up or not)
> >>1 tbsp vinegar (optional)
> >>1 tbsp peanut oil
> >>pinch salt

> > Great recipe! The only difference between yours and my version is the cumin.
> > I'm guessing that the cumin is something appealing to north of the border
> > taste buds. Even to this day, cumin is slow to catch on in south of the
> > border Mexican cooking.

> As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
> a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.

Well then, why have I often seen comino for sale in Mexican markets &
tiendas? This has primarily been in the northern states..
Maybe for chilangos, it's verboten.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"tbs48" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> > Great recipe! The only difference between yours and my version is the
>> > cumin.
>> > I'm guessing that the cumin is something appealing to north of the
>> > border
>> > taste buds. Even to this day, cumin is slow to catch on in south of the
>> > border Mexican cooking.

>> As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
>> a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.

> Well then, why have I often seen comino for sale in Mexican markets &
> tiendas? This has primarily been in the northern states..
> Maybe for chilangos, it's verboten.

Ever looked at D. Kennedy's and R. Bayless' books? lots of Cumin used for
"traditional" Mexican recipes. Lots of Cumin in these traditional Mole
recipes also.

The Jamison's " The Border Cookbook" has much less cumin recipes than one
would expect if the Norteno cumin myth held true.

I do note cumin is a Mediterranean plant than a tropical so maybe as Mexico
gets more Wal-marts and Costcos they will use more or perhaps just buy more
Mc Donalds and KFC.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

tbs48 wrote:

>>>Great recipe! The only difference between yours and my version is the cumin.
>>>I'm guessing that the cumin is something appealing to north of the border
>>>taste buds. Even to this day, cumin is slow to catch on in south of the
>>>border Mexican cooking.

>>As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
>>a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.

> Well then, why have I often seen comino for sale in Mexican markets &
> tiendas? This has primarily been in the northern states..
> Maybe for chilangos, it's verboten.

I like it and use it all the time, but, as Wayne says, that's just my
taste, and that's what I've always thought was most important about
cooking anyway - learning and adapting. Even Linda Gonzalez used a bit
of it in her excellent red rice recipe, but as I remember, she lived in
California, and I have no idea what her heritage was as far as Mexico.
Also used of course big time in Indian and other asian cooking (for
instance, I have a wonderful Vindaloo recipe that uses 2 tablespoons),
but this last is OT, sorry.
Paul
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Paul Covey > wrote in message
==> Cumin in Mexican Recipes?! <==
> I like it and use it all the time, but, as Wayne says, that's
> just my taste, and that's what I've always
> thought was most important about cooking anyway
> - learning and adapting.

Exactly! Recipes that are "handed down" are always adapted to the
cook's tastes and ingredients available. Sometimes, substitutions
are made for the better.

> Even Linda Gonzalez used a bit of it in her
> excellent red rice recipe, but as I remember,
> she lived in California, and I have no idea
> what her heritage was as far as Mexico.

Linda G. lived in CA (LA, specifically) but, I believe, was also
of Hispanic decent. She ran a very successful restaurant. The One
That We Do No Name was always going off about his limited
experiences and how anyone of non-Mexican decent couldn't possibly
know anything about Mexican foods and history.

Personally, I use simple amounts of cumin in lots of dishes. I've
learned to like it a lot more since the first few times I used
it... It's like coffee; an acquired taste.

From Linda Gonzalez' June 8, 1998 post to afmc:
This is my recipe for Mexican rice, Victor will probably say it's
wrong, but what the hey, here goes

Red Rice

1 tablespoon cooking oil, crisco or lard
1 cup long grain white rice
1 good size clove garlic,diced approx 1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
pinch of ground comino
2 cups water
4 tsps. Knorr chicken bouillon granules ( or as sold in Mexican
markets, Knorr caldo de pollo)

Brown the rice in the oil,crisco or lard, over medium heat,
stirring constantly so rice doesn't burn. Add the garlic,onion,
black pepper,dash of comino and stir for a minute. Add the diced
tomato and tomato sauce, stir until blended. Add the water and
chicken granules and stir until thoroughly mixed. Bring to a boil,
cover and lower heat and cook for 15-18 minutes, being careful to
never lift the cover off the pan while the rice is cooking.Turn
off the heat at the end of cooking time, let sit for 5 minutes,
remove cover, fluff with a fork to blend seasonings and serve.

Makes 3 cups cooked rice.

(Note: salt is omitted because the chicken bouillon is salty
enough)

Linda

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Aug 9, 4:22 pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
> "tbs48" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
> >> a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.

> > Well then, why have I often seen comino for sale in Mexican markets &
> > tiendas? This has primarily been in the northern states..
> > Maybe for chilangos, it's verboten.

> Ever looked at D. Kennedy's and R. Bayless' books? lots of Cumin used for
> "traditional" Mexican recipes. Lots of Cumin in these traditional Mole
> recipes also.

Yup. I've got all the Diana K. books (I think). I don't think I need
Bayless's. (I've found his TV presence to be somewhat irksome; a bit
on the chirpy side. Good information, though.) Since I grew up near
Eagle Pass, TX, comino was always in the rice and in the frijoles
refritos.

> The Jamison's " The Border Cookbook" has much less cumin recipes than one
> would expect if the Norteno cumin myth held true.

I haven't checked.. probably need to check the Patricia Quintana
books, too.

T.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> Paul Covey > wrote in message
> ==> Cumin in Mexican Recipes?! <==
>
>>I like it and use it all the time, but, as Wayne says, that's
>>just my taste, and that's what I've always
>>thought was most important about cooking anyway
>>- learning and adapting.

> Exactly! Recipes that are "handed down" are always adapted to the
> cook's tastes and ingredients available. Sometimes, substitutions
> are made for the better.
>

>>Even Linda Gonzalez used a bit of it in her
>>excellent red rice recipe, but as I remember,
>>she lived in California, and I have no idea
>>what her heritage was as far as Mexico.

> Linda G. lived in CA (LA, specifically) but, I believe, was also
> of Hispanic decent. She ran a very successful restaurant. The One
> That We Do No Name was always going off about his limited
> experiences and how anyone of non-Mexican decent couldn't possibly
> know anything about Mexican foods and history.
>
> Personally, I use simple amounts of cumin in lots of dishes. I've
> learned to like it a lot more since the first few times I used
> it... It's like coffee; an acquired taste.
>
> From Linda Gonzalez' June 8, 1998 post to afmc:
> This is my recipe for Mexican rice, Victor will probably say it's
> wrong, but what the hey, here goes
>
> Red Rice
>
> 1 tablespoon cooking oil, crisco or lard
> 1 cup long grain white rice
> 1 good size clove garlic,diced approx 1/8 tsp. black pepper
> 1/2 onion, diced
> 1 tomato, diced
> 1/4 cup tomato sauce
> pinch of ground comino
> 2 cups water
> 4 tsps. Knorr chicken bouillon granules ( or as sold in Mexican
> markets, Knorr caldo de pollo)
>

> Brown the rice in the oil,crisco or lard, over medium heat,
> stirring constantly so rice doesn't burn. Add the garlic,onion,
> black pepper,dash of comino and stir for a minute. Add the diced
> tomato and tomato sauce, stir until blended. Add the water and
> chicken granules and stir until thoroughly mixed. Bring to a boil,
> cover and lower heat and cook for 15-18 minutes, being careful to
> never lift the cover off the pan while the rice is cooking.Turn
> off the heat at the end of cooking time, let sit for 5 minutes,
> remove cover, fluff with a fork to blend seasonings and serve.
>
> Makes 3 cups cooked rice.
>
> (Note: salt is omitted because the chicken bouillon is salty
> enough)
>
> Linda

The only thing I do differently on the red rice recipe (which I cook all
the time) is to start by frying the onions first before browning the
rice as I found the rice was a bit harsh with the onion taste if not.

Thanks for the Linda info. It's a shame she's not around here these days.
Paul
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Paul Covey > wrote in message
[snip]
> Thanks for the Linda info. It's a shame she's not
> around here these days.

Agreed. I seem to remember that there were health-related issues
after she sold her restaurant that took away from her posting to
Usenet. She was a solid participant and a great source of
information. Maybe Senor Knothead can google her (since that's all
he's capable of) and learn a little from her posts.

Linda Magee was another fun poster from the past.

ObFood: Al pastor and chile colorado are two different items but a
local place I hit the other day didn't think I'd "notice." I was
annoyed enough to get my money back and will not ever go back
again.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> tbs48 wrote:

>>>As I remember, he who should not be named used to say it wasn't an
>>>a***** mexican recipe if it had cumin in it.

>> Well then, why have I often seen comino for sale in Mexican markets &
>> tiendas? This has primarily been in the northern states..
>> Maybe for chilangos, it's verboten.

> I like it and use it all the time, but, as Wayne says, that's just my
> taste, and that's what I've always thought was most important about
> cooking anyway - learning and adapting. Even Linda Gonzalez used a bit of
> it in her excellent red rice recipe, but as I remember, she lived in
> California, and I have no idea what her heritage was as far as Mexico.
> Also used of course big time in Indian and other asian cooking (for
> instance, I have a wonderful Vindaloo recipe that uses 2 tablespoons), but
> this last is OT, sorry.
> Paul

Sorry? I think your post all ties together, but yes I believe all cooking
has best been described as adapting and then adopting.

As to the cumin, I think it is mandatory in various Chili as well as used
quite a bit in Norteno Beans cooking but I looked at several cook books from
NM and as I mentioned the Jamisones' Border book. No Cumin in their Salsa
del Norte, Guajillo Mild sauce, Pico de Gallo, NM Salsa Picante, Chimayo Red
Chile sauce, Arizona Chile Colorado, Californio Colorado, Hatch Green Chile
sauce, Tubac Chile Verde, nope no cumin, now the Tex-Mex Chili Gravy and the
Ranchero Sauce in their book does have cumin. So it is just not as
prevelent as some may think it to be. Yet, I do use it quite a bit in all
my cooking to enhance and/or compliment flavor, both the seeds and powder.
Cumin, OJ and chile is my favorite combo.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Paul Covey > wrote in message
> ==> Cumin in Mexican Recipes?! <==
> > I like it and use it all the time, but, as Wayne says, that's
> > just my taste, and that's what I've always
> > thought was most important about cooking anyway
> > - learning and adapting.

> Exactly! Recipes that are "handed down" are always adapted to the
> cook's tastes and ingredients available. Sometimes, substitutions
> are made for the better.
>
> > Even Linda Gonzalez used a bit of it in her
> > excellent red rice recipe, but as I remember,
> > she lived in California, and I have no idea
> > what her heritage was as far as Mexico.

> Linda G. lived in CA (LA, specifically) but, I believe, was also
> of Hispanic decent. She ran a very successful restaurant. The One
> That We Do No Name was always going off about his limited
> experiences and how anyone of non-Mexican decent couldn't possibly
> know anything about Mexican foods and history.
>
> Personally, I use simple amounts of cumin in lots of dishes. I've
> learned to like it a lot more since the first few times I used
> it... It's like coffee; an acquired taste.
>
> From Linda Gonzalez' June 8, 1998 post to afmc:
> This is my recipe for Mexican rice, Victor will probably say it's
> wrong, but what the hey, here goes
>
> Red Rice
>
> 1 tablespoon cooking oil, crisco or lard
> 1 cup long grain white rice
> 1 good size clove garlic,diced approx 1/8 tsp. black pepper
> 1/2 onion, diced
> 1 tomato, diced
> 1/4 cup tomato sauce
> pinch of ground comino
> 2 cups water
> 4 tsps. Knorr chicken bouillon granules ( or as sold in Mexican
> markets, Knorr caldo de pollo)
>

> Brown the rice in the oil,crisco or lard, over medium heat,
> stirring constantly so rice doesn't burn. Add the garlic,onion,
> black pepper,dash of comino and stir for a minute. Add the diced
> tomato and tomato sauce, stir until blended. Add the water and
> chicken granules and stir until thoroughly mixed. Bring to a boil,
> cover and lower heat and cook for 15-18 minutes, being careful to
> never lift the cover off the pan while the rice is cooking.Turn
> off the heat at the end of cooking time, let sit for 5 minutes,
> remove cover, fluff with a fork to blend seasonings and serve.
>
> Makes 3 cups cooked rice.
>
> (Note: salt is omitted because the chicken bouillon is salty
> enough)
>
> Linda

Wayne he

That's the way I make my rice also, but no cumin. Since this topic started
some years ago I have discovered that the main difference between a typical
Texas chili and say a Guadalajara birria, is the cumin. I love my Texas
chili with lots of cumin. Hate cumin in my birria. Interesting. Live and
learn.