Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Chili dog buritto

Does anyone have a recipe for a chili dog burito? It would be a hot dog and
chili wrapped in a tortilla shell.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 21, 5:43?pm, "Sjoroos" > wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for a chili dog burito? It would be a hot dog and
> chili wrapped in a tortilla shell.

That *is* a recipe for a chili dog burrito, except you wouldn't *wrap*
a hot dog in a crispy shell, it would break.

You would want a large flour tortilla to wrap everything in and hold
the chili sauce while you eat it from the top down.

If you want ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, guacamole, onions, bean
sprouts, alfalfa, seaweed, jalapenos, or whatever, on it, go for it.

Just don't claim it's "Mexican" unless you're a Mexican and you make
it in Mexico and everybody likes it so much they start making them
too.

Then chili dog burritos will become "traditional Mexican fare".

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sjoroos" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for a chili dog burito? It would be a hot dog

and
> chili wrapped in a tortilla shell.

My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really good: Hot dog bun
slightly warmed in oven, simmering hot dog in the middle of the open bun on
a plate, smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely diced onions
and grated cheese.

To die for!

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
[snip]
> My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really
> good: Hot dog bun slightly warmed in oven, simmering
> hot dog in the middle of the open bun on a plate,
> smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely
> diced onions and grated cheese.
>
> To die for!

Add in some fresh -- diced -- jalapenos and it'll resurrect you.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
> [snip]
> > My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really
> > good: Hot dog bun slightly warmed in oven, simmering
> > hot dog in the middle of the open bun on a plate,
> > smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely
> > diced onions and grated cheese.
> >
> > To die for!

> Add in some fresh -- diced -- jalapenos and it'll resurrect you.
>
> The Ranger

Yes, but if the Texas chili is to my temperature, no added chile is needed!

But you are right... jalapenos are great!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
> "The Ranger" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
>> [snip]
>> > My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really
>> > good: Hot dog bun slightly warmed in oven, simmering
>> > hot dog in the middle of the open bun on a plate,
>> > smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely
>> > diced onions and grated cheese.
>> >
>> > To die for!

>> Add in some fresh -- diced -- jalapenos and it'll resurrect
>> you.
>>

> Yes, but if the Texas chili is to my temperature, no added
> chile is needed!

'T'ain't fer the heat, really, but the added texture and taste. I
like the mix of fresh diced white onion and crisp chopped
jalapeno.

I've also been trying different brands of Monterey Jack and queso
fresco.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 23, 9:01?am, "Wayne Lundberg"
> My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really good: Hot dog bun
> slightly warmed in oven, simmering hot dog in the middle of the open bun on
> a plate, smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely diced onions
> and grated cheese.

Problem with hot dogs and hot dog buns is they have so little texture
that it takes at least three chili dogs to satisfy me.

But one Subway meatball submarine has texture and fills me up.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Rechazador de Disparates" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 23, 9:01?am, "Wayne Lundberg"
> > My very favorite, although not quite a burrito, but really good: Hot dog

bun
> > slightly warmed in oven, simmering hot dog in the middle of the open bun

on
> > a plate, smothered with great Texas chili topped with finely diced

onions
> > and grated cheese.

> Problem with hot dogs and hot dog buns is they have so little texture
> that it takes at least three chili dogs to satisfy me.
>
> But one Subway meatball submarine has texture and fills me up.

Yes, at times there is not enough filling to satisfy the tummy. My solution
has been to add some refried beans on the side along with some tortilla
chips and additional salsas.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 21, 11:07 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:43:36 -0700, Sjoroos wrote:
> > Does anyone have a recipe for a chili dog burito? It would be a hot dog and
> > chili wrapped in a tortilla shell.

> First you take a peach pit and soak it in peanut butter mixed
> with grape Koolaid...

In San Antonio, a link of grilled sausage (lots of Germans in Texas,
BTW as well as Czechs & Poles) wrapped in a flour tortilla is called a
"polaco".

T.

Anyone remember Hippo Size soda?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 26, 6:03?am, tbs48 > wrote:

>(lots of Germans in Texas,
> BTW as well as Czechs & Poles)

http://www.lib.utexas.edu:8080/tsha/...ueryText=czech

Several countries in Europe had revolutions in 1848, and the losers
emigrated.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 26, 3:25 pm, Rechazador de Disparates >
wrote:
> On Jul 26, 6:03?am, tbs48 > wrote:
>
> >(lots of Germans in Texas,
> > BTW as well as Czechs & Poles)

> http://www.lib.utexas.edu:8080/tsha/...lections=tsha-...
>
> Several countries in Europe had revolutions in 1848, and the losers
> emigrated.

And the French brought quality white bread & mariachi ("marriage")
music to Mexico. The German railroaders brought the button accordion
to Mexico to sell at the company stores as well.

Didn't Marshal Ney become a general under Iturbide?

Is there a problem?

T.

"Corte la mecha! Por favor, gringo!"
Alfonso Arau in THE WILD BUNCH

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 27, 5:50?am, tbs48 > wrote:

> Is there a problem?

Of course there was a "problem" with the socio-political structure
in Europe from the death of Charlemagne until the Russian revolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_of_1848

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forty-Eighters

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Jul 26, 9:03 am, tbs48 > wrote:
> On Jul 21, 11:07 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:43:36 -0700, Sjoroos wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a recipe for a chili dog burito? It would be a hot dog and
> > > chili wrapped in a tortilla shell.

> > First you take a peach pit and soak it in peanut butter mixed
> > with grape Koolaid...

> In San Antonio, a link of grilled sausage (lots of Germans in Texas,
> BTW as well as Czechs & Poles) wrapped in a flour tortilla is called a
> "polaco".
>
> T.
>
> Anyone remember Hippo Size soda?

Go to Wurstfest in New Baunfels,TX this fall and one of the food
booths sells a "Wurst Taco." (At least I hope they still do) It's a
flour torilla, spread with refried beans, a good German-style sausage
link and toped w/ melted cheese. Yum!