Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Tamal 101

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/tamales.htm
a nice Tamal overview and a variety of recipes

http://www.fronterakitchens.com/tele...s/tamales.html
this link appears to be an early show of Rick's (Season 2). His latest
should be season 5 but our local does mix his 4/5 seasons up. His book
lists the Tamalon de Acelgas which he makes by mixing the chard into the
dough itself he also give his restruant's version of a Guerrero style "
exactly what Sahagun ( http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13325a.htm )described
in the early 1500s as being sold in the Tenochtitlan Market."

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/tamales/
The index links are on the left of this one and the last link connects to
other Mexican dishes.
enjoy

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On May 25, 12:18 pm, "Gunner" > wrote:
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/tamales.htm
> a nice Tamal overview and a variety of recipes

Thanks, Gunner. I've bookmarked your sites, and here's another one for
tamales the way I've known them from childhood: http://tinyurl.com/ysmsvk

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

For a picture story on making tamales in Northern Mexico, look he
http://rollybrook.com/tamales.htm

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Undoubtedly yours is the quintessential on-line pictorial for tamales.
Rolly I give your website link to many neophytes wanting to learn Mexican
dishes.

How is your and Sra. Martha Valdepeñas' Health? Last word was here and you
both were under the weather. Hope everything is better and look forward to
more pictorials.

as always my best to you and yours

"G"

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

> How is your and Sra. Martha Valdepeñas' Health? Last word was here and you
> both were under the weather. Hope everything is better and look forward to
> more pictorials.

Martha bounced back quickly. Mine has been a lot slower. It's now 3
months since my heart attack. I feel fine and the doctor says all is
well, but I have trouble walking, so I am still pretty much stuck at
home.

I have ideas for several more picture stories as soon as I can get
around.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rolly > wrote in news:1180121929.178341.193740
@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> http://rollybrook.c

Yes, you have a great site Rolly. and I much prefer salsa de chile
colorado over Gebhardts(sp?) Well I guess anything goes in Texas

Here is another limk to another tamale site, I have myself made these and
they are indeed delicious!
http://mexicancooking.netrelief.com/...tamales_recipe.
shtml
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rolly > wrote in
oups.com:

>> How is your and Sra. Martha Valdepeñas' Health? Last word was here
>> and

> you
>> both were under the weather. Hope everything is better and look
>> forward

>> more pictorials.

> Martha bounced back quickly. Mine has been a lot slower. It's now 3
> months since my heart attack. I feel fine and the doctor says all is
> well, but I have trouble walking, so I am still pretty much stuck at
> home.
>
> I have ideas for several more picture stories as soon as I can get
> around.

I hope you are taking care of yourself and hopefully you will be walking
better soon.