Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Taco truck is back in WI

The taco truck is back in Wisconsin as of March 1st. We have almost
24" of snow on the ground and I was suprised to drive by and see the
truck back in the parking lot.
Had a wonderful burrito from the truck for supper tonight.
Same very nice family cooking in the truck. Man it must get chilly in
there especially after the sun goes down.
I noticed they now have Lengua, Tripa, and Cabeza as fillings for
their tortas and burritos. I will have to give them a try. Think
Spring!!!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 4, 3:37�pm, "pamjd" > wrote:
> The taco truck is back in Wisconsin as of March 1st. *

If that is the only way you can get Mexican food, I feel sorry for you.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 4, 5:37 pm, "pamjd" > wrote:
> The taco truck is back in Wisconsin as of March 1st. We have almost
> 24" of snow on the ground and I was suprised to drive by and see the
> truck back in the parking lot.
> Had a wonderful burrito from the truck for supper tonight.
> Same very nice family cooking in the truck. Man it must get chilly in
> there especially after the sun goes down.
> I noticed they now have Lengua, Tripa, and Cabeza as fillings for
> their tortas and burritos. I will have to give them a try. Think
> Spring!!!

I remember such signs of spring when I lived in Illinois, so thank you
for that! Almost as good as the crocus pushing up through the snow.
The taco truck owner must be optimistic to come out this early. Might
this be in Madison?

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 4, 5:03�pm, "dtwright37" > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 5:37 pm, "pamjd" > wrote:
>
> > The taco truck is back in Wisconsin as of March 1st. *We have almost
> > 24" of snow on the ground and I was suprised to drive by and see the
> > truck back in the parking lot.
> > Had a wonderful burrito from the truck for supper tonight.
> > Same very nice family cooking in the truck. *Man it must get chilly in
> > there especially after the sun goes down.
> > I noticed they now have Lengua, Tripa, and Cabeza as fillings for
> > their tortas and burritos. *I will have to give them a try. *Think
> > Spring!!!

> I remember such signs of spring when I lived in Illinois, so thank you
> for that! Almost as good as the crocus pushing up through the snow.
> The taco truck owner must be optimistic to come out this early. Might
> this be in Madison?
>
> David

Sparta WI about 18 miles East of LaCrosse

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 4, 7:57 pm, "pamjd" > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 5:03?pm, "dtwright37" > wrote:
>
> Sparta WI about 18 miles East of LaCrosse-

The only reason I guessed Madison is that it seemed like something I'd
expect to be happening in a big university town. Good for them to be
making it the way they are! And good for you for telling us about
them.

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 4, 7:31?pm, "dtwright37" > wrote:
> The only reason I guessed Madison is that it seemed like something I'd
> expect to be happening in a big university town. Good for them to be
> making it the way they are! And good for you for telling us about
> them.

I don't believe what I'm reading! Are you going to call
in a special order and make a pilgimage to a roach wagon for tacos, or
what?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

> I don't believe what I'm reading! Are you going to call
> in a special order and make a pilgimage to a roach wagon for tacos, or
> what?

No calling in an order. No phone is involved. You walk up to the
window and put in your order. Once the snow is gone they wills et out
some picnic tables. Last night they had run out of sausage so I got
steak. I enjoy like the idea of getting to know a hard working family
and supporting their endevor. If I want to pilgrimage I go to
Postville Iowa for excellent food.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 5, 4:14�am, "pamjd" > wrote:

> No calling in an order. *No phone is involved. *You walk up to the
> window and put in your order. *

I knew that. I was just jerking David's chain.

> Once the snow is gone they wills et out
> some picnic tables. *Last night they had run out of sausage so I got
> steak. *

So. Does this gitano caminoneta de cucharachas have a license from the
board of health? Is there an "A" sign in the window?

I prefer the idea of eating Mexican food prepared to a consistent and
expected quality in a brick and mortar building. I don't like little
"surprises" in my food, like habaneros or jalapenos concealed unside a
tamale or a cheeseburger.I don't buy food from los paleteros.

> I enjoy like the idea of getting to know a hard working family
> and supporting their endevor.

Wow! You've swallowed the globalist bait, hook, line, and sinker.

When you buy a pair of sneakers at Wal*Mart, do you think you're
helping an Indonesian child in a sweat shop save money for his college
fund?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

pamjd > wrote in message
oups.com after
Trotting Gourmand brayed:

> > I don't believe what I'm reading!

> No calling in an order. No phone is involved [..]

Pam,

Please don't feed that troll. I know you only wanted to enlighten
the ****wit but he's not only thick as a brick but truly proud of
it. Please just filter him. He wouldn't know good eats if it came
right up and slapped him across the face.

ObTacoTruckInMoutonVieux: Rengsdorf and Central Expressway.
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On 4 Mar 2007 16:43:29 -0800, "The Galloping Gourmand"
> wrote:

>If that is the only way you can get Mexican food, I feel sorry for you.

I'm a long time lurker here, and a ex-californian who loves Mexican
food of all types.

The OP didn't say that was the ONLY way to get Mexican food. I have no
idea what it's like there in WI where he/she lives - do you?

When I lived in the San Francisco east bay, some of the best tacos,
burritos, and simple plates came from trucks along E. 14th St. (now
called International Blvd.) Some of them became famous because of the
quality of their food, and got great write-ups in the local papers.

Yes we all knew it was "street food" - there were no steamed quails
or brandy and cigars at the picnic tables. It was decent, tasty food,
provided mostly for lunchtime for the workers in the area. When the
other options are taco bell or mcdonald's, what's wrong with enjoying
something better?

jim

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default The great taco hunt blog

See you got to meet the Group's class warrior. Take his comments with a
grain of salt.

http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/ the link has some interesting blogs about
other foods also

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 5, 8:26�am, chiaroscuro > wrote:

> I'm a long time lurker here, and a ex-californian who loves Mexican
> food of all types.

And here I thought that *I* was the clear light, emanating from
darkness around here.

I'm a native Californian, descendant of Spaniards and Portuguese and
Turks and Jews and Germans and Danes and English and Scots and Irish
and French and Native American people.

I have cousins who married Mexicans, I have cousins who are Mexicans.

I have cousins who are black, cousins who are brown, cousins who are
red, and cousins who are white.

I grew up with Mexican friends and went to school with Mexicans and
there was no animosity between us, only mutual respect, because the
Mexicans knew that they were illegal aliens and could be deported if
the immigration authorities decided it was time to send them back
home.

The Mexicans hated to be called "Mexicans", they were ashamed of their
country and their mestizo ancestry. They insisted that they were
"Spanish", and we always accepted their assertions without argument.

I ate Mexican food every chance I got, but it was *always* the same
thing, tortillas and rice and beans and tacos and burritos and tamales
and there was *never* anything different, just varying quality.

If I want shit like that, all I have to do is run down to the
convenience store at the corner, or go to the roach coach across the
street from the redneck beer bar.

All of that stuff is poverty food, brought over here by dead broke
illegal immigrants fleeing from the Mexican revolution around 1911.

One of my close friends is an old Mexican whose parents walked all the
way from Chihuahua to get to California so they could pick fruit in
the orchards of the central valley.

He went into the army and got his leg blown off in Normandy. He shows
me his latest artificial leg every time I see him.

He is over 80 years old and he's knows he's going to die someday. He
invited me to his funeral already.

I told him to tell his wife to cook *pork* tamales for the fiesta, and
that we were going to have a fiesta, and then I was going to ride home
on his Harley.

He got all mad and said he was going to give his Harley
to his son, so I said, "OK, but I'm going to get your German army
helmet."

I want different, well-prepared Mexican-style dishes. So I started
researching Mexican cooking and trying to share my research with
enlightened people.

But I got stuck in this Great Taco Swamp, along with a bunch of people
that think the arrival of a migrating roach coach is exciting and that
recipes are *boring*...

> The OP didn't say that was the ONLY way to get Mexican food. I have no
> idea what it's like there in WI where he/she lives - do you?

Sure. She looks forward to the return of Mexicans as the harbinger of
spring, the same way I watch for the return of neotropical migrant
songbirds.

Birds, bats, and butterflies migrate, Mexicans immigrate illegally.
But the invasion of the roach coaches is still a novelty to
inhabitants of Wisconsin, yannow?

> When I lived in the San Francisco east bay, some of the best tacos,
> burritos, and simple plates came from trucks along E. 14th St. (now
> called International Blvd.)

I doubt that information will be useful to anybody who doesn't live in
the area. I certainly won't be looking for street food next time I
visit the Bay Area.

> *Yes we all knew it was "street food" - there were no steamed quails
> or brandy and cigars at the picnic tables. It was decent, tasty food,
> provided mostly for lunchtime for the workers in the area.

When did I ever demand "steamed quails"? �

> When the
> other options are taco bell or mcdonald's, what's wrong with enjoying
> something better?

Well, you could get hepatitis because the taco bender associate didn't
wash his hands after he took a crap. Or you could get food poisoning
off a roach wagon.

At least you can sue Taco Bell or McDonald's if you contract the HIV
virus from them.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> On Mar 4, 3:37�pm, "pamjd" > wrote:
>> The taco truck is back in Wisconsin as of March 1st. �

> If that is the only way you can get Mexican food, I feel sorry for you.

If you have never eaten from a truck or a cart I feel sorry for you.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> pamjd > wrote in message
> oups.com after
> Trotting Gourmand brayed:
>
>>> I don't believe what I'm reading!

>> No calling in an order. No phone is involved [..]

> Pam,
>
> Please don't feed that troll. I know you only wanted to enlighten
> the ****wit but he's not only thick as a brick but truly proud of
> it. Please just filter him. He wouldn't know good eats if it came
> right up and slapped him across the face.
>
> ObTacoTruckInMoutonVieux: Rengsdorf and Central Expressway.
> Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
>
> The Ranger

Agreed the Galloping Gonad has lost all credibility in this group and
has achieved troll status, congratulations GG. I find him amusing
because he is such an ass.

The full service roach coach started replacing the traditional iced
display lunch wagons back in the early 80s. I remember seeing my first
one during a zero dark hundred hour breakfast break working in the fresh
produce markets of Phoenix. For the first time we were able to get a hot
piping meal straight from the grill! These state of the art kitchens can
produce some of the best tasting Mexican food around.
It is all about the cook. If you like the food you get from these folks
spread the word. Someday he may have his brick and mortar place and will
give you the extra service or best table for being there during his
start up.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> See you got to meet the Group's class warrior. Take his comments with a
> grain of salt.
>
> http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/ the link has some interesting blogs about
> other foods also

Dude! This site rocks! I new I had a reason to go visit LA soon...
Thanks for the link

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 5, 10:59?am, "The Galloping Gourmand" >
wrote:

> Well, you could get hepatitis because the taco bender associate didn't
> wash his hands after he took a crap. Or you could get food poisoning
> off a roach wagon.

If I want to dine on Hepatitis I would need to go to Wolfgang's
restaraunt wouldn't I ? Given the latest news?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

> The Mexicans hated to be called "Mexicans", they were ashamed of their
> country and their mestizo ancestry. They insisted that they were
> "Spanish", and we always accepted their assertions without argument.

I would like to take a poll on this one... The Mexican's I know would
never refer to themselves as Spanish! Ashamed? You need to be run out on
a rail, your hatred and intolerance is really starting to show you dork.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
>
> > The Mexicans hated to be called "Mexicans", they were ashamed of their
> > country and their mestizo ancestry. They insisted that they were
> > "Spanish", and we always accepted their assertions without argument.

> I would like to take a poll on this one... The Mexican's I know would
> never refer to themselves as Spanish! Ashamed? You need to be run out on
> a rail, your hatred and intolerance is really starting to show you dork.

Wayne he Most Mexicans I know, and get to yak on the issue of race and
ethnicity, claim to be Mexican of Spanish descent. I have met only two in my
whole life who claim their ancestry to be Mexica or Nahua. One a Xicotencatl
Leyva, director of engineering at the UTec and the other I forget. Some
even point to the hair on their face as proof they are not native
Amerindians.

A true Mexican will most likely have the Mongol spot on their back. This is
no joke... my half brother has one, so only a small dilution of blood from
those long ago treks across the Bering Straight...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default a real flair for theatrics

I have snipped the class warrior's continuous diatribe for brevity. It is
like an old scratched record.

However another erroneous statement he made does need to be corrected:

"At least you can sue Taco Bell or McDonald's if you contract the HIV virus
from them."

You are not going to get HIV from your food:
http://www.ifst.org/uploadedfiles/cm...oodhandler.pdf

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 5, 3:15?pm, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

> > If that is the only way you can get Mexican food, I feel sorry for you.

> If you have never eaten from a truck or a cart I feel sorry for you.

I thought you kill filed me. Now you want to type to me again?

You're going from one extreme to the other, from the lone nomadic
roach coach in a parking lot in Wisconsin to the pestilential hoards
of roach wagons and and push carts that can be seen all over the rest
of the world.

I've been all over the world, Dude. I've eaten street food, and seen
how third worlders handle food before cooking it.

I once kissed a dead pig's nose for a gag photograph in the open air
carneceria in Mazatlan, and I watched the flies crawl on the skinned
carcasses of slaughtered lambs and chickens in Casablanca.

I ate snail soup that was cooked by blue-eyed Berbers in the casbah in
Rabat. I wandered through the Jma al Fnaa in Marrakech and sat down
with the snake charmers and played the flute for Egyptian cobras while
a Moroccan hustler took a picture of me.

I ate shark ceviche out of a green coconut in Tahiti and asked Chinese
peddlers along the Li river what they did with the stacks of dried
lizards they were selling.

I was thinking of Conan the Barbarian walking around eating lizard off
a stick...

Owners of brick and mortar restaurants pay a lot of money for rent and
business licenses and they have to pass health department inspections
and sometime have to bribe inspectors to get the coveted "A" sign to
put in their front window.

Brick and mortar restaurateurs despise the push carts and roach wagons
that park in front of their establishments and steal business, but the
push carts do provide snacks to people that really aren't interested
in a full course meal.

I was wandering around Kowloon, and it was raining off and on, so I
ducked into a
glass-fronted Chinese restaurant for a snack. There was a poster on
the wall that depicted the Grim Reaper pushing a cart with rotting
dead things falling off of it.

That poster has stuck in my mind ever since. If I ever travel in
places like that again, I will get every immunization you can imagine
and I will buy medical evacuation insurance.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
>>
>>> The Mexicans hated to be called "Mexicans", they were ashamed of their
>>> country and their mestizo ancestry.

> Wayne he Most Mexicans I know, and get to yak on the issue of race and
> ethnicity, claim to be Mexican of Spanish descent.

You are probably correct Wayne, but how many are ashamed of their country?
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> On Mar 5, 3:15?pm, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
>> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

>>> If that is the only way you can get Mexican food, I feel sorry for you.

>> If you have never eaten from a truck or a cart I feel sorry for you.

> I thought you kill filed me. Now you want to type to me again?
>
> You're going from one extreme to the other, from the lone nomadic
> roach coach in a parking lot in Wisconsin to the pestilential hoards
> of roach wagons and and push carts that can be seen all over the rest
> of the world.
>
> I've been all over the world, Dude. I've eaten street food, and seen
> how third worlders handle food before cooking it.
>
> I once kissed a dead pig's nose for a gag photograph in the open air
> carneceria in Mazatlan, and I watched the flies crawl on the skinned
> carcasses of slaughtered lambs and chickens in Casablanca.
>
> I ate snail soup that was cooked by blue-eyed Berbers in the casbah in
> Rabat. I wandered through the Jma al Fnaa in Marrakech and sat down
> with the snake charmers and played the flute for Egyptian cobras while
> a Moroccan hustler took a picture of me.
>
> I ate shark ceviche out of a green coconut in Tahiti and asked Chinese
> peddlers along the Li river what they did with the stacks of dried
> lizards they were selling.
>
> I was thinking of Conan the Barbarian walking around eating lizard off
> a stick...
>
> Owners of brick and mortar restaurants pay a lot of money for rent and
> business licenses and they have to pass health department inspections
> and sometime have to bribe inspectors to get the coveted "A" sign to
> put in their front window.
>
> Brick and mortar restaurateurs despise the push carts and roach wagons
> that park in front of their establishments and steal business, but the
> push carts do provide snacks to people that really aren't interested
> in a full course meal.
>
> I was wandering around Kowloon, and it was raining off and on, so I
> ducked into a
> glass-fronted Chinese restaurant for a snack. There was a poster on
> the wall that depicted the Grim Reaper pushing a cart with rotting
> dead things falling off of it.
>
> That poster has stuck in my mind ever since. If I ever travel in
> places like that again, I will get every immunization you can imagine
> and I will buy medical evacuation insurance.

I watch the travel channel too but don't classify myself as an expert as
you do. All I know is there are a lot of hard working "Mexicans" working
"roach coaches" and "carts" here in the Sonoran desert that covers both
sides of the border that take pride and care in the preparation and
serving of quality foods. I won't kill file you, you are a great source
of entertainment.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> > . ..

> > Wayne he Most Mexicans I know, and get to yak on the issue of race

and
> > ethnicity, claim to be Mexican of Spanish descent.

> You are probably correct Wayne, but how many are ashamed of their country?

None that I know are ashamed of their country. From the poorest beggar on
the street to the owner of the sixth largest company in all of Mexico. They
recognize the disparity but are not ashamed. They see a brighter future with
what is happening in the give and take in politics. They all have negative
feelings toward the US mostly due to the negative publicity in the media and
jealousy. Mostly they don't see their problems as being caused by their own
policies and robber politicians.

It used to be fun to get into political debates, but now it's too much
parroting of either a pro or a con point of view with no logic, no
historical antecedents, no true intelligence. So I always shift the
conversation to food. And all is well.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>>> "Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Wayne he Most Mexicans I know, and get to yak on the issue of race

> and
>>> ethnicity, claim to be Mexican of Spanish descent.

>> You are probably correct Wayne, but how many are ashamed of their country?

> None that I know are ashamed of their country. From the poorest beggar on
> the street to the owner of the sixth largest company in all of Mexico. They
> recognize the disparity but are not ashamed. They see a brighter future with
> what is happening in the give and take in politics. They all have negative
> feelings toward the US mostly due to the negative publicity in the media and
> jealousy. Mostly they don't see their problems as being caused by their own
> policies and robber politicians.
>
> It used to be fun to get into political debates, but now it's too much
> parroting of either a pro or a con point of view with no logic, no
> historical antecedents, no true intelligence. So I always shift the
> conversation to food. And all is well.
>
> Wayne

I haven't met a Mexican yet that wasn't proud of their heritage, country
or family. As far as political stuff goes.. I think both neighboring
countries are in for a change. Hopefully there will come a time when
both countries can live find mutual respect for one another.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

you.
> >> If you have never eaten from a truck or a cart I feel sorry for you.

> > I thought you kill filed me. Now you want to type to me again?
> >
> > You're going from one extreme to the other, from the lone nomadic
> > roach coach in a parking lot in Wisconsin to the pestilential hoards
> > of roach wagons and and push carts that can be seen all over the rest
> > of the world.
> >
> > I've been all over the world, Dude. I've eaten street food, and seen
> > how third worlders handle food before cooking it.
> >
> > I once kissed a dead pig's nose for a gag photograph in the open air
> > carneceria in Mazatlan, and I watched the flies crawl on the skinned
> > carcasses of slaughtered lambs and chickens in Casablanca.
> >
> > I ate snail soup that was cooked by blue-eyed Berbers in the casbah in
> > Rabat. I wandered through the Jma al Fnaa in Marrakech and sat down
> > with the snake charmers and played the flute for Egyptian cobras while
> > a Moroccan hustler took a picture of me.
> >
> > I ate shark ceviche out of a green coconut in Tahiti and asked Chinese
> > peddlers along the Li river what they did with the stacks of dried
> > lizards they were selling.
> >
> > I was thinking of Conan the Barbarian walking around eating lizard off
> > a stick...
> >
> > Owners of brick and mortar restaurants pay a lot of money for rent and
> > business licenses and they have to pass health department inspections
> > and sometime have to bribe inspectors to get the coveted "A" sign to
> > put in their front window.
> >
> > Brick and mortar restaurateurs despise the push carts and roach wagons
> > that park in front of their establishments and steal business, but the
> > push carts do provide snacks to people that really aren't interested
> > in a full course meal.
> >
> > I was wandering around Kowloon, and it was raining off and on, so I
> > ducked into a
> > glass-fronted Chinese restaurant for a snack. There was a poster on
> > the wall that depicted the Grim Reaper pushing a cart with rotting
> > dead things falling off of it.
> >
> > That poster has stuck in my mind ever since. If I ever travel in
> > places like that again, I will get every immunization you can imagine
> > and I will buy medical evacuation insurance.
> >

> I watch the travel channel too but don't classify myself as an expert as
> you do. All I know is there are a lot of hard working "Mexicans" working
> "roach coaches" and "carts" here in the Sonoran desert that covers both
> sides of the border that take pride and care in the preparation and
> serving of quality foods. I won't kill file you, you are a great source
> of entertainment.

Wayne he
He may have not noticed the proliferation of the use of surgical gloves by
all taco folders. And may not have noticed since when the McDonald brothers
copied the taco fast food concept that the taco folder does not touch the
money. There are usually two to three in a crew for a taco stand. One
cooking and cutting, one serving refreshments and cleaning up, and one
making change and tracking how many tacos and drinks each customer consumes.

Also he may not have noticed that a taco stand without customers will die.
One person getting sick at any taco stand is enough to put them out of
business. Much quicker than any government agency issuing "A" or anything
else.

He may have used seven league boots during his life and may have had his
picture taken handling deadly cobras, but I don't think he has paid much
attention to the details of a taco stand and how they really work to make us
consumers totally content and happy with our fare.

By the way, the three taco stands down a few yards from the bullring in TJ
where the McDonald brothers got the idea for fast food are still there,
still serving great tacos. (Source of this info is personal but supported by
Victor Rubio of the famous Victor's restaurant chain in Tijuana going back
to post WWII Tijuanamania by Californians in search of legal gambling)

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
news
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:

their

> > and
> >> You are probably correct Wayne, but how many are ashamed of their

country?

> > None that I know are ashamed of their country. From the poorest beggar

on
> > the street to the owner of the sixth largest company in all of Mexico.

They
> > recognize the disparity but are not ashamed. They see a brighter future

with
> > what is happening in the give and take in politics. They all have

negative
> > feelings toward the US mostly due to the negative publicity in the media

and
> > jealousy. Mostly they don't see their problems as being caused by their

own
> > policies and robber politicians.
> >
> > It used to be fun to get into political debates, but now it's too much
> > parroting of either a pro or a con point of view with no logic, no
> > historical antecedents, no true intelligence. So I always shift the
> > conversation to food. And all is well.
> >
> > Wayne
> >

> I haven't met a Mexican yet that wasn't proud of their heritage, country
> or family. As far as political stuff goes.. I think both neighboring
> countries are in for a change. Hopefully there will come a time when
> both countries can live find mutual respect for one another.

Wayne he
When you say heritage, I'm sure you are referring to the fact that they come
from Spanish stock. The common denominator for most race/religion/culture is
a Spanish great/great/great/great to the nth power grandfather who planted
his seed in today's great/great/great to the nth degree's daugher or son.

Like I said... in my 63 years of total immersion in the bicultural life I
live, I have only met two Mexicans who claim pure blood to their Aztec
ancestors.

Their heritage, is of Spanish descent. Check it out.

Nothing wrong with this assumption since it is mostly true. Even the black
slaves that were imported to replace the millions of Mexicas killed by the
plague eventually intermarried and the bloodline is definitely Spanish,
Nahua and African for the most part. But almost all names are Spanish and of
Catholic origin.

In Mexico there is discrimination. But not against blacks nor anybody else
except the poor native Americans who haven't the slightest idea of why so
many people hate them. They are among the kindest, gentlest people on earth
and will give their shirt off their back to any stranger in need. Been
there, done that too many times not to do my best to convince others of this
truth.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> Wayne he
> He may have not noticed the proliferation of the use of surgical gloves by
> all taco folders. And may not have noticed since when the McDonald brothers
> copied the taco fast food concept that the taco folder does not touch the
> money. There are usually two to three in a crew for a taco stand. One
> cooking and cutting, one serving refreshments and cleaning up, and one
> making change and tracking how many tacos and drinks each customer consumes.
>
> Also he may not have noticed that a taco stand without customers will die.
> One person getting sick at any taco stand is enough to put them out of
> business. Much quicker than any government agency issuing "A" or anything
> else.
>
> He may have used seven league boots during his life and may have had his
> picture taken handling deadly cobras, but I don't think he has paid much
> attention to the details of a taco stand and how they really work to make us
> consumers totally content and happy with our fare.
>
> By the way, the three taco stands down a few yards from the bullring in TJ
> where the McDonald brothers got the idea for fast food are still there,
> still serving great tacos. (Source of this info is personal but supported by
> Victor Rubio of the famous Victor's restaurant chain in Tijuana going back
> to post WWII Tijuanamania by Californians in search of legal gambling)

Dude he
Amazing what you have said Wayne, you must have smelled the dogs: First
of all I had no idea that McDonalds was inspired by this long standing
trade. I never realized the fact that the cook does not handle the money.

I just returned from my favorite Sonoran hot dog stand down the street.
The dining area is an open tent with many tables and chairs. On one side
is a traditional hot dog type cart with fire, water and drainage where
the cook assembles the dogs. Next to it is a condiment station that is
completely iced for fresh and bottled condiments. On the other side of
the tent 15 feet away from the preparation is a small snack bar type
trailer that has the cash register and a stock room for supplies where
you place your order. Out back is a large mesquite grill that prepares
the meat for the tacos and hot dogs. 5 people run this operation, each
and every worker has a job and they do it well. I was about 7th in line
and was served in less than 3 minutes.

Why dogs today? My 9 year old daughter who is home with a fever was
hungry for a Mexican hot dog. She stayed in the car while I ordered our
food. Two bacon wrapped dogs on a fresh hand made roll. She likes her's
with ketchup only, mine had beans, mayo, tomatoes, onions, mustard, mayo
chopped serrano and radish. They threw in 2 grilled yellow hots and some
napkins.
I spent $7 for the entire order with 2 glass bottles of Mexican Pepsi. I
am glad to check back in a couple hours if anyone is concerned for our
safety. BTW I did see a health certificate proudly displayed.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

> [...]

> you place your order. Out back is a large mesquite grill that prepares
> the meat for the tacos and hot dogs. 5 people run this operation, each
> and every worker has a job and they do it well. I was about 7th in line
> and was served in less than 3 minutes.
>
> Why dogs today? My 9 year old daughter who is home with a fever was
> hungry for a Mexican hot dog. She stayed in the car while I ordered our
> food. Two bacon wrapped dogs on a fresh hand made roll. She likes her's
> with ketchup only, mine had beans, mayo, tomatoes, onions, mustard, mayo
> chopped serrano and radish. They threw in 2 grilled yellow hots and some
> napkins.
> I spent $7 for the entire order with 2 glass bottles of Mexican Pepsi. I
> am glad to check back in a couple hours if anyone is concerned for our
> safety. BTW I did see a health certificate proudly displayed.

Hurray! - Again, people together making for great food and joy!

And proof that the food culture is moving both north with tacos and south
with burritos and bacon wrapped delightful hot dogs gaining in popularity
everywhere.

Great!!!!

The McDonald brothers story is a great one for more than one reason. It is a
typical paradigm shift example. One I have frequently used when
preaching/teaching/encouraging innovation. Especially when in a bicultural
audience environment. Few Americans appreciate my showing how Mexican taco
stands may have changed the way we eat in this country. The fast food
paradigm shift.

Wayne

New Truck Brooklyn1 General Cooking 47 11-03-2014 10:36 PM
Just tried the Taco Bell Doritos Loco Taco ImStillMags General Cooking 39 02-05-2012 04:24 AM
Jack In The Box Taco Recipe for Taco Party nurk_fred2000 General Cooking 25 13-07-2011 10:32 PM
Taco truck is back ! pamjd General Cooking 44 09-03-2007 05:20 AM
Del Taco Chicken Soft Taco Sauce Recipe? [email protected] General Cooking 1 27-06-2006 10:21 AM