Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Two butts slathered in Swedish Mustard

OK,
I know that I wrote this group off but what the heck. I was supposed to
BBQ for a group of Brownie scouts today but the winds here are intense.
The butts have been sitting out in the back yard since 6 this AM
slathered with a sweet and hot Swedish mustard. The glaze is now tacky
and ready to go.
I'm going down to get some banana leaves and bake them. Give me 3
ingredients to go in.
Thanks,
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Sonoran Dude > wrote in message
> Give me 3 ingredients to go in.

So... Are you asking for three ingredients or telling us that
there are only three ingredients to go?

It sounds like you've got everything you need (besides the banana
leaves) and anything more might make it inedible for the Brownies
(with their tender tastebuds and all that.)

Good luck, either way: high winds and Q are beyond my hobbyist
mode.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> Sonoran Dude > wrote in message
>> Give me 3 ingredients to go in.

> So... Are you asking for three ingredients or telling us that
> there are only three ingredients to go?
>
> It sounds like you've got everything you need (besides the banana
> leaves) and anything more might make it inedible for the Brownies
> (with their tender tastebuds and all that.)
>
> Good luck, either way: high winds and Q are beyond my hobbyist
> mode.
>
> The Ranger

I made a chalupa.

Dried tacky mustard covered roast went into a porcelin iron dutch oven
browning on all sides. Big pour of some fresh orange juice and fresh
grated lemon pepper. covered for 4 hours and mixed in my 2nd day pico
and 3rd day beans. There is a mild heat from the mustard and pico with a
wonderful bright golden color to go with. May not be Mexican, may not be
authentic, but it sure does taste good.

mustard failure and weird Swedish potato sausage Kate Connally General Cooking 1 22-09-2009 06:17 AM
Many butts Kevin Barbecue 2 31-08-2004 10:57 PM
Butts Louis Cohen Barbecue 2 23-05-2004 04:03 AM
Mustard powder substitute for mustard seeds George General Cooking 1 30-12-2003 10:40 AM