FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/117792-tacos-de-pescado-empanizado.html)

The Galloping Gourmand 02-03-2007 04:35 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

Originales de Ensenada, los tacos de Pescado han sido por más de 30
años una original receta de los ensenadenses. Esta exquisita forma de
comer tacos combina la tradicional tortilla de maíz y salsa mexicana
con el producto regional más abundante de esta zona, el delicioso
pescado de las aguas del pacífico bajacaliforniano.

Asi pues he aquie la receta.

Tacos de pescado empanizado estilo Ensenada, Baja California.

Ingredientes:
Masa
1/2 taza harina
1 taza cerveza
1/4 cucharadita royal (baking powder?)
Pizca de oregano
Sal
Polvo de ajo

1/2 kilo de pescado fresco en fajitas (bacalao fresco del pacífico o
pez angel o cazón)

Tortillas de maiz.

Modo de preparacion.

Se mezclan los ingredientes para hacer un atole ligero (harina,
cerveza, royal, oregano, sal y ajo en polvo)

Bañas las fajitas de pescado en la mezcla y se frien en aceite.

Como se hacen los tacos:

En una tortilla pones una fajita de pescado frito,

Se acompañan los tacos con
col rayada cruda en vinagreta con cebolla picada
(aceite de oliva o de cocina y poco vinagre)

Guacamole verde (aguacate, cebolla, chile y tomatillo verde, sal,
cilantro picado)

Mayonesa o crema al gusto

Y un plato con frijolitos de la olla.

http://foros.forosmexico.com/showthr...p?t=864&page=3

Sonoran Dude 02-03-2007 04:59 PM

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

> http://foros.forosmexico.com/showthr...p?t=864&page=3

Your going to catch more fish by posting beer battered fish tacos than
copy and paste from some recipe forum. You speak English why don't you
share with the rest of us. Remember, we invented the Internet not Mexicans.

The Galloping Gourmand 02-03-2007 05:36 PM

On Mar 2, 7:59?am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> Your going to catch more fish by posting beer battered fish tacos than
> copy and paste from some recipe forum. You speak English why don't you
> share with the rest of us.

I *did* share with everybody. I found the recipe for
breaded fish tacos, Ensenada style and posted it, and you read it and
you know what it's all about.

You're not a *pocho*, homes. Why don't don't you just sort of help out
and translate the article, in the spirit of international friendship
and group cooperation?

> Remember, we invented the Internet not Mexicans.

Yabbot, Mexicans invented *tacos*, dude. You can live without Usenet,
but you'll get awful hungry without tacos.

Sonoran Dude 02-03-2007 05:57 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

> Yabbot, Mexicans invented *tacos*, dude. You can live without Usenet,
> but you'll get awful hungry without tacos.

buzz kill

Gunner[_4_] 02-03-2007 07:41 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

Dude, Why continue to reward Bad Behavior? . He has found a sore point and
will keep using it as long as it keeps the attention on him. Without even
reading it the title shows to be part of his Great Taco Swamp BS that he is
either for or against depending on the wind that day.

Wayne Lundberg 02-03-2007 07:55 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I love those tacos! Every time we go near Ensenada we make it a point to go
through town and find the busiest little corner taco stand, get out of the
car and join the throng. Part of the fun of eating those delights is the
comradship and joining fellow human beings in acts of joy.

I could make them every day, but have yet to make them at home. It's just
not any fun without the gaggle and wondering if the taco seller will
remember exactly how many we ate, one here, another there, a soda here, a
pop there... and no matter how many cusomers salivating and chewing, I have
yet to see the 'cashier' fail to know exactly how much we.... or anybody
else in the bunch.... owe.

A true delight and worth a trip to Ensendada by itself. What's best, is a
trip to Ensendada with an overnight layover, stop in Puerto Nuevo for the
lobster delights at Mexican lunch time ... 2pm. then mid-day the following
day find the busiest fish taco stand and enjoy.

Wayne

Sonoran Dude 02-03-2007 09:04 PM

Gunner wrote:
> Dude, Why continue to reward Bad Behavior? . He has found a sore point and
> will keep using it as long as it keeps the attention on him. Without even
> reading it the title shows to be part of his Great Taco Swamp BS that he is
> either for or against depending on the wind that day.

You right. My life keeps on going knowing that I have a life away from
usenet. I say if we were supposed to be posting in Spanish then we
should do it in a group called alt.comida.mexicano or something like that.

Wayne Lundberg 02-03-2007 09:16 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

Come on!

There is already too many attempts to classify and codify what we do in this
forum. Let flexibility reign!

We all have kill file buttons if the stuff get's too bothersome. Otherwise,
the more the merrier.... what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
hundreds to just a half dozen sparring participants.

Maybe we need more flexibility and less acrimony to attract more talent.

Wayne

Sonoran Dude 02-03-2007 11:45 PM

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Come on!
>
> There is already too many attempts to classify and codify what we do in this
> forum. Let flexibility reign!
>
> We all have kill file buttons if the stuff get's too bothersome. Otherwise,
> the more the merrier.... what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
> hundreds to just a half dozen sparring participants.
>
> Maybe we need more flexibility and less acrimony to attract more talent.
>
> Wayne

If you speak Spanish then post in Spanish. If you speak English post in
English. Cutting and pasting generic recipes from a Mexican Cookbook is
not what I would call contributing even if this were an all Spanish
speaking group. I'm taking a break from this group, It used to be fun.
Since I have never used a recipe in my life either in English or Spanish
I won't be missing much. I still think this new guy GG is just the old
Master Cook paster from months gone by, same MO. I'll go elsewhere and
bust some balls.

The Ranger[_1_] 02-03-2007 11:52 PM

Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message
> what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
> hundreds to just a half dozen sparring
> participants.

There were never hundreds, even in its heyday, unless you are
including the random spam in that count.

The Ranger

The Ranger[_1_] 02-03-2007 11:54 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

Sonoran Dude > wrote in message
. ..
> [..] I'll go elsewhere and bust some balls.

Better yet, stick around a filter the ****wit. Nothing says, "You
suck and have nothing to contribute!" better than a working
filter.

There's only the two in there from this group for me.

The Ranger

Dimitri 03-03-2007 12:20 AM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>> Come on!
>>
>> There is already too many attempts to classify and codify what we do in this
>> forum. Let flexibility reign!
>>
>> We all have kill file buttons if the stuff get's too bothersome. Otherwise,
>> the more the merrier.... what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
>> hundreds to just a half dozen sparring participants.
>>
>> Maybe we need more flexibility and less acrimony to attract more talent.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> If you speak Spanish then post in Spanish. If you speak English post in
> English.

Y los gentes bilingual pueden escribir in la mitad and half.

Good Old what's his name....

Gunner[_4_] 03-03-2007 03:20 AM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>> Come on!
>>
>> There is already too many attempts to classify and codify what we do in
>> this
>> forum. Let flexibility reign!
>>
>> We all have kill file buttons if the stuff get's too bothersome.
>> Otherwise,
>> the more the merrier.... what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
>> hundreds to just a half dozen sparring participants.
>>
>> Maybe we need more flexibility and less acrimony to attract more talent.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> If you speak Spanish then post in Spanish. If you speak English post in
> English. Cutting and pasting generic recipes from a Mexican Cookbook is
> not what I would call contributing even if this were an all Spanish
> speaking group. I'm taking a break from this group, It used to be fun.
> Since I have never used a recipe in my life either in English or Spanish I
> won't be missing much. I still think this new guy GG is just the old
> Master Cook paster from months gone by, same MO. I'll go elsewhere and
> bust some balls.

Dude, Why say your leaving?

Gunner[_4_] 03-03-2007 07:25 AM

dtwright37 03-03-2007 09:27 PM

On Mar 2, 4:52 pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> Wayne Lundberg > wrote in message

> > what the heck, this newsgroup has gone from
> > hundreds to just a half dozen sparring
> > participants.

> There were never hundreds, even in its heyday, unless you are
> including the random spam in that count.
>
> The Ranger

That's the way I remember it too, Ranger. Maybe 30-35 regulars at the
most, ranging, so to speak, from New England, through the rest of the
continental US, to Hawaii. Not one person posted in Spanish, even
though there was at least one native Mexican in the group. Not that I
miss him. ;-)

David, who made a fine green chile stew, NM style, last night

Wayne Lundberg 03-03-2007 09:39 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

"dtwright37" .
---snip for brevity---

> David, who made a fine green chile stew, NM style, last night

Thank you David for reminding me that I tend to exaggerate... Remind me
never to team you up with my wife!

Wayne

dtwright37 03-03-2007 10:12 PM

TACOS DE PESCADO EMPANIZADO

On Mar 3, 2:39 pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:
> "dtwright37" .
> ---snip for brevity---
>
> > David, who made a fine green chile stew, NM style, last night

> Thank you David for reminding me that I tend to exaggerate...

If I've told you, once, Wayne, I've told you a million times not

>Remind me never to team you up with my wife!

Oh yeah. We would say, "remember the time he said ..." another ;-)

David