Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Is Maggi Jugo Sazonador unique?

What's in the "secret sauce"? Does anything else come close?

http://www.mexgrocer.com/2708.html
"Jugo sazonador" is Maggi seasoning sauce with salt, spices and
pepper. Nestle's famous Jugo Maggi.

This recipe calls for "jugo sazonador", but I didn't know what it was.

CAMARONES EN AGUACHILE (Shrimp ceviche with onion, chiles and sliced
cucumbers)
Botana riquisima...

Ingredientes:

1 kg de camarones
2 pepinos grandes y pelados
Cebolla morada finamente picada en rodajas
Cilantro finamente picado
6 chiles serranos picados
2 tazas de jugo de limon verde sin semilla
Tostadas
1 cucharada de jugo sazonador
Sal y Pimienta al gusto

Modo de preparacion:

Pelar y desvenar los camarones, partirlos a la midad, limpiarlos y
escurrirlos muy bien, poner en un sarte y agregar una taza de jugo de
limon. (Tratar que el jugo de limon cubra los camarones). Esperar 10
minutos y agregar el jugo sazonador esperar otros 5 minutos.
Escurrirlos y agregar sal y pimienta, 1 1/2 pepino picado, 2
cucharadas de cilantro y la cebolla.

Licuar el chile picado, 2 cucharadas de pepino, 1 cucharada de
cilantro, una taza de jugo de limon y sal. Agregarle esta salsa a los
camarones y mezclar y servir con tostadas o totopos.

http://foros.forosmexico.com/showthr...p?t=864&page=2

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> What's in the "secret sauce"? Does anything else come close?
>
> http://www.mexgrocer.com/2708.html
> "Jugo sazonador" is Maggi seasoning sauce with salt, spices and
> pepper. Nestle's famous Jugo Maggi.
>
> This recipe calls for "jugo sazonador", but I didn't know what it was.
>
> CAMARONES EN AGUACHILE (Shrimp ceviche with onion, chiles and sliced
> cucumbers)
> Botana riquisima...
>
> Ingredientes:
>
> 1 kg de camarones
> 2 pepinos grandes y pelados
> Cebolla morada finamente picada en rodajas
> Cilantro finamente picado
> 6 chiles serranos picados
> 2 tazas de jugo de limon verde sin semilla
> Tostadas
> 1 cucharada de jugo sazonador
> Sal y Pimienta al gusto
>
> Modo de preparacion:
>
> Pelar y desvenar los camarones, partirlos a la midad, limpiarlos y
> escurrirlos muy bien, poner en un sarte y agregar una taza de jugo de
> limon. (Tratar que el jugo de limon cubra los camarones). Esperar 10
> minutos y agregar el jugo sazonador esperar otros 5 minutos.
> Escurrirlos y agregar sal y pimienta, 1 1/2 pepino picado, 2
> cucharadas de cilantro y la cebolla.
>
> Licuar el chile picado, 2 cucharadas de pepino, 1 cucharada de
> cilantro, una taza de jugo de limon y sal. Agregarle esta salsa a los
> camarones y mezclar y servir con tostadas o totopos.
>
> http://foros.forosmexico.com/showthr...p?t=864&page=2

I know from bitter experience that shrimp and pepinos (cucumber) do not mix
well in the human stomach. It produces way too much gas and burping is an
immediate result.

But then... not every human stomach works the same.

Shrimps are hard enough to get, I'd really think twice before combining
them.

Oh, well.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Feb 28, 9:40 am, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:
> "The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in oglegroups.com...

> > What's in the "secret sauce"? Does anything else come close?

> I know from bitter experience that shrimp and pepinos (cucumber) do not mix
> well in the human stomach. It produces way too much gas and burping is an
> immediate result.

Each diner's lower g.i. tract mileage may vary, but that doesn't
explain what's in jugo sazonador that makes it unique enough to mail
order.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 28, 9:40 am, "Wayne Lundberg" >
> wrote:
> > "The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in

oglegroups.com...

> > > What's in the "secret sauce"? Does anything else come close?

> > I know from bitter experience that shrimp and pepinos (cucumber) do not

mix
> > well in the human stomach. It produces way too much gas and burping is

an
> > immediate result.

> Each diner's lower g.i. tract mileage may vary, but that doesn't
> explain what's in jugo sazonador that makes it unique enough to mail
> order.

The jugo sazonador that I buy comes in a packet to be disolved in whatever
you are cooking. They are what you would call 'memorable' flavors packaged
by one manufacturer or the other with their unique recipe for flavoring
whatever it is you are making. Nothing but seasonings in different
combinations to make you by their advertised product.

Nothing you can't do yourself when boiling a chicken down to a brth with
your own inventiveness.

Fun!

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Feb 28, 3:51?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> The jugo sazonador that I buy comes in a packet to be disolved in whatever
> you are cooking. They are what you would call 'memorable' flavors packaged
> by one manufacturer or the other with their unique recipe for flavoring
> whatever it is you are making. Nothing but seasonings in different
> combinations to make you by their advertised product.

So. What's your favorite brand of pre-packaged powdered Mexican
seasonings that you add to whatever you're cooking?

I don't buy combinations of Mexican powders, I buy canned and bottled
sauces, or Knorr sauces in tin foil lined cartons.

> Nothing you can't do yourself when boiling a chicken down to a brth with
> your own inventiveness.

The only Maggi product on the shelves at the local Food 4 Less is
their chicken broth powder which contains monosodium glutamate.

I added a tablespoon of that powder to my chipotle peanut butter mole,
which I poured over partly fried chicken thighs. I finished the
chicken by simmering the mole for another half hour.

Oh, yes, it was certainly memorable. I couldn't get enough of the MSG.
But it seemed to have transient effect in the mole, as it didn't taste
special at all the next day when I finished the leftovers.

The usual case with spices is that they make leftovers taste better
the next day.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 28, 3:51?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
> wrote:
>
> > The jugo sazonador that I buy comes in a packet to be disolved in

whatever
> > you are cooking. They are what you would call 'memorable' flavors

packaged
> > by one manufacturer or the other with their unique recipe for flavoring
> > whatever it is you are making. Nothing but seasonings in different
> > combinations to make you by their advertised product.

> So. What's your favorite brand of pre-packaged powdered Mexican
> seasonings that you add to whatever you're cooking?
>
> I don't buy combinations of Mexican powders, I buy canned and bottled
> sauces, or Knorr sauces in tin foil lined cartons.
> >
> > Nothing you can't do yourself when boiling a chicken down to a brth with
> > your own inventiveness.

> The only Maggi product on the shelves at the local Food 4 Less is
> their chicken broth powder which contains monosodium glutamate.
>
> I added a tablespoon of that powder to my chipotle peanut butter mole,
> which I poured over partly fried chicken thighs. I finished the
> chicken by simmering the mole for another half hour.
>
> Oh, yes, it was certainly memorable. I couldn't get enough of the MSG.
> But it seemed to have transient effect in the mole, as it didn't taste
> special at all the next day when I finished the leftovers.
>
> The usual case with spices is that they make leftovers taste better
> the next day.

About the only time I use seasonings other than salt, pepper, Maggi and
oregano is when I want an Italian flavor to the tomato sauce for the
spaghetti or noodles. For Mexican food I don't use more than the above, plus
garlic and onion. But I do make a wicked red tomato, green tomato, guacamole
salsa on the side along with nicely heated tortillas and some bread. Our
favorite chile to go into the salsas is the Serrano plus cilantro.

I have tried a few of the little sazone packages and didn't really like any
of them. So I'm back to doing the seasoning myself.

For Texas chili I use a lot of cumin. But not for anything south of the
tropic.

maggi john abraham General Cooking 0 14-05-2012 02:21 PM
maggi ashutosh kumar General Cooking 0 14-05-2012 08:15 AM
Carne in su jugo rosie[_1_] General Cooking 3 24-06-2008 01:11 PM
Pollo con jugo de naranja Gunner[_6_] Mexican Cooking 0 06-03-2008 08:50 PM
Carnes en su Jugo Mark Preston Mexican Cooking 14 04-11-2003 03:51 AM