FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Just curious (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/117206-just-curious.html)

luna the lurker[_1_] 22-02-2007 08:07 PM

Just curious

Is this the new Tex-Mex cooking newsgroup formally known as
alt.food.mexican-cooking?

Gunner[_4_] 22-02-2007 08:23 PM

Just curious

"luna the lurker" > wrote in message

> Is this the new Tex-Mex cooking newsgroup formally known as
> alt.food.mexican-cooking?

Perhaps you will share your view on what is Mexican and what is Tex-Mex?
Please compare and contrast and show some examples of each. Provide
specific recipes to illustrate your hypothesis of each.

You opened the door, Luna , say what you mean., You got our attention and
the mike, go for it!

Wayne Lundberg 22-02-2007 08:25 PM

Just curious

"luna the lurker" > wrote in message

> Is this the new Tex-Mex cooking newsgroup formally known as
> alt.food.mexican-cooking?

It is a newsgroup in eternal quest of it's proper place in space. We are
having fun ping-ponging between so called authentic Mexican, and the ever
evolving recipes in quest of conquering more taste buds at home and in
restaurants. Taste buds are the holy grail! Some respond best to non-chile
recipes, while others perspire in glorious heat with chopped serrano.

Come on in! Join the fray. Be ready to be challenged!

Wayne

The Galloping Gourmand 22-02-2007 08:40 PM

Just curious

On Feb 22, 11:07?am, luna the lurker > wrote:
> Is this the new Tex-Mex cooking newsgroup formally known as
> alt.food.mexican-cooking?

No, this is alt.cooking.Tacos-R-Us

Got any tortilla-based recipes from El Norte?

Gunner[_4_] 22-02-2007 10:36 PM

Wrong again Booger

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 22, 11:07?am, luna the lurker > wrote:
>> Is this the new Tex-Mex cooking newsgroup formally known as
>> alt.food.mexican-cooking?

> No, this is alt.cooking.Tacos-R-Us

Booger, you sure making a career out of being wrong.

This is still food.mexican-cooking, not cooking CA-Gringo Crazy. You two
gringos have as much knowledge of cooking as would fit into a peanut with
room for two mules and a steer.

> Got any tortilla-based recipes from El Norte?

yea, I do You through with these stupid ass name games?