Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Sometimes simpler is better

You want a nutritious, delightful, great tasting meal?

Rice, beans, tortillas and salsa.

12 ounces of combo of above is equal to 12 ounces of prime rib with less
cholesterol and more vitamins.

Google the millions of recipes for rice, beans, tortillas and salsas. Chose
the ones you like.

My family goes for pressure cooked beans with a dollop of lard to act as the
enzyme catalyzer, quartered onion, and tight lid. Salt later.

For the rice, a couple of finely diced cloves of garlic, a diced half onion,
sautéed lightly and half cup of white rice into the pot to sauté until
golden, then covered with broth or bullion, brought to boil, cover, turn
down heat, do not stir, watch for half hour adding liquid as necessary. When
done, rice should not be mushy, must be al dente. Broth could be Ro-Tel with
bullion.

For salsas see my mother's contribution at:
--
http://www.inmamaskitchen.com -

and corn tortillas are my favorites.

You can't go wrong with this meal once or twice a week.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> You want a nutritious, delightful, great tasting meal?
>
> Rice, beans, tortillas and salsa.
>
> 12 ounces of combo of above is equal to 12 ounces of prime rib with less
> cholesterol and more vitamins.
>
> Google the millions of recipes for rice, beans, tortillas and salsas. Chose
> the ones you like.
>
> My family goes for pressure cooked beans with a dollop of lard to act as the
> enzyme catalyzer, quartered onion, and tight lid. Salt later.
>
> For the rice, a couple of finely diced cloves of garlic, a diced half onion,
> sautéed lightly and half cup of white rice into the pot to sauté until
> golden, then covered with broth or bullion, brought to boil, cover, turn
> down heat, do not stir, watch for half hour adding liquid as necessary. When
> done, rice should not be mushy, must be al dente. Broth could be Ro-Tel with
> bullion.
>
> For salsas see my mother's contribution at:

I'd rather have 6 oz of Prime Rib and 6 oz of beans and rice. Less
calories.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > You want a nutritious, delightful, great tasting meal?
> >
> > Rice, beans, tortillas and salsa.
> >
> > 12 ounces of combo of above is equal to 12 ounces of prime rib with less
> > cholesterol and more vitamins.
> >
> > Google the millions of recipes for rice, beans, tortillas and salsas.

Chose
> > the ones you like.
> >
> > My family goes for pressure cooked beans with a dollop of lard to act as

the
> > enzyme catalyzer, quartered onion, and tight lid. Salt later.
> >
> > For the rice, a couple of finely diced cloves of garlic, a diced half

onion,
> > sautéed lightly and half cup of white rice into the pot to sauté until
> > golden, then covered with broth or bullion, brought to boil, cover, turn
> > down heat, do not stir, watch for half hour adding liquid as necessary.

When
> > done, rice should not be mushy, must be al dente. Broth could be Ro-Tel

with
> > bullion.
> >
> > For salsas see my mother's contribution at:

> I'd rather have 6 oz of Prime Rib and 6 oz of beans and rice. Less
> calories.

Getting close to a biste a la Tampiquena... just add a dollop of guacamole
and an enchilada... to the platter.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> Getting close to a biste a la Tampiquena... just add a dollop of guacamole
> and an enchilada... to the platter.

Perfect!