Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Tortilla Warmers

I ran into this website www.latortillaoven.com and I ordered a couple
of them for Christmas. I gotta tell ya, this is the best darn tortilla
warmer I ever purchased. I have used just about every tortilla warmer
on the market and this one is by far the best one out there.

I placed about 7 tortillas in the warmer and I threw it in the
microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. I could not believe that my last
tortilla in the warmer was still warm just a little past one hour!

I also used it to heat up rolls, bagels, pancakes and croissants! I bet
you can used it for other food items. To top it off, it is fully
machine washable and dryable. This is an A+ product.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

wrote:
> I ran into this website
www.latortillaoven.com and I ordered a couple
> of them for Christmas. I gotta tell ya, this is the best darn tortilla
> warmer I ever purchased. I have used just about every tortilla warmer
> on the market and this one is by far the best one out there.
>
> I placed about 7 tortillas in the warmer and I threw it in the
> microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. I could not believe that my last
> tortilla in the warmer was still warm just a little past one hour!
>
> I also used it to heat up rolls, bagels, pancakes and croissants! I bet
> you can used it for other food items. To top it off, it is fully
> machine washable and dryable. This is an A+ product.

Microwaved tortillas? Try microwaving a piece of white bread and tell me
how it works out.

If serving just a few I like to re-heat mine over the gas grate on my
stove flipping them quickly over the flame and eating them immediately
or stacking them in warmed dutch oven or foil.

You can do the same on an electric stove burner or iron skillet.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
> > I ran into this website
www.latortillaoven.com and I ordered a couple
> > of them for Christmas. I gotta tell ya, this is the best darn tortilla
> > warmer I ever purchased. I have used just about every tortilla warmer
> > on the market and this one is by far the best one out there.

-snip---

> If serving just a few I like to re-heat mine over the gas grate on my
> stove flipping them quickly over the flame and eating them immediately
> or stacking them in warmed dutch oven or foil.
>
> You can do the same on an electric stove burner or iron skillet.

I've been heating my mid-day three tortilla break using the microwave at
full power for one minute. Tortillas wrapped in a towel... but just got a
Christmas present of the kind of tortilla warmer mentioned above. They come
out just fine, almost like they just came off the comal.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> I've been heating my mid-day three tortilla break using the microwave at
> full power for one minute. Tortillas wrapped in a towel... but just got a
> Christmas present of the kind of tortilla warmer mentioned above. They come
> out just fine, almost like they just came off the comal.
>
> Wayne

Tortilla warmers are fine to heat the internal element of the dish to
keep stuff warm but nothing lasts like iron. I agree that they do an
adequate job in a pinch... I just hate spammers and had to put in my 2
cents. My problem with nuking them is that they get rubbery.

Winter Warmers cktlconnoisseur General 0 01-12-2011 09:47 PM
Tortilla Roll-ups or Mexican Pinwheels or Tortilla Pinwheels sandi General Cooking 12 20-01-2007 08:49 PM
Tortilla Warmers [email protected] General Cooking 20 14-01-2007 10:41 PM
Tortilla Warmers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 1 09-01-2007 10:32 PM
Stoves and coffee-makers as warmers Bluesea Tea 3 15-03-2005 06:29 PM