Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Mole Coloradito

A brick-red mole made with ancho chile , sesame seeds and almonds. courtesy
of Restaurante El Naranjo,

a.. 10 ancho chiles

b.. 1 pasilla chile

c.. 4 large roma tomatoes

d.. 4 medium cloves garlic, unpeeled

e.. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

f.. 2 slices day-old bread

g.. 15 blanched almonds

h.. ½ cup sesame seeds

i.. 10 black peppercorns

j.. 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano (preferably Oaxacan)

k.. 3 whole cloves

l.. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

m.. 1 piece Mexican cinnamon (approximately 1 inch)

n.. 3 cups chicken stock

o.. Salt

p.. 2 tablespoons sugar

q.. 8 pieces chicken or pork

r.. ½ medium onion

s.. 3 garlic cloves

t.. Salt

Clean the chiles with a damp cloth, then discard the seeds and stems. Roast
the chiles slightly on a hot skillet. Transfer to a pot with hot water, and
let them soak for 20 minutes.

On a separate skillet, dry-roast the tomatoes and the unpeeled garlic
cloves.

Add 3 tablespoons oil to a skillet and fry the bread until pale gold. Add
the blanched almonds, sesame seeds, oregano, black peppercorns and cloves.
Reserve.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a big pot, blend the chiles with enough fresh
water, and add to the pot. Let it fry for about 8 to10 minutes. Blend the
reserved nuts and spices along with the tomatoes, garlic, and enough water.
Add to the cooking pot.

Blend the cinnamon with a little water and pass through a sieve over the
mole. Simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.

Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Let cook for 15 minutes, then add
salt and sugar to taste. The mole should cover the back of a spoon.

Add boiled chicken (see below), let simmer for 10 minutes, and serve with
rice and tortillas.

To cook the chicken: Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, add ½ onion, 3 cloves
garlic and salt. When boiling, add the chicken pieces and let it boil until
the meat is done.

Yield: 6 servings

Heat Scale: Medium

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gunner wrote:
> A brick-red mole made with ancho chile , sesame seeds and almonds. courtesy
> of Restaurante El Naranjo,

> c.. 4 large roma tomatoes

So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> Gunner wrote:
> > A brick-red mole made with ancho chile , sesame seeds and almonds. courtesy
> > of Restaurante El Naranjo,

> > c.. 4 large roma tomatoes

> So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
the color. ;-)

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
>> Gunner wrote:
>> > A brick-red mole made with ancho chile , sesame seeds and almonds.
>> > courtesy
>> > of Restaurante El Naranjo,

>> > c.. 4 large roma tomatoes

>> So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

> Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
> the color. ;-)
>
> Jack

Que Bravo Jack

"A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and
watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing.
It's easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk, and
change."
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

> > So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

> Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
> the color. ;-)

The question might have been a bit of Socratic irony, yannow...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Jack Tyler wrote:
>> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

>> > So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

>> Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
>> the color. ;-)

> The question might have been a bit of Socratic irony, yannow...

Understood and expected. Socratic? No.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> Jack Tyler wrote:
> > The Galloping Gourmand wrote:

> > > So what do you get if you substitute tomatillos for the tomatoes?

> > Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
> > the color. ;-)

> The question might have been a bit of Socratic irony, yannow...

I'm smart enough to figure that out. Again... ;-)

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
>> Jack Tyler wrote:

>> > Hell of a lot more work and a different color. But then, you knew about
>> > the color. ;-)

>> The question might have been a bit of Socratic irony, yannow...

> I'm smart enough to figure that out. Again... ;-)
>
> Jack

Hehehe, chalk it up to Collateral Damage, Jack.

hehe, I see you like the cashew chile! hehehehe, there is a bit more
sacrilege coming, going to shake the very foundations of your faith.

Mole coloradito for World Kitchen Serene Vannoy General Cooking 12 06-06-2011 06:59 AM
Mole vs Mole Sauce Pringles CheezUms General Cooking 19 09-02-2011 07:48 PM
MOLE~ No Name Mexican Cooking 2 11-11-2007 11:55 PM
Mole todesengel Mexican Cooking 8 30-03-2005 11:10 PM
POLLO EN MOLE VERDE (Chicken in Green Mole) terrymcintire Recipes 2 18-10-2004 02:55 AM