Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Merry Christmas

Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas, but I want to wish
all of those who do a very Merry Christmas before you escape for the
holidays:

http://badaboo.free.fr/merryxmas.swf

Sincerely,

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas, but I want to wish
> all of those who do a very Merry Christmas before you escape for the
> holidays:
>
> http://badaboo.free.fr/merryxmas.swf
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jack

I well remember the songs of a white Christmas when living in Mexico. You
are well south of the snowbelt now enjoying your adventure in Mexican food
and culture and surely miss a snowlfake or two. Well... enjoy the lack of
cold snow and that which goes with it. Follow your nose to the nearest
street vendor selling corn on the cob as the smoke from the firepot is
sucked by a gentle breeze whafing through the air. Put a dash of salt and
red ground chile, a bit of lime... and enjoy. It's as good as New York nuts
on the street anytime.

Feliz Navidad!

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas

Oh, puh-leeeze.

We've become far too "politically" correct when we feel we have to
apologize to a very small and troublesome percentage of our immigrant
population for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

We're talking about only 3% of the population are Jews, and over half
of them are secular Jews who don't attend temple and don't belong to a
congregation at all, but they still resent Christians enjoying
Christmas because it violates commandments in the Talmud against
worshipping other gods besides the nameless god of Moses.

And maybe Christmas decorations would cost them a tiny amount of money
out of their tax dollar if Christmas decorations were put up in a
public place.

Before anybody accuses *me* of being "anti-semitic", my grandfather was
a German Jew whose family arrived in America in the 1740's. Another
ancestor was a Sephardic Jew whose son arrived in Maryland in 1590,
after his father fled the Spanish Inquisition.

Other ancestors were English Jews who never made a big stink about what
the Puritans were doing in Massachusetts, they moved to Rhode Island.

They were the kind of immigrants that America is really all about, they
melted into the great American melting pot and became Heinz 57
Americans, they were a little bit
German, a little bit Jewish, a little bit French, Irish, Scottish,
English, Danish, Native American, and even a little bit African after a
few generations.

I waited until the last minute to book a Christmas cruise one year, and
wound up on a ship belonging to a cruiseline I'd never heard of before.
It was the one with an "X" on the smoke stack, I think it was called
"Chandris Nightmare Cruises".

I figured they would have Christmas trees and Santa Claus and Christmas
carols to cater the Americans who would be the majority on the cruise.

Boy, was I ever wrong. The cruise line was owned by Hindus and the
British crew talked about "Father Christmas" giving out toys to a few
kids on Christmas Day, but I never saw that at all.

There was a variety show on Christmas Eve, and instead of having
quasi-religious skits and singing the seasonal tunes that made Irving
Berlin (a Jew) rich, the hostess sang a song about a lonely Parisian
prostitute who couldn't find a john on Christmas Eve!

And then she stood there and apologized to all the immigrant Jews from
New York, saying that she wanted to sing a seasonal song, and hoped
that nobody would be offended by it.

Then she started singing "Silent Night". I don't know if she thought
the Jews would be offended because it was a Christian song, or because
it was a traditional German song.

After that, the staff passed out Christmas carol books and half the
audience got up and walked out.

And it makes me wonder, if immigrant Jews hate Christmas so much, why
do they go on Christmas cruises? Why do they take advantage of the
Christmas holiday season at all?

Why don't they travel some other time of the year or see if they can
charter an all-Jewish
ocean liner with an Israeli crew and Mosad security?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> Jack Tyler wrote:
> > Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas

> Oh, puh-leeeze.
>
> We've become far too "politically" correct when we feel we have to
> apologize to a very small and troublesome percentage of our immigrant
> population for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

I guess my sarcasm was lost on you. I really don't care whether or not
anyone is offended that I am a Christian. I also say "Merry Christmas"
to most who I meet on the street.

I just wasn't in the mood to hear anyone whine.

Merry Christmas.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

> [...]

> prostitute who couldn't find a john on Christmas Eve!
>
> And then she stood there and apologized to all the immigrant Jews from
> New York, saying that she wanted to sing a seasonal song, and hoped
> that nobody would be offended by it.
>
> Then she started singing "Silent Night". I don't know if she thought
> the Jews would be offended because it was a Christian song, or because
> it was a traditional German song.
>
> After that, the staff passed out Christmas carol books and half the
> audience got up and walked out.
>
> And it makes me wonder, if immigrant Jews hate Christmas so much, why
> do they go on Christmas cruises? Why do they take advantage of the
> Christmas holiday season at all?
>
> Why don't they travel some other time of the year or see if they can
> charter an all-Jewish
> ocean liner with an Israeli crew and Mosad security?

Plonk

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas, but I want to wish
> all of those who do a very Merry Christmas before you escape for the
> holidays:
>
> http://badaboo.free.fr/merryxmas.swf
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jack

Merry Christmas to you and yourn(as my grandpappy would say)!
FM
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Frank Mancuso wrote:
> The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> > Oh, puh-leeeze.
> >
> > We've become far too "politically" correct when we feel we have to
> > apologize to a very small and troublesome percentage of our immigrant
> > population for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

> Plonk

So. I suppose you support greedy litigants who have been suing local
governments for
displaying nativity scenes and putting up Christmas trees on public
property. And I suppose you oppose prayer in school, want all crosses
removed from official seals and the 10 commandments hidden.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> Frank Mancuso wrote:
> > The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> > > Oh, puh-leeeze.
> > >
> > > We've become far too "politically" correct when we feel we have to
> > > apologize to a very small and troublesome percentage of our immigrant
> > > population for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

> > Plonk

> So. I suppose you support greedy litigants who have been suing local
> governments for
> displaying nativity scenes and putting up Christmas trees on public
> property. And I suppose you oppose prayer in school, want all crosses
> removed from official seals and the 10 commandments hidden.

I don't think that's what Frank was saying. I've know him too long.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas, but I want to wish
> all of those who do a very Merry Christmas before you escape for the
> holidays:

Thanks, Jack, for that. I'm someone who celebrates the solstice, and I
enjoy thinking about all the people of all the religions and traditions
who welcome the return of the light.

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

dtwright37 wrote:
> Jack Tyler wrote:
> > Not to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas, but I want to wish
> > all of those who do a very Merry Christmas before you escape for the
> > holidays:
> >

> Thanks, Jack, for that. I'm someone who celebrates the solstice, and I
> enjoy thinking about all the people of all the religions and traditions
> who welcome the return of the light.
>
> David

I've posted these following carols in two other groups and don't want
to neglect my favorite group. Again, Merry Christmas to all:

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE "DISTURBED":

1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are

3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets
and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees
and.....

6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open
Fire

8. Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm
Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy oooh look at the
froggy can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

10.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells,Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle
Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,Jingle
Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle ......

Posted by:
(but not written by) Jack

Merry Christmas to all! (Interactive Christmas card) Omelet General Cooking 4 26-12-2006 01:40 AM
Merry Christmas Omelet General Cooking 0 25-12-2006 04:59 PM
Merry Christmas Pinky Winemaking 2 28-12-2003 11:56 PM
Merry Christmas y'all! frohe Barbecue 2 25-12-2003 06:22 PM