Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default biscochitos recipe

i need the recipe for biscochitos to make for christmas, please help if
you can. im truly grateful.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

fishman99 wrote:
> i need the recipe for biscochitos to make for christmas, please help if
> you can. im truly grateful.

Ingredients
1 pound shortening
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons anise seed
2 eggs, beaten
6 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fruit juice (optional)
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Note: Varied amounts of fruit juice may be used.

In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and anise seed. Add eggs and
beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another large
bowl. Alternately add flour and fruit juice to creamed mixture until a
stiff dough has been formed. Knead dough slightly. Pat or roll to 1/4-
to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes. Combine sugar and
cinnamon in a shaker. Dust the top of each cookie with a small amount
of mixture. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookies
are lightly browned.

Makes: 5 dozen.

Stolen from the Governor of New Mexico and posted by:

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> fishman99 wrote:
>
>>i need the recipe for biscochitos to make for christmas, please help if
>>you can. im truly grateful.

> Ingredients
> 1 pound shortening
> 1-1/2 cups sugar
> 2 teaspoons anise seed
> 2 eggs, beaten
> 6 cups flour
> 3 teaspoons baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 cup fruit juice (optional)
> 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
> Note: Varied amounts of fruit juice may be used.
>
> In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and anise seed. Add eggs and
> beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another large
> bowl. Alternately add flour and fruit juice to creamed mixture until a
> stiff dough has been formed. Knead dough slightly. Pat or roll to 1/4-
> to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes. Combine sugar and
> cinnamon in a shaker. Dust the top of each cookie with a small amount
> of mixture. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookies
> are lightly browned.
>
> Makes: 5 dozen.
>
> Stolen from the Governor of New Mexico and posted by:
>
> Jack

thank you jack for the recipe, christmas is saved.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> fishman99 wrote:
> > i need the recipe for biscochitos to make for christmas, please help if
> > you can. im truly grateful.

> Ingredients
> 1 pound shortening
> 1-1/2 cups sugar
> 2 teaspoons anise seed
> 2 eggs, beaten
> 6 cups flour
> 3 teaspoons baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 cup fruit juice (optional)
> 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
> Note: Varied amounts of fruit juice may be used.
>
> In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and anise seed. Add eggs and
> beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another large
> bowl. Alternately add flour and fruit juice to creamed mixture until a
> stiff dough has been formed. Knead dough slightly. Pat or roll to 1/4-
> to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes. Combine sugar and
> cinnamon in a shaker. Dust the top of each cookie with a small amount
> of mixture. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookies
> are lightly browned.
>
> Makes: 5 dozen.
>
> Stolen from the Governor of New Mexico and posted by:
>
> Jack

I dunno.......when I lived in NM, it was considered sacrelidge to make
bizcochitoes with shortening instead of lard.

I'd be happy to post my recipe, which was the traditinal recipe for teh
family I spent christmas with in albuquerque.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jude wrote:
> I dunno.......when I lived in NM, it was considered sacrelidge to make
> bizcochitoes with shortening instead of lard.
>
> I'd be happy to post my recipe, which was the traditinal recipe for teh
> family I spent christmas with in albuquerque.

Maybe that's why he's not governor of NM anymore?:

http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/nm/gov/nmgov90.htm

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:
> Jude wrote:
> > I dunno.......when I lived in NM, it was considered sacrelidge to make
> > bizcochitoes with shortening instead of lard.
> >
> > I'd be happy to post my recipe, which was the traditinal recipe for teh
> > family I spent christmas with in albuquerque.

> Maybe that's why he's not governor of NM anymore?:
>
> http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/nm/gov/nmgov90.htm
>
> Jack

oh gawd, I didn't realize it was johnson's recipe. he was a tererible
governor, how could he be a decent cook? good analogy for his
politics......just a little off from what the regular people wanted!

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jude wrote:
> Jack Tyler wrote:
>
>>fishman99 wrote:
>>
>>>i need the recipe for biscochitos to make for christmas, please help if
>>>you can. im truly grateful.

>>Ingredients
>>1 pound shortening
>>1-1/2 cups sugar
>>2 teaspoons anise seed
>>2 eggs, beaten
>>6 cups flour
>>3 teaspoons baking powder
>>1 teaspoon salt
>>1/2 cup fruit juice (optional)
>>1 Tablespoon cinnamon
>>Note: Varied amounts of fruit juice may be used.
>>
>>In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar and anise seed. Add eggs and
>>beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another large
>>bowl. Alternately add flour and fruit juice to creamed mixture until a
>>stiff dough has been formed. Knead dough slightly. Pat or roll to 1/4-
>>to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes. Combine sugar and
>>cinnamon in a shaker. Dust the top of each cookie with a small amount
>>of mixture. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookies
>>are lightly browned.
>>
>>Makes: 5 dozen.
>>
>>Stolen from the Governor of New Mexico and posted by:
>>
>>Jack

> I dunno.......when I lived in NM, it was considered sacrelidge to make
> bizcochitoes with shortening instead of lard.
>
> I'd be happy to post my recipe, which was the traditinal recipe for teh
> family I spent christmas with in albuquerque.

thank you jack.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Tyler wrote:

> Jude wrote:
>
>>I dunno.......when I lived in NM, it was considered sacrelidge to make
>>bizcochitoes with shortening instead of lard.
>>
>>I'd be happy to post my recipe, which was the traditinal recipe for teh
>>family I spent christmas with in albuquerque.

> Maybe that's why he's not governor of NM anymore?:
>
> http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/nm/gov/nmgov90.htm
>
> Jack

thank you.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking