Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Hey gang, I got published!

I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of the
tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RESERV...ery_maize.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of the
> tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!
>
> http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RESERV...ery_maize.html

Good article, Wayne. Congratulations.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

It was fun! Chipotle did the fine tuning to make it like it is.

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of

the
> > tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!
> >
> > http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RESERV...ery_maize.html

> Good article, Wayne. Congratulations.
>
> Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne this is great. You are quite handsome in the photo. The article
was very interesting. I guess you are famous now. We are very lucky to
have you in this group. I enjoy learning from all of you.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Felicidades, Congratulations.

Nice photo, nice article.

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of the
> tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!
>
> http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RESERV...ery_maize.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Gracias!

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Wayne this is great. You are quite handsome in the photo. The article
> was very interesting. I guess you are famous now. We are very lucky to
> have you in this group. I enjoy learning from all of you.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Thanks!

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Felicidades, Congratulations.
>
> Nice photo, nice article.
>
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of

the
> > tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!
> >
> > http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RESERV...ery_maize.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of the
> tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!

Nice work, Wayne. I like the image of that pregnant horticulturist
getting her epiphany about selective plant breeding!

When I was working in Idaho in the late '70s - early '80s, one of our
museum's archaeological digs was in the Snake River canyon near Twin
Falls. One object they found was a corn cob that was, as I remember it,
about 5 inches long and maybe an inch in diameter. I wish I could
remember the date of the site. But, even at that early stage in
hybridization, corn was apparently very important both nutritionally
and economically, to have been traded that far north. Unless, as you
suggest, the ceremonial aspects of corn outweighed the others. I'm
thinking of the importance of corn pollen to present-day native peoples
in the southwestern US.

Lot's of good food for thought in your article, and I thank you posting
it!

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"dtwright37" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > I never realized I looked so good in print! It's all about the birth of

the
> > tortilla and kind of fun. Take a gander, it won't hurt!

> Nice work, Wayne. I like the image of that pregnant .

----snip for brevity ----

Thanks David! At the botanical museum in Oaxaca they have on display the
evolution of maize from the very first miniature cob found in some ancient
digs where the Olmecas rose from nomads to a formal society. A similar
display is at the museum in Mexico City. The magic behind the 'discovery' of
hybridization and the chemical changes required through the maza process is
fascinating. It really leads to out of this world imagination.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rhonda wrote:
> Wayne this is great. You are quite handsome in the photo. The article
> was very interesting. I guess you are famous now. We are very lucky to
> have you in this group. I enjoy learning from all of you.

Great article, but equally fascinating is seeing a photo of someone
whose stuff you've read and to whom you've talked for a number of years
in the group with no idea what he looked like except your imagination
and it being so different from that (though I'm not sure what exact
picture I had of you). Probably true for each person who frequently
contributes.

Echoing Rhonda, thanks for all your ongoing contributions.
Paul