Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Huitlacoche?!!

Does anyone have recipes with Huitlacoche?

I've made rice, omelets, and oddly enough cornbread.

Any suggestions? My other idea was to add it to enchiladas suizas. Any help
would be appreciated as I have one can left over and I don't want to waste
it.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Twentylettersintotal" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have recipes with Huitlacoche?
>
> I've made rice, omelets, and oddly enough cornbread.
>
> Any suggestions? My other idea was to add it to enchiladas suizas. Any

help
> would be appreciated as I have one can left over and I don't want to waste
> it.

My favorite is to dab a few spoonfuls in the middle of a lightly fried corn
tortilla, flip the tortilla in half to make a quesadilla, let it fry a bit
more, then eat it with nothing else but the huitlacoche and tortilla. Do the
same with squash flowers.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:57:55 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> wrote:

>"Twentylettersintotal" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone have recipes with Huitlacoche?
>>
>> I've made rice, omelets, and oddly enough cornbread.
>>
>> Any suggestions? My other idea was to add it to enchiladas suizas. Any

>help
>> would be appreciated as I have one can left over and I don't want to waste
>> it.
>>

>My favorite is to dab a few spoonfuls in the middle of a lightly fried corn
>tortilla, flip the tortilla in half to make a quesadilla, let it fry a bit
>more, then eat it with nothing else but the huitlacoche and tortilla. Do the
>same with squash flowers.

I'll second Wayne on that. Simnple is best. While visiting the Jose
Cuervo facility in Tequila, Jal., they served simple rolled tacos with
huitlacoche in lightly fried corn tortillas. Serve with a relatively
mild salsa.

jim

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"ensenadajim" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:57:55 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Twentylettersintotal" > wrote in message
>>> Does anyone have recipes with Huitlacoche?
>>>
>>> I've made rice, omelets, and oddly enough cornbread.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? My other idea was to add it to enchiladas suizas. Any

>>help
>>> would be appreciated as I have one can left over and I don't want to
>>> waste
>>> it.
>>>

>>My favorite is to dab a few spoonfuls in the middle of a lightly fried
>>corn
>>tortilla, flip the tortilla in half to make a quesadilla, let it fry a bit
>>more, then eat it with nothing else but the huitlacoche and tortilla. Do
>>the
>>same with squash flowers.
>>

> I'll second Wayne on that. Simnple is best. While visiting the Jose
> Cuervo facility in Tequila, Jal., they served simple rolled tacos with
> huitlacoche in lightly fried corn tortillas. Serve with a relatively
> mild salsa.

I added it to cornbread, it made it a horrible color but was still pretty
good. I wonder if it can be added to masa to make tamales, or used as a
filling for tamales.

I agree that simple is better because it is a very light flavor. My best
success has been to just cook it into rice and cook it dry. A good side dish
or addition to an omelet.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Good with omelets!

"Twentylettersintotal" > wrote in message

> "ensenadajim" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:57:55 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> > > wrote:

> >>help
> >>>
> >>My favorite is to dab a few spoonfuls in the middle of a lightly fried
> >>corn
> >>tortilla, flip the tortilla in half to make a quesadilla, let it fry a

bit
> >>more, then eat it with nothing else but the huitlacoche and tortilla. Do
> >>the
> >>same with squash flowers.
> >>

> > I'll second Wayne on that. Simnple is best. While visiting the Jose
> > Cuervo facility in Tequila, Jal., they served simple rolled tacos with
> > huitlacoche in lightly fried corn tortillas. Serve with a relatively
> > mild salsa.

> I added it to cornbread, it made it a horrible color but was still pretty
> good. I wonder if it can be added to masa to make tamales, or used as a
> filling for tamales.
>
> I agree that simple is better because it is a very light flavor. My best
> success has been to just cook it into rice and cook it dry. A good side

dish
> or addition to an omelet.

Huitlacoche Para Quesadillas International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 11-06-2008 03:02 AM
Huitlacoche Nellie General Cooking 4 13-11-2006 02:49 AM
Huitlacoche in UK? James Mexican Cooking 3 19-10-2006 09:49 PM
huitlacoche chipotle Mexican Cooking 5 14-08-2006 12:50 AM
Agucates Rellenos de Huitlacoche (Huitlacoche (or mushrooms)-Stuffed Avocados from Puebla) MrFalafel Vegan 0 06-10-2003 12:15 PM