Welcome to FoodBanter.com
Welcome to [ARG:3 UNDEFINED] forums which provide access to the finest food and drink related newsgroups.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most newsgroup discussions and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics to the food related newsgroups, communicate privately with other [ARG:3 UNDEFINED] members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

  Forum Threads Posts Last Post
Food and Cooking
General Cooking (10 Viewing)
(rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.
79,325Threads 1,426,901
by Cindy Hamilton[_2_]
Today 03:07 PM Go to last post
Baking (1 Viewing)
(rec.food.baking) For bakers, would-be bakers, and fans and consumers of breads, pastries, cakes, pies, cookies, crackers, bagels, and other items commonly found in a bakery. Includes all methods of preparation, both conventional and not.
2,600Threads 13,988
by [email protected]
31-03-2017 04:26 PM Go to last post
(alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.
6,507Threads 8,135
by [email protected]
03-02-2017 07:18 PM Go to last post
(rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.
17,384Threads 17,514
by martinnathalie9
04-12-2014 04:49 PM Go to last post
(rec.food.equipment) Discussion of food-related equipment. Includes items used in food preparation and storage, including major and minor appliances, gadgets and utensils, infrastructure, and food- and recipe-related software.
2,673Threads 19,214
by Bruce Alan Wilson
05-04-2017 02:27 PM Go to last post
(rec.food.chocolate) all topics related to eating and making chocolate such as cooking techniques, recipes, history, folklore & source recommendations.
806Threads 3,052
by Bobbie Sellers
29-08-2016 04:45 AM Go to last post
(alt.food.asian) A newsgroup for the discussion of recipes, ingredients, equipment and techniques used specifically in the preparation of Asian foods.
1,287Threads 7,776
by catalpa
19-05-2017 10:58 PM Go to last post
Mexican Cooking (1 Viewing)
(alt.food.mexican-cooking) A newsgroup created for the discussion and sharing of mexican food and recipes.
1,361Threads 7,796
by [email protected]
09-03-2017 05:47 PM Go to last post
(alt.food.sushi) For talking sushi. (Sashimi, wasabi, miso soup, and other elements of the sushi experience are valid topics.) Sushi is a broad topic; discussions range from preparation to methods of eating to favorite kinds to good restaurants.
1,112Threads 10,600
by Dan Logcher[_2_]
06-04-2017 04:18 PM Go to last post
(alt.food.barbecue) Discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to salmon to vegetables.
7,495Threads 77,561
by PitMeister
26-05-2017 07:17 PM Go to last post
Vegetarian cooking (1 Viewing)
(rec.food.veg.cooking) Discussion of matters related to the procurement, preparation, cooking, nutritional value and eating of vegetarian foods.
447Threads 1,925
by ksana
13-11-2014 12:23 AM Go to last post
(alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!
2,636Threads 42,545
by HealthNetworks®
22-01-2017 09:18 AM Go to last post
Diabetic (1 Viewing)
(alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.
3,058Threads 26,271
by Julie Bove[_2_]
09-05-2017 02:55 AM Go to last post
(rec.food.preserving) Devoted to the discussion of recipes, equipment, and techniques of food preservation. Techniques that should be discussed in this forum include canning, freezing, dehydration, pickling, smoking, salting, and distilling.
3,860Threads 28,629
by George Shirley[_3_]
29-04-2017 01:55 PM Go to last post
(rec.food.sourdough) Discussing the hobby or craft of baking with sourdough. We are not just a recipe group, Our charter is to discuss the care, feeding, and breeding of yeasts and lactobacilli that make up sourdough cultures.
2,640Threads 20,176
by graham[_4_]
02-02-2017 04:53 AM Go to last post
(rec.food.historic) Discussing and discovering how food was made and prepared way back when--From ancient times down until (& possibly including or even going slightly beyond) the times when industrial revolution began to change our lives.
587Threads 3,024
by Travis McGee
06-07-2016 09:42 AM Go to last post
(rec.food.restaurants) Providing a location-independent forum for the discussion of restaurants and dining out in general, and for the collection of information about good dining spots in remote locations.
1,000Threads 3,734
by [email protected]
15-01-2017 06:59 PM Go to last post
Marketplace (1 Viewing)
(rec.food.marketplace) The ONLY place to advertise. Appropriate for posting offers to buy, sell, trade, or give away food and food-related products and services. Commercial establishments posts no more than once every two weeks.
765Threads 991
by Taxed and Spent
10-04-2017 01:01 AM Go to last post
Drinking
(rec.food.drink) For general discussions related to drink that are NOT appropriate for other forums.
864Threads 2,285
by [email protected]
20-08-2016 02:16 AM Go to last post
(rec.drink.beer) Discussing various aspects of that fine beverage referred to as beer. Including interesting beers and beer styles, opinions on tastes and ingredients, reviews of brewpubs and breweries & suggestions about where to shop.
1,618Threads 8,011
by [email protected]
08-05-2017 08:21 PM Go to last post
(alt.food.wine) Devoted to the discussion of wine and wine-related topics. A place to read and comment about wines, wine and food matching, storage systems, wine paraphernalia, etc. In general, any topic related to wine is valid fodder for the group.
11,424Threads 61,854
by Eric Lafontaine[_2_]
18-05-2017 10:04 PM Go to last post
(rec.crafts.winemaking) Discussion of the process, recipes, tips, techniques and general exchange of lore on the process, methods and history of wine making. Includes traditional grape wines, sparkling wines & champagnes.
5,226Threads 34,132
by [email protected]
20-05-2017 10:26 AM Go to last post
Tea
(rec.drink.tea) Discussion relating to tea, the world's second most consumed beverage (after water), made by infusing or boiling the leaves of the tea plant (C. sinensis or close relatives) in water.
3,990Threads 32,884
by [email protected]
19-05-2017 09:48 AM Go to last post
(rec.drink.coffee) Discussing coffee. This includes selection of brands, methods of making coffee, etc. Discussion about coffee in other forms (e.g. desserts) is acceptable.
803Threads 3,049
by Michael Cox
31-01-2017 07:54 AM Go to last post
About this forum
Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.
32Threads 78
by contract-chef
01-04-2014 04:04 PM Go to last post
What's Going On?