Olivers

Default To Excite Appetite & Argument

I sit here, the sun having on this hot day sunk well below the yardarm,
enjoying a mild intoxicant, ready to cook.

I share my plans with you....

The fire is radiant, dry white oak and pecan reduced to a white-ashed fiery
red glow. The grill is cleaned, oiled lightly and ready to receive (in no
certain order):

Strips of pork loin, marinated overnight in amixture of a little olive oil,
sour orange juice, key lime juic, pineapple juice, much garlic, black
pepper.

Halves of Japanese eggplant
Halves of small tender zuchinni
sections of red, green and yellow bell peppers
Green onions/scallions, tips removed but most of the tops left
Thick slices of "Sweet" onions

.....all of the above to be lightly dressed with a dollop of good olive oil,
a little lime, and black pepper, little more than a "de-stick" coating,
although the eggplant absorbs good olive oil at a rate to make a jannissary
commissary blush.

Then all exposed over a fire of such heat that only moments pass between
raw and ready.

Beside the above on service....

A forceful interpretation of "Chimichurri", more olive oil, sea salt ,
ground black pepper, sour orange, lime and lemon juice, a little white wine
vinegar, enough garlic to rid the Carpathians of undesirables, chopped
shallots, a couple of chopped jalapenos, some tomatillos, and several
handfuls of parsley, all slowly emulsified into a sort of "lawn-colored"
thick sauce.

A simple salad, naught but halved cherry tomatoes and crumbled Feta

A sack of good bagettes

....and hopefully a decent selection of boisterous and edgy white wines (the
sort which may go unremarked but with the bottles always empty) provided by
my guests, harshly charged to stand and deliver.

For afters....

Fresh "native" peaches, the small "Indian Reds" now entering their all to
brief season, almost unpeelable because of their juiciness, their flavore
accentuated by an hour or two bath in a secret dressing, a little sweet
orange juice, confectioner's sugar and heavy brandy whisked together, to be
served with just enough creme fraiche to meld the flavors or good vanilla
ice cream for less sophisticated 'Merkin palates.

A plate of my cousin's unmatched little crisp molasses/ginger cookies.

My father, now gone for 12 years, but in his time a gourmand of substantial
appetites, may well rise from his quiet corner beneath the oaks, if the
aromas drift so far...

TM "Gross appetites for subtle pleasures" Oliver

dolo

Olivers > wrote in
:

> I sit here, the sun having on this hot day sunk well below the
> yardarm, enjoying a mild intoxicant, ready to cook.
>
> I share my plans with you....

D*mn. Can I come over next weekend? I'll wear a bikini( or maybe not),
and bring Tokaji Aszu 6 putts.

Bob (this one)

Olivers wrote:

> I sit here, the sun having on this hot day sunk well below the yardarm,
> enjoying a mild intoxicant, ready to cook.
>
> I share my plans with you....
>
> The fire is radiant, dry white oak and pecan reduced to a white-ashed fiery
> red glow. The grill is cleaned, oiled lightly and ready to receive (in no
> certain order):

Lovely. Nothing to argue about and much to be excited about.

Pastorio

Fitzdraco

"Olivers" > wrote in message
> I sit here, the sun having on this hot day sunk well below the yardarm,
> enjoying a mild intoxicant, ready to cook.
>
> I share my plans with you....

I hate you Kenny.
Back to the Ramen to see if one really can get scuvey from eating only that.

Tom Cikoski

In > Olivers > writes:

>I sit here, the sun having on this hot day sunk well below the yardarm,
>enjoying a mild intoxicant, ready to cook.

>I share my plans with you....

Yo, dawg, do I ever know whatcha mean!

I just finished the better part of a half pint of Carstairs. There's
a twelve pack of "Milwaukee's Best" coolin' in the creek. I got
better'n half a pack of Oscar Meyer bologna that the cats ain't
got into yet -- and a nearly-fresh loaf of Wonder Bread that only
the end pieces are startin' to turn. There's a "Three's Company"
marathon on the local UHF channel 92 (if'n I can get the tin foil
wrap lined up right), and the latest copy of Hustler is in at
the 7-11. Life is good!

--
( )_( )
\. ./

Charles Bishop

In article >, Tom Cikoski
> wrote:

[a day in the life]

and then-

( )_( )
\. ./
_=.=_ -- <sings>
"
^?

Does Splinter sport a goatee, or is Perth lurking?

charles, and he has a fine voice as well, a pleasing tenor