Hank Higgens

Default Recipes for Dino-burgers

I think our ancestors had great supplies or dinosaur meat and there
must be great recipes for dino-burgers made from various dinosaurs.

With today´s cloning technology, dino meat will be available in a few
years and a good business man could earn lots of $$$ with a
dinosaur-meat restaurant.

What are the best dino-burgers?

Are dino-steaks good?

We´ll see it in a few years...
Opinicus

No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
hunted by one).

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

"Hank Higgens" > wrote in message
m...
> I think our ancestors had great supplies or dinosaur meat and there
> must be great recipes for dino-burgers made from various dinosaurs.
>
> With today´s cloning technology, dino meat will be available in a few
> years and a good business man could earn lots of $$$ with a
> dinosaur-meat restaurant.
>
> What are the best dino-burgers?
>
> Are dino-steaks good?
>
> We´ll see it in a few years...

Olivers

Opinicus muttered....

> No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
> hunted by one).

.......but if you want to experience for yourself what it might have been
like, alligator is readily available in the Louisiana/SETexas area and a
trip to Southern Mexico marketplaces ought to put you in touch with an
iguana taco or two.... ('Gators and Iguana come pretty close to being
dinosaurs of sorts.)

The problem wasn't eating dinosaurs (even had their been folks around to do
it), but having a big enough kitchen and cookstove.

TMO
Bob (this one)

Opinicus wrote:

> No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
> hunted by one).

Oh, sure. I bet you think that wonderful documentary "Godzilla" isn't
true. Probably because you've never seen the devastation in Tokyo.

How about the relentlessly edited and retitled "Voyage to the Planet
of Prehistoric Women/The Gill Women of Venus/The Gill Women." I bet
you're going to say that the fearsome beasts were just people dressed
in dino suits.

And who could forget the poignant, heart-rending tale that unfolds in
"A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell."

John Goodman certainly had a way with dinos in "The Flintstones,"
wouldn't you say?

There's "Pterodactyl Woman from Beverly Hills" and "Dinosaur Babes." I
could go on. I trust you see the errors of your ways.
<http://www.dinosaur.org/MovieHistory.htm>

Pastorio

Opinicus

You forgot Barney.
http://tinyurl.com/82ur

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> Opinicus wrote:
>
> > No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
> > hunted by one).

> Oh, sure. I bet you think that wonderful documentary "Godzilla" isn't
> true. Probably because you've never seen the devastation in Tokyo.
>
> How about the relentlessly edited and retitled "Voyage to the Planet
> of Prehistoric Women/The Gill Women of Venus/The Gill Women." I bet
> you're going to say that the fearsome beasts were just people dressed
> in dino suits.
>
> And who could forget the poignant, heart-rending tale that unfolds in
> "A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell."
>
> John Goodman certainly had a way with dinos in "The Flintstones,"
> wouldn't you say?
>
> There's "Pterodactyl Woman from Beverly Hills" and "Dinosaur Babes." I
> could go on. I trust you see the errors of your ways.
> <http://www.dinosaur.org/MovieHistory.htm>
>
> Pastorio

CS

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:01:01 +0300, "Opinicus" >
wrote:

>You forgot Barney.
>http://tinyurl.com/82ur

Barney on a bun?

-Mike

Comic Books, Gundam Models, Trading Cards, Toys, Puzzles, and more!

http://www.fschobbies.com

R. Yang

"Opinicus" > wrote in message >...
> No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
> hunted by one).

Sure - what about pheasant, turkey, duck, quail?

As for being hunted by one, I'm not clear on the location/time period,
but there were some pretty scary monster birds out there as the
mammals were getting going. Seems reasonable that some primate or
member of the genus Homo got it in the neck at some point from an
avian dino-descendant.

If we clone dinos for chow, it'll be another case of "tastes like
chicken."
Opinicus

"R. Yang" > wrote in message
> "Opinicus" > wrote in message

> > No human being ever saw a living dinosaur much less hunted one (or was
> > hunted by one).

> Sure - what about pheasant, turkey, duck, quail?

If weaccept the theory that birds are the living descendents of dinosaurs,
then yes, quibble noted.

> As for being hunted by one, I'm not clear on the location/time period,
> but there were some pretty scary monster birds out there as the

Well there is Big Bird. And Sinbad's rocs were surely based on something
real?

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

The Living Personification of Evil

>> As for being hunted by one, I'm not clear on the location/time period,
>> but there were some pretty scary monster birds out there as the

>Well there is Big Bird. And Sinbad's rocs were surely based on something
>real?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfact...les/3043.shtml

They had some bigger ones in South America, too. Try the sage and onion
treatment on these bad boys....

Baranduyn

"When Tony gets hungry, things die." Anthony Bourdain, "A Cook's Tour"

bogus address

> there were some pretty scary monster birds out there as the
> mammals were getting going. Seems reasonable that some primate
> or member of the genus Homo got it in the neck at some point
> from an avian dino-descendant.

I think the biggest-ever bird survived into the last millennium -
the Aepyornis of Madagascar, possibly the original of Sinbad's roc.

> If we clone dinos for chow, it'll be another case of "tastes
> like chicken."

The New Zealand moa was not much smaller than an Aepyornis. They
seem to have had even less brain than a chicken and were easy to
hunt by driving them into a swamp and finishing them off with a
stone axe. The usual Maori cooking technique was in an umu (earth
oven), with chunks of meat in flax baskets along with root vegetables.
Everything I've had cooked that way has tasted mainly of earth, but
I suspect a regularly-used umu would dry out and eventually impart
less of that flavour to the food.

========> Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce <========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html> food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Olivers

bogus address muttered....

>> there were some pretty scary monster birds out there as the
>> mammals were getting going. Seems reasonable that some primate
>> or member of the genus Homo got it in the neck at some point
>> from an avian dino-descendant.

> I think the biggest-ever bird survived into the last millennium -
> the Aepyornis of Madagascar, possibly the original of Sinbad's roc.
>
>> If we clone dinos for chow, it'll be another case of "tastes
>> like chicken."

> The New Zealand moa was not much smaller than an Aepyornis. They
> seem to have had even less brain than a chicken and were easy to
> hunt by driving them into a swamp and finishing them off with a
> stone axe. The usual Maori cooking technique was in an umu (earth
> oven), with chunks of meat in flax baskets along with root vegetables.
> Everything I've had cooked that way has tasted mainly of earth, but
> I suspect a regularly-used umu would dry out and eventually impart
> less of that flavour to the food.

Well, other than what used to lard, baste, season or inject it, turkey is
not noted for great natural flavor (although wild birds cover a broad
spectrum depending on their local diets, all the way from acorns to
mesquite beans and plenty of waystops in between, including those
landowners not adverse to a bit of corn for the game).

There's the answer...

Recreate dinosaur for the dinner table.

Berl a big skinny turkey.

Actually, I suspect that gator, pretty gross looking raw, but cooking up
nice and white, probably is close, and the big iguana of Mexico are more
chicken than frog.

TMO