Old 06-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Bob Pastorio

Default [Fwd: [SavoryFare] Chocolate processing: A request for information]

Anybody...

Pastorio

Date: Tuesday 06 April 2004 12:23 am
From: "Tom Woods"
To: "ALHFAM List"

Hi ALHFAM listers,

On behalf of living history colleagues and friends, Virginia and Nick
Westbrook, from Ft. Ticonderoga, I am posting their request for
information on chocolate. You can post it to the list for

information purposes,
but please also send it to Nick directly, since they are not

currently list
members.
Thanks,
Tom Woods

The history of the origins of chocolate and its adoption five centuries
ago by European cultures has been explored in recent scholarship.
But the story of North American imports, processing, sale and
consumption is still largely unexplored. As part of a collaborative
effort to interpret this story, Fort Ticonderoga would like to hear
from food historians, scholars, or interested researchers who have
an interest in exploring this topic. Please send letters of interest
to Nicholas Westbrook, Director, Fort Ticonderoga, P.O. Box 390,
Ticonderoga, NY 12883 or
.