ASmith1946

Default Rules for this News Group?

Here's my short list of rules for this NG, which I will try to follow:

1) criticizing posters' ideas, logic, facts, etc., is completely appropriate,
but ad hominem arguments, name calling, etc., is inappropriate;

2) political comments unrelated to food history (as important as they may be
otherwise) are inappropriate here;

3) civility should be our basic operating value (although I understand that
we're all tempted to violate this on occasion).

For those who violate the above, my response will be to ignore their comments.

Andy Smith

Kate Dicey

ASmith1946 wrote:

> Here's my short list of rules for this NG, which I will try to follow:
>
> 1) criticizing posters' ideas, logic, facts, etc., is completely appropriate,
> but ad hominem arguments, name calling, etc., is inappropriate;
>
> 2) political comments unrelated to food history (as important as they may be
> otherwise) are inappropriate here;
>
> 3) civility should be our basic operating value (although I understand that
> we're all tempted to violate this on occasion).
>
> For those who violate the above, my response will be to ignore their comments.
>
> Andy Smith

That's more or less how I work. I have an excellent troll soup recipe,
if anyone wants it... Very ancient, historical recipe, at least six
months old!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Alf Christophersen

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:18:41 +0000, Kate Dicey
> wrote:

>That's more or less how I work. I have an excellent troll soup recipe,
>if anyone wants it... Very ancient, historical recipe, at least six
>months old!

Coming from the home country of trolls, I would bet such a soup would
taste quite moldy and perhaps also soil-like or maybe some
clay-taste?.

Read the stories of Asbjørnsen and Moe about the trolls, illustrated
by Kittelsen :-) !!