Home, Home On The Mu_n

Default Moderate-fat Diet Is Kinder To Heart Than Low-fat Diet

Poor John. Here's a guy who practices (...or does he. He didn't say he
was a psychologist, he says that he has the degree. That's where they
teach you to say, "Would you like fries with that?" until you get the
advanced degrees. Then they teach you to write grant proposals to
study rats and planaria and such.)...

Scientists are stupid. Right, John. They just have millennia of
successful accomplishment of defining and understanding the physical
world. Little better record than psychologists who have essentially
become statisticians recording what already happened. 20-20 hindsight
through jargon-colored glasses...

> All I can say Geek is that your own words, are making you look pretty
> damn stupid at this moment.
>
> Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

Give it a rest, John. All you're doing is making pronouncements, just
like Chung and Mu_shroom. No backup. No solid information. Matti
provides that and you don't. See the difference?

>>I am with the authors of the study and
>>stand by my earlier statement that the most common definition for
>>very-low-fat diet is 15% or less calories from fat and for the low-fat-diet
>>15-30% calories from fat.

> Need I remind you that the subject of this THREAD is that idiot
> citation of YOURS that tried to suggest that a 18% Fat diet was a
> Low-Fat diet.

18% fat is a low-fat diet by any intelligent, knowledgeable
definition.

> STOP trying to weasel your way out of your Tom Foolery, Geek!

Tomfoolery is one word. And it would apply more to your behavior than
Matti's:

TOMFOOLERY
Pronunciation: `tm'fooluree
WordNet Dictionary
Definition: [n] foolish or senseless behavior
Synonyms: folly, foolery, indulgence
See Also: buffoonery, caper, clowning, frivolity, frolic, gambol,
harlequinade, play, prank, romp

> And, kindly STOP abusing the English language. Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

It's *an* 18% fat diet... low-fat diet (no caps necessary). And it's
tomfoolery. You might want to look into your use of the language
before trying that lame insult approach. You sound like Chung now.

> Low Fat Diets are 30% Fat.

Low-fat diets BEGIN at 30% by some definitions. Less than 30% is, by
logical extension and further definition, low fat, too. Anything below
30% is logically low in fat.

> All educated people agree on this.

Sorry, John. You can't speak for "all" of any group of people. And, in
this case, there are sincere disagreements amongst knowledgeable
people about the threshold of what constitutes a low fat diet. Read
the citations instead of pontificating.

> --
> John Gohde,
> Feeling Great and Better than Ever!
>
> Natural health is an eclectic self-care system of natural therapies
> that builds and restores health by working with the natural
> recuperative powers of the human body.
> http://tutorials.naturalhealthperspe...efinition.html

Uh, right.

Bob

Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.