Old 11-02-2004, 01:52 PM
ASmith1946

Default Cheese Steaks?

A debris sandwich is a wonderful...

Andrew:

What a wonderful phrase-- "debris sandwich"!

Andy Smith

Old 11-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Olivers

ASmith1946 muttered....

A debris sandwich is a wonderful...

Andrew:

What a wonderful phrase-- "debris sandwich"!

Andy Smith

"Debris" is a uniquely NewOrleanian sort of thing....all the bits and
pieces left over from carving a slow roasted round or sirloin if beef,
bathed in the "jus" and certainly absorbing more flavor, etc.

TMO
Old 11-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Andrew Fenton

ASmith1946 wrote:

What a wonderful phrase-- "debris sandwich"!

No doubt. New Orleans sandwich names are as lyrical as they
are tasty: debris, oyster po'boy, muffuletta...

I like Cajun and Creole food as much or more than the next
guy, but when I visited New Orleans, I ate better at lunch
than at any other meal.

-Andrew

Old 13-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Dr Pepper

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:29:40 +0100, Alf Christophersen
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:20:23 -0600, Olivers
wrote:

The closest Mexican dish must have been the Northern Mexican favorite
"queso flameado", sort of a oven melted rarebit with browned crumbled

An ingredient needed in a dish to be real mexican is Salmonella,
giving you the Montezuma revenge effect. Very important component of
all mexican dishes :-)

True only of the "South of the border" dishes.

The term, , , "Don't drink the water" is law, thats why I always drink
cervesa whey in mexico. If there is no bottled water available I have
even brushed my teeth with beer, and I'm not a big beer drinker.

Ron C.
Old 13-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Dr Pepper

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:10:09 GMT, "Bryan J. Maloney"
wrote:

Frogleg nattered on
om:

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:05:02 GMT, schachmal
wrote:

I think it has something to do with philly cream cheese. Can someone
explain?

Philadephia, yes; cream cheese, no. The 'authentic' ingredient seems
to often be another Kraft product -- jarred (or presurrized can?)
Cheese Whiz

Whiz on cheesesteak? Go back to Ohio, buckeye, boy!

Well, , , ,, ,
These Philly Cheese steak sandwhiches are sold in only two places I
know of, they are accross the street from each other, and are standup
lunch counters where you get them at a counter, and they are all very
messy, and dribble all over the place.

I've forgotten the names of the places, but they are the true
deliverers of the one and only PCS sandwhich.

They are both very good, but I haven't been to Philly since 1986, so I
don't know if theyare still there.

Ron C.

Old 14-02-2004, 02:38 AM
Andrew Fenton

Dr Pepper wrote:

Well, , , ,, ,
These Philly Cheese steak sandwhiches are sold in only two places I
know of, they are accross the street from each other, and are standup
lunch counters where you get them at a counter, and they are all very
messy, and dribble all over the place.

I've forgotten the names of the places, but they are the true
deliverers of the one and only PCS sandwhich.

It sounds as if you're describing Pat's and Geno's, at the corner of 9th
and Passyunk. Pat's is generally acknowledged as the originator of the
cheesesteak, and these are the places where visiting politicians, etc.,
come to visit when they are in Philadelphia.

But "the one and only cheeesteak"? Arrant nonsense. While important for
historical reasons, these places aren't even close to serving the best
cheesesteaks in Philadelphia.

-Andrew