FoodBanter.com

-   Historic (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/)
-   -   Horn And Hardart: (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/8133-horn-hardart.html)

kjw 29-01-2004 12:44 PM

Horn And Hardart:

I remember the one over in the Mount Vernon shopping center years
ago,back in the late 60's.They were great,and their rice pudding was
scrumptious,and the best around,and their eelephant ears were out of
this world.Whatever became of them? Did they go out of business
everywhere,or are there some still around today?All this talk of
desserts is whetting my appettite,and making me hungry now.Yummy.

J. Otto Tennant 30-01-2004 07:28 AM

Horn And Hardart:

(kjw) writes:

>I remember the one over in the Mount Vernon shopping center years
>ago,back in the late 60's.They were great,and their rice pudding was
>scrumptious,and the best around,and their eelephant ears were out of
>this world.Whatever became of them? Did they go out of business
>everywhere,or are there some still around today?All this talk of
>desserts is whetting my appettite,and making me hungry now.Yummy.

So far as I know, Horn and Hardart went out of business, everywere,
sometime in the mid 1970's. The company tried to keep a "Horn and
Hardart" in Philadephia, with little success.

However, the company will never be forgotten, thanks to P.D.Q. Bach's
"Concerto for Horn and Hardart."
--
J.Otto Tennant

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.
Charter Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy