Old 19-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Keith Ginger

Default Mrs Beeton On-Line

Hey, this used to be a lively site. Perhaps me just "using" it was wrong!
THAT WILL CHANGE! For all of you out there who missed Mrs Beeton on-line,
here is a link:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au...ton/household/

It is BRILLIANT!

I want more interaction in this group, it is NOT all about history, although
that is important too.

Mail me, privately or through the group.

Old 19-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Kate Dicey

Keith Ginger wrote:

Hey, this used to be a lively site. Perhaps me just "using" it was wrong!
THAT WILL CHANGE! For all of you out there who missed Mrs Beeton on-line,
here is a link:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au...ton/household/

It is BRILLIANT!

I want more interaction in this group, it is NOT all about history, although
that is important too.

Mail me, privately or through the group.

Food history id good! Anyone out there tried to make one of her
dinners, using just her recipes?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old 19-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Arri London

Kate Dicey wrote:

Keith Ginger wrote:

Hey, this used to be a lively site. Perhaps me just "using" it was wrong!
THAT WILL CHANGE! For all of you out there who missed Mrs Beeton on-line,
here is a link:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au...ton/household/

It is BRILLIANT!

I want more interaction in this group, it is NOT all about history, although
that is important too.

Mail me, privately or through the group.

Food history id good! Anyone out there tried to make one of her
dinners, using just her recipes?
--
Kate XXXXXX

Wouldn't dream of it. Most of her dinners seem to involve having a cook
and/or servant. Have used her individual recipes on occasion.
Old 19-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Kate Dicey

Arri London wrote:

Wouldn't dream of it. Most of her dinners seem to involve having a cook
and/or servant. Have used her individual recipes on occasion.

You mean you haven't roped the whole samily in a slaves? You ole
softy! ;P

I've had fun doing roman and Mediaeval dinners, but have yet to try a
Victorian one...
Old 20-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Arri London

Kate Dicey wrote:

Arri London wrote:

Wouldn't dream of it. Most of her dinners seem to involve having a cook
and/or servant. Have used her individual recipes on occasion.

You mean you haven't roped the whole samily in a slaves? You ole
softy! ;P

I've had fun doing roman and Mediaeval dinners, but have yet to try a
Victorian one...
--
Kate XXXXXX

LOL! If the rest of the family were better cooks and knew how to serve
properly, I wouldn't need to do it, now would I?

Used to do Mediaeval dinners as well when I dabbled in SCA, but haven't
done that since.

Old 20-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:42:40 +0000, Kate Dicey
wrote:

Arri London wrote:

Wouldn't dream of it. Most of her dinners seem to involve having a cook
and/or servant. Have used her individual recipes on occasion.

You mean you haven't roped the whole samily in a slaves? You ole
softy! ;P

I've had fun doing roman and Mediaeval dinners, but have yet to try a
Victorian one...

Did you see 'The 1900 House'? The labor involved must have been
collosal.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/1900house/ho...hen/index.html

'The Manor House' was Edwardian, but even with a troop of servants,
couldn't have been easy to entertain.

http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/treats/index.html

Geez, I love electricity -- light, refrigeration, vacuum cleaner,
washer, light.
Old 20-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

Arri London wrote:

Wouldn't dream of it. Most of her dinners seem to involve having a cook
and/or servant. Have used her individual recipes on occasion.

You mean you haven't roped the whole samily in a slaves? You ole
softy! ;P

I've had fun doing roman and Mediaeval dinners, but have yet to try a
Victorian one...

Did you see 'The 1900 House'? The labor involved must have been
collosal.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/1900house/ho...hen/index.html

'The Manor House' was Edwardian, but even with a troop of servants,
couldn't have been easy to entertain.

http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/treats/index.html

Geez, I love electricity -- light, refrigeration, vacuum cleaner,
washer, light.

The one I liked best recently was No 54, which took you all through the
life of a house and showed the different kitchens and food as well as
the rest of the house.