Opinicus

Default What every kitchen needs...

http://www.smartinventions.com/Egg.asp

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse
http://kanyak.com

dolo

"Opinicus" > wrote in
:

> http://www.smartinventions.com/Egg.asp

"Wolllllaaaa!!"

Oh, I *want* one! No, two!
Lazarus Cooke

In article >, dolo
> wrote:

> "Opinicus" > wrote in
> :
>
> > http://www.smartinventions.com/Egg.asp
> >

> "Wolllllaaaa!!"
>
> Oh, I *want* one! No, two!

I know. I share the feeling. One's not enough.

Get peeling, guys! How did i ever manage?

Remover the rock from the email address
bogus address

"Opinicus" > writes:
> http://www.smartinventions.com/Egg.asp

Yeah, but that was easy, wasn't it. Now find us a URL for a supplier
of "long egg" machines...

========> Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce <========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html> food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Opinicus

"bogus address" > wrote in message

> Yeah, but that was easy, wasn't it. Now find us a URL for a supplier
> of "long egg" machines...

"Long egg"? "Long pigs" I've heard of but "long egg"?

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

bogus address

>> Now find us a URL for a supplier of "long egg" machines...

> "Long egg"? "Long pigs" I've heard of but "long egg"?

There is a British food called Grosvenor Pie, which is a pork
pie with a hard-boiled egg in the middle. For catering uses,
they make extra-long ones (more than a foot long) designed
to be sliced. In the middle of each slice of pie there is a
slice of hard-boiled egg, with the yolk concentric with the
white, with every slice having the same cross-section. "Long
egg" is what makes this possible - firms that make Grosvenor
pies can buy or make tubular hard-boiled eggs. I presume they
are made by some simultaneous extrusion/cooking process but
I've no idea what it is. (One possibility that comes to mind
is enclosing the yolk in an extra-long biodegradable condom
before hard-boiling the whole thing).

I have sometimes wondered if this product was the inspiration
for the eternal chicken in Pohl and Kornbluth's dystopia "The
Space Merchants".

I have once heard that the British egg industry briefly produced
cubical eggs in the Fifties to save on packaging. Since they
could only come hard-boiled they had limited usefulness.

========> Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce <========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html> food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Opinicus

"dei" > wrote in message
.40...

> > I have once heard that the British egg industry briefly produced
> > cubical eggs in the Fifties to save on packaging. Since they
> > could only come hard-boiled they had limited usefulness.

> "wollllaaaahhh!"
> http://www.poste-haste.com/store/cat...&product_id=41

I'll see your wollllaaaahhh! and raise it a few Barks:
http://ksacomics.com/square/eggs.htm

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

bogus address

>>> Now find us a URL for a supplier of "long egg" machines...

> http://www.danaeg.dk/eggsite-dk/engl...ter/langag.asp

But - how do they do it? When is Innovations going to start
listing a Home Long Egg Maker?

I was disappointed to see how short those on the website were.
I was expecting something like a drum from a cable-laying ship
with kilometres of long egg wound round it.

========> Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce <========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html> food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Brian Macke

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:27:18 +0000, bogus address wrote:

> I was disappointed to see how short those on the website were. I was
> expecting something like a drum from a cable-laying ship with kilometres
> of long egg wound round it.

I find it sad that the long egg has modified food starch in it, suggesting
that some with severe gluten allergies would not be able to eat it.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which

Kate Dicey

Brian Macke wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:27:18 +0000, bogus address wrote:
>
> > I was disappointed to see how short those on the website were. I was
> > expecting something like a drum from a cable-laying ship with kilometres
> > of long egg wound round it.

> I find it sad that the long egg has modified food starch in it, suggesting
> that some with severe gluten allergies would not be able to eat it.

They wouldn't be able to eat the pork pies anyway...

The BEST long pork pies are made with ordinary fresh hard boiled eggs.
Part of the fun is to argue over who got more egg in their slice...
They call them Gala pies up along the East Coast.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk