FoodBanter.com

-   Historic (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/)
-   -   Food holidays (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/8056-re-food-holidays.html)

Frogleg 05-10-2003 04:46 PM

Food holidays

Almost all. As with most holidays everywhere in the world, US holidays
are often associated with special food. Thanksgiving may be the most
food-centric day, but Birthdays require cake&ice cream; Hallowe'en
means candy; 4th of July is for picnics and cookouts; Easter means
ham or lamb (+ the HB egg thing); Christmas dinner requires a feast of
some sort; and number of holidays of many religions involve ritial
meals. Civil occasions also have food associations: wedding cake,
post-funeral buffet; wedding rehersal dinner; wedding reception, etc.
In fact, the only occasion I can think of that *isn't* firmly
associated with food is a christening.

bogus address 06-10-2003 01:51 AM

Food holidays

In article >
Frogleg > writes:
> [...]

No I bloody well didn't.

Mistakes like that are why I don't usually attribute postings any
more. Better no attribution than risk wrongly accusing a specific
person of posting something that silly.

========> Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce <========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html> food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Frogleg 06-10-2003 01:37 PM

Food holidays

On 6 Oct 2003 00:51:32 GMT, (bogus address)
wrote:

>No I bloody well didn't.
>
>Mistakes like that are why I don't usually attribute postings any
>more. Better no attribution than risk wrongly accusing a specific
>person of posting something that silly.

Sorry. I generally revert to "someone posted" when the attribution
seems unclear. I suppose you *did* have some input to the thread,
'though not in the way I quoted.