cjra

Default Historic Kitchen reno - update

Thanks to all for the comments and advice.

Update: decided to ditch the antique stove, it likely won't work given
space limitations and the weight (pier and beam foundation).

Compromise on fitted vs unfitted kitchen. Fitted cabinets on bottom,
open shelving on top. Lose DH's table and put in a movable butcher
block sort of island with cabinets and stools. Also a hutch or
something similar along one wall by the pantry, and a cabinet in the
dining room for dishes. Maybe even a pot rack but not sure...I'm still
worried about the dust. The open shelves would be for our Le Crueset
and other stuff with lids.

As for the house - this is what we're working with:
Not quite sure what style this is. Built c.1890-1905 in San Antonio.
http://tinyurl.com/5bh9v

looking from the dining room to the entry hall http://tinyurl.com/4od8o

the original dining room was between the kitchen and living room,but
we'll use that as a study and guest room:
http://tinyurl.com/5kl6l

The kitchen - pantry on left, butler's pantry on right with built in
cabinets and shelves (the junk was the previous owner's, not ours!):
http://tinyurl.com/6fkdj

Cabinets and stove are out, space will likely be used for the fridge +
small butcher block table.
http://tinyurl.com/467h7

After some cleaning - the cabinets are now gone. Our major problem -
the window is lost space. Moving it up would just be more money than we
can invest right now.
http://tinyurl.com/5fq5m