Posted to rec.food.historic

Default chewing gum

On Tuesday, July 21, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, A.Ferszt wrote:
> I'm interested in the history of chewing gum (for arcane reasons of my
> own).
>
> While I know that various cultures have chewed various resins throughout
> the ages, how did the current product get started, and what made it so
> popular in the US? For so much of the world chewing gum seems to equate
> with Americans.
>
> Thanks
> AF

look at the podcast "American Innovations" for the whole story including General Santa Ana's part I n it..

Chewing and Swallowing Green Tea Leaves George Cherry Tea 33 16-10-2007 11:10 PM
Chewing and Swallowing Green Tea Leaves dank Tea 3 23-09-2007 02:27 PM
LB's in chewing gum... Will Sourdough 0 22-08-2006 02:41 AM
All Natural Chewing Gum gleegum.com Marketplace 0 05-08-2005 07:37 AM
Chewing gum? Greg Preserving 4 22-10-2003 05:09 AM