Posted to rec.food.historic

Default Online Books

Tim W wrote:
> I was looking for Classical French Cuisine online. The works of Antonin
> Careme or some other authority on French Cooking. Can't find it, can anyone
> help? If you wanted to look up for instance exactly what goes into a
> Bechamel or what a Julienne is and you wanted the orthodox, old fashioned
> established answer and not a tv chef's instructions where could you find
> that kind of info?
>
> Tim W

Have you tried searching in google books? I looked up Carême and
got a mere 382K hits. I am not sure what would serve your
purposes though. The newer books, which I am pondering, would not
be available online.

--
Jean B.

Books bulka[_2_] General Cooking 0 21-04-2009 04:06 AM
Looking for Cook recipes, books online FabianG General Cooking 0 12-12-2006 08:53 PM
Ads; books Sammy Wine 7 16-10-2006 02:37 PM
books on tea? Ole Kvaal Tea 31 16-02-2005 06:26 AM
books? rosie General Cooking 2 15-12-2003 02:06 PM