Old 12-11-2009, 11:12 AM posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic

Default Cafe Vegetaria, Edinburgh 1911

In article ,
(Richard Tobin) wrote:

In article ,
Sam Wilson wrote:
Remember, a nice fresh salad is still alive when you crunch into it.

"Vegatables aren't food. Vegatables are what food eats."

http://www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/~ercm20/pix/veggies.jpg

Sam

Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic
Ian Ian is offline

On 12 Nov, 11:12, Sam Wilson wrote:
In article ,
(Richard Tobin) wrote:

In article ,
Sam Wilson wrote:
Remember, a nice fresh salad is still alive when you crunch into it.

"Vegatables aren't food. *Vegatables are what food eats."

http://www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/~ercm20/pix/veggies.jpg

That's the window of the butcher's shop in Machynlleth - there to
provoke the trustafarian drop-out community (George Monbiot lives
there) as much as sell meat.

Ian
Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic

In article ,
Ian wrote:

George Monbiot

The poor chap has a name that sounds like a multinational agrichemical
corporation.

-- Richard
Old 13-11-2009, 07:10 AM posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic

On 12 Nov, 04:21, (Windmill) wrote:
"Zimmy" writes:
Shock horror, there have always been vegetarians and Henderson's didn't
invent it. What I want to know is why when a vegetarian comes to a
restaurant with me, they can have the vegetarian option, but when I go to
Henderson's with them and ask for the meat option, they look at me as if I'm
mad?

They're missing out on a good thing, then. Because if you take a
vegetarian anything, over which much effort has to be devoted to make
it tasty, and _just_ _add_ _meat_, *it becomes utterly delicious!

Someone who obviously didn't know any better gave my wife a copy of
Linda McCartney's Recipe Book some years ago. I take great delight in
serving some of the recipes as accompaniments to a nice juicy steak.

--
Halmyre
Old 16-11-2009, 03:20 PM posted to ed.general,rec.food.historic

In article
,
Ian wrote:

On 12 Nov, 11:12, Sam Wilson wrote:
http://www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/~ercm20/pix/veggies.jpg

That's the window of the butcher's shop in Machynlleth ...

Well spotted, sir!

Sam