Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic

Default Feeding America - an Excellent Resource for Historical Cookbooks

Are you interested in what kind of dishes people cooked in the past?

This website contains American historical cookbooks which are
available in scanned pages, HTLM and XLM or PDF. Quite a few of them
require an expert cook as the measurements are in no way precise as in
modern recipes, but certainly worth browsing.

http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/...oks/index.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic

Dragonblaze wrote:
> Are you interested in what kind of dishes people cooked in the past?
>
> This website contains American historical cookbooks which are
> available in scanned pages, HTLM and XLM or PDF. Quite a few of them
> require an expert cook as the measurements are in no way precise as in
> modern recipes, but certainly worth browsing.
>
> http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/...oks/index.html

Yes, I love that site. It was responsible for propelling me into
collecting old US cookbooks....

--
Jean B.
Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonblaze View Post
Are you interested in what kind of dishes people cooked in the past?

This website contains American historical cookbooks which are
available in scanned pages, HTLM and XLM or PDF. Quite a few of them
require an expert cook as the measurements are in no way precise as in
modern recipes, but certainly worth browsing.

Feeding America
this site will be very beneficial not only to aspiring professional cooks, but also to those who cook for their own personal enjoyment.
http://prochef360blog.com/

Feeding America - an Excellent Resource for Historical Cookbooks Dragonblaze General Cooking 1 27-02-2009 01:44 PM
OT historical note Joseph Coulter Wine 1 02-08-2006 12:11 AM
historical food (TUSCANY) [email protected] Historic 4 07-07-2005 05:58 PM
Historical Comparisons www.factoryfarming.com Barbecue 39 28-03-2004 06:52 AM
best historical reciepe Warren Okuma Historic 19 13-01-2004 06:08 AM