Posted to rec.food.historic

Default another good site for old cookbooks

Hi, all, I found this site yesterday when I was testing a new
search engine. It ranks right up there with the MSU site that I
posted before. I do wish that, like MSU, the books were also in
html, but still it is great to be able to look at the cookbooks.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/digital_books/

And yes, in spite of the URL, the books are almost ALL cookbooks.
--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.historic

Jean B. wrote:
> Hi, all, I found this site yesterday when I was testing a new search
> engine. It ranks right up there with the MSU site that I posted
> before. I do wish that, like MSU, the books were also in html, but
> still it is great to be able to look at the cookbooks.
>
> http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/digital_books/
>
> And yes, in spite of the URL, the books are almost ALL cookbooks.

Thanks Jean - I really love these type of finds.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.historic

Bob Muncie wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Hi, all, I found this site yesterday when I was testing a new search
>> engine. It ranks right up there with the MSU site that I posted
>> before. I do wish that, like MSU, the books were also in html, but
>> still it is great to be able to look at the cookbooks.
>>
>> http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/digital_books/
>>
>> And yes, in spite of the URL, the books are almost ALL cookbooks.

> Thanks Jean - I really love these type of finds.
>
> Bob

So do I--and they are surprisingly difficult to locate.

--
Jean B.