Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

Default Ralph Brennan's Seafood Cookbook Blog

Famous restaurateur Ralph Brennan, owner of Redfish Grill, Bacco,
Ralph's on the Park in New Orleans, and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
at Disneyland, has a Blogspot blog that's been dishing up tasty
postings for over a month now.

http://ralphbrennancookbook.blogspot.com

The blog is pulling content from the newly-published "Ralph Brennan's
New Orleans Seafood Cookbook," co-written by food critic Gene Bourg. A
long-time restaurant critic for the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Bourg
adds historical flavor to the recipes in the book.

The blog is publishing on a daily basis and includes the mouthwatering
photography of Kerri McCaffety, the "color photography Queen of New
Orleans."

The blog posts delve into the culinary culture of the Gulf Coast,
including the history of many popular Creole and Cajun dishes. Anyone
interested in the perfect preparation of seafood will enjoy the lively
writing and breathtaking photos on this blog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

On May 7, 4:38*am, "Steve O'Keefe" > wrote:
> Famous restaurateur Ralph Brennan, owner of Redfish Grill, Bacco,
> Ralph's on the Park in New Orleans, and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
> at Disneyland, has a Blogspot blog that's been dishing up tasty
> postings for over a month now.
>
> http://ralphbrennancookbook.blogspot.com
>
> The blog is pulling content from the newly-published "Ralph Brennan's
> New Orleans Seafood Cookbook," co-written by food critic Gene Bourg. A
> long-time restaurant critic for the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Bourg
> adds historical flavor to the recipes in the book.
>
> The blog is publishing on a daily basis and includes the mouthwatering
> photography of Kerri McCaffety, the "color photography Queen of New
> Orleans."
>
> The blog posts delve into the culinary culture of the Gulf Coast,
> including the history of many popular Creole and Cajun dishes. Anyone
> interested in the perfect preparation of seafood will enjoy the lively
> writing and breathtaking photos on this blog.

hope you sell a lot of them. just not here. it's not kosher to sell
in a NG.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

Verily, on Tue, 6 May 2008 17:24:33 -0700 (PDT), in accordance with
the prophecy, cajun-gwailo > proclaimed:

> hope you sell a lot of them. just not here. it's not kosher to sell
> in a NG.

What about if it's a kosher seafood cookbook?

--
W. de N.

"The greater the hold of government upon the life of the individual citizen, the greater the risk of war."

-- John Hospers
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

Willielmus de Noers a écrit :
> Verily, on Tue, 6 May 2008 17:24:33 -0700 (PDT), in accordance with
> the prophecy, cajun-gwailo > proclaimed:
>

>> hope you sell a lot of them. just not here. it's not kosher to sell
>> in a NG.

> What about if it's a kosher seafood cookbook?

Seafood is only kosher if it has fins and scales, else it's trayf by
definition. Doesn't solve the question however. :-)
--
Greetings, Salutations,
Guiraud Belissen, Chteau du Ciel, Drachenwald,
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

I've lost my scorecard on this family. Was the original Ralph
deceased, and this Ralph a son? Possibly a brother of Dickie?

I recall a few years ago a messy lawsuit situation, the family ganging
up on Dickie, resulting in his not using the Brennan name as his
empire expanded, andcompeted. So he has Dickie B's, Palace Cafe,
Bourbon House, and one other next to it?

Then this list for a Ralph lists several places, but omits the
original Brennan's on Royal, and Commander's Palace. Commander's is
always advertised on the hotel cable channel interviewing Mama (widow
of orig Ralph?) and run by the two (?) daughters. In fact, it seems
the original Brennan's doesn't even advertise anywhere.

So,anyone know the dirt? Are there two, or three, family branches and
separate corporate chains?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.historic,rec.food.marketplace,neworleans.general

On May 8, 1:40*am, JimL > wrote:
> I've lost my scorecard on this family. *Was the original Ralph
> deceased, and this Ralph a son? *Possibly a brother of Dickie?
>
> I recall a few years ago a messy lawsuit situation, the family ganging
> up on Dickie, resulting in his not using the Brennan name as his
> empire expanded, andcompeted. *So he has Dickie B's, Palace Cafe,
> Bourbon House, and one other next to it?
>
> Then this list for a Ralph lists several places, but omits the
> original Brennan's on Royal, and Commander's Palace. *Commander's is
> always advertised on the hotel cable channel *interviewing Mama (widow
> of orig Ralph?) * and run by the two (?) daughters. *In fact, it seems
> the original Brennan's doesn't even advertise anywhere.
>
> So,anyone know the dirt? *Are there two, or three, family branches and
> separate corporate chains?

i dont' recall the details, but you can find online. there are
several different branches of brennan things, all doing their own
things. one of them has gulf coast/panhandle places, too.