FoodBanter.com

-   General (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/)
-   -   "Grappling with grappa". (https://www.foodbanter.com/general/94986-grappling-grappa.html)

Adam Funk 29-06-2006 06:37 PM

"Grappling with grappa".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...798163,00.html

-- Grappa does, indeed, carry the odour of a heavy hangover,
-- the sort that forces stinking, unprocessed alcohol out
-- through your pores in an all-over body burp. Apparently,
-- Italo Calvino thought it appropriate only for "defrocked
-- priests, unemployed bookkeepers and husbands that have been
-- cuckolded". Perhaps the kindest thing I've heard said about
-- it - and this must be the extremeness of the alcohol level -
-- is that it smells like skin-toner.

I'm glad I read this *after* the trip to Italy.

--
Vielen Dank

Tim Chmielewski 30-06-2006 05:45 AM

"Grappling with grappa".

Adam Funk wrote in news:4ofdn3-00k.ln1
@news.ducksburg.com:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...798163,00.html

-- Grappa does, indeed, carry the odour of a heavy hangover,
-- the sort that forces stinking, unprocessed alcohol out
-- through your pores in an all-over body burp. Apparently,
-- Italo Calvino thought it appropriate only for "defrocked
-- priests, unemployed bookkeepers and husbands that have been
-- cuckolded". Perhaps the kindest thing I've heard said about
-- it - and this must be the extremeness of the alcohol level -
-- is that it smells like skin-toner.

I'm glad I read this *after* the trip to Italy.

Put it through a Britta water filter about four times and it should be
right (you will have to ditch the filter afterwards though.)

--
My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com
The Town Bikes: http://twopresonbike.timchuma.com

Chris McGonnell[_1_] 30-06-2006 05:29 PM

"Grappling with grappa".

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:37:40 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...798163,00.html

-- Grappa does, indeed, carry the odour of a heavy hangover,
-- the sort that forces stinking, unprocessed alcohol out
-- through your pores in an all-over body burp. Apparently,
-- Italo Calvino thought it appropriate only for "defrocked
-- priests, unemployed bookkeepers and husbands that have been
-- cuckolded". Perhaps the kindest thing I've heard said about
-- it - and this must be the extremeness of the alcohol level -
-- is that it smells like skin-toner.

I'm glad I read this *after* the trip to Italy.

Grappa didn't give me a hangover! Goddam Italians probably hid the
"good" grappa! The bums!

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.