Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Mint Leaves

Are there different types of mint leaves? I love Mojitos and make my
own. I've been buying the mints at the store. Last summer I planted a mint
plant. I never used any of the leaves tho. This summer the mint plant has
grown some very big leaves. So I tore one mint leaf off smelled and tasted
it. I did not smell or taste anything mint like. The mint leaves I buy at
the store are very minty. You can smell the mint.

Is there a particular type of mint plant that produces mint more than
most? What type of mint plant do I need?

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.drink

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:46:49 GMT, "Von Fourche"
> wrote:

> Are there different types of mint leaves? I love Mojitos and make my
>own. I've been buying the mints at the store. Last summer I planted a mint
>plant. I never used any of the leaves tho. This summer the mint plant has
>grown some very big leaves. So I tore one mint leaf off smelled and tasted
>it. I did not smell or taste anything mint like. The mint leaves I buy at
>the store are very minty. You can smell the mint.
>
> Is there a particular type of mint plant that produces mint more than
>most? What type of mint plant do I need?

There are a number of different types of Mint now available - I am
growing 'Apple Mint' this year. It has a nice mint scent with just a
hint of apple.

It doesn't sound like you actually have mint, unless you planted
something like 'cat mint' - which is actually catnip, a related plant.
It really doesn't smell anything like mint.

The most popular mints are, well, what I would call 'common' mint, and
spearmint.

Also, don't fertilize mint if you do grow some - it does better on its
own, even in poor soil.

-Mike

Posted to rec.food.drink

I have a mint that smells like After 8, has a strain of chocolate in it

"MW" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:46:49 GMT, "Von Fourche"
> > wrote:
>

>> Are there different types of mint leaves? I love Mojitos and make my

Mint chutney with cilantro and curry leaves Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 4 10-07-2012 10:04 PM
Bay leaves Walker General Cooking 18 24-02-2009 09:57 PM
Tea Leaves Andy Petro Preserving 1 15-09-2006 09:14 AM
Mint-Truffle Ice Cream Terrine With Mint And Chocolate Sauces yankeegrL425 Recipes (moderated) 0 02-10-2005 05:16 AM
MINT-TRUFFLE ICE CREAM TERRINE WITH MINT AND CHOCOLATE SAUCES yankeegrL425 Recipes 0 28-09-2005 03:14 AM