Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Still can't get sparks in Bailey's Comet

I've been trying several variations of Bailey's Comet over the past two
years. The best made sparks about one inch high, but I don't recall the
details of that test.

The latest series of tests used Bailey's, Goldschlager, and
96%-by-volume Polish Spirit. The ground cinnamon just falls to the
bottom of the Polish Spirit layer and I get no sparks at all.

It seems to me that the cinnamon (or nutmeg) spark-fuel needs to either
remain in suspension or float on the surface, so that it gets entrained
in the rising vapour/flame to dry out and burn with a bright glow.

I suspect it's connected to the size or type of spark-fuel, as the
flaming part of the deal is working very well, but nothing I've tried is
any good for the sparks.

Has anyone here got a working version?
If so, will you please tell _exactly_ what makes the difference?