Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Making a Kahlua Especial equivalent?

I would assume that a proper mix of strong espresso, molasses, spiced
rum, and 151 proof rum would produce a sweet, strong coffee tasting, 70
proof liqueur similar to Kahlua Especial. Any thoughts?

Posted to rec.food.drink

Bill J. wrote:

> I would assume that a proper mix of strong espresso, molasses, spiced
> rum, and 151 proof rum would produce a sweet, strong coffee tasting, 70
> proof liqueur similar to Kahlua Especial. Any thoughts?

I was under the impression that Kahlua was vodka-based, not rum. Rum
yields Tia Maria. But you could start with slightly diluted grain
alcohol and work your way down to 70-proof Kahlua.

Gunther Anderson

Posted to rec.food.drink

This is from kahlua.com:

>The exotic taste of Kahlúa® can be enjoyed in many ways. Its delicious coffee flavor >is achieved by using a very special recipe. First, we lightly roast only the finest >hand-picked Mexican coffee beans, then we blend the coffee with a range of carefully >chosen rums and finally we add our secret ingredients.

Making Kahlua this afternoon Janet Bostwick General Cooking 23 04-12-2013 07:03 PM
Is there a Sena equivalent? Phil Wine 2 14-01-2008 07:58 PM
TN: 1964 Vina Pomal Res. Especial, Bodegas Bilbainas T. Autischer Wine 0 13-09-2006 11:35 AM
Equivalent to 'DOC/DOCG' in US [email protected] Wine 2 25-03-2006 05:18 AM
Banger equivalent Amy Isleb General Cooking 13 28-01-2005 06:23 PM