Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Christmas Cocktail Recipes

Hi does anyone know any good recipes for Christmas themed cocktails?
hot or cold? we're having a christmas drinks evening this friday and
wanted some classic christmas ingredients - cranberry, brandy,
cinnamon/nutmeg, warm rum etc.

does anyone know how to make a 'Yuletide Mojito' - had one in new york
last year but have never seen a recipe..

anything different/new would be great!

thanks

Posted to rec.food.drink

D wrote:
> Hi does anyone know any good recipes for Christmas themed cocktails?
> hot or cold? we're having a christmas drinks evening this friday and
> wanted some classic christmas ingredients - cranberry, brandy,
> cinnamon/nutmeg, warm rum etc.
>
> does anyone know how to make a 'Yuletide Mojito' - had one in new york
> last year but have never seen a recipe..
>
> anything different/new would be great!
>
> thanks

Mulled Mead.

6 months to a year before you want to drink the mulled mead find a
beekeeper and purchase a stone's weight plus 3 lbs of honey, also
purchase some bee's pollen. Mix this with water to make 5 imperial (6
U.S.) gallons of liquid. Add a good quality wine or sweet mead yeast.
Add one teaspoon of bee's pollen for every night that Odin Hung on
Yggersal.
After a fortnight rack from the primary fermentation vessal inot a
carboy. After 6 weeks to two months rack three or four times until
clear. Fine with unflavored gletin before a final racking. Stablize
with camden tablets before bottling. Wait 6 months to 1 year before
consuming.

Now to make a mulled mead - take around 1 gallon of mead, add cinnamon,
ginger, and cloves to taste. Heat to the temp. of Coffee or Tea (do
not boil), and drink.

Or you can make a methilgin by adding the ginger, cinnamon and cloves
during the fermentation stage in the carboy, and then just heat it in
the microwave when you want a mulled mead. (The flavors mix up a lot
better this way, and tend to mellow out and blend together a lot
nicer.)

roland

Posted to rec.food.drink
Paul Knorr

Since Christmas is only 11 days away I thought you might want some
that take less than six months to prepare.

Here are 11 recipes (one for each day) for Christmas spirits.

-Paul Knorr
www.barback.com

CHRISTMAS CHEER

1/2 shot Egg Nog
1/2 shot Peppermint Schnapps

stir it up and shoot it down. HO! HO! HO! Tastes like Christmas with a
pine tree twist.

CHRISTMAS DAY REFRESHER

4 tbsp Lime Juice
4 cups Orange Juice
1 cup Passion fruit
1 cup Tequila

Mix together all ingredients. Can substitute Pomegranate juice for
Passion fruit juice. Yes, we do drink this on Christmas morning (at
least before we had children)!

CHRISTMAS DRINK

8 oz. Beer
8 oz. Club Soda
8 oz. Vodka
8 oz. Port

Mix all together and drink in cocktail glass. Serves 4.

CHRISTMAS MARTINI

3 oz. Vodka
0.5 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
0.5 oz. Dry Vermouth

Garnish with small sugar mint

CHRISTMAS PUDDING

100 ml Southern Comfort®
100 ml Drambuie®
500 ml Guinness® Stout

In a 6 2/3 Paris Goblet add Southern Comfort and then Drambuie. Top up
with Draught Guinness

CHRISTMAS RUM PUNCH

1 oz Rum
1 oz Cherry juice
1/2 Cranberry Juice Cocktail
1/2 Pineapple Juice

CHRISTMAS SHOTS

1.5 oz. Melon liqueur
1.5 oz. Chambord Rasberry Liqueur

This is a layered shot, for best effect use a tall thin liquor glass.
Pour half shot Chambord first, then slowly pour half shot Midori over
the back of a spoon into glass. If done correctly, you should have a
layered red and green shot perfect for celebration, if not-a muddy
brown mess.
Courtesy of Cindys Place

CHRISTMAS TREE

1/3 oz. Creme de Menthe
1/3 oz. Grenadine
1/3 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream®

layer in shot glass use spoon to pour in liquor do not mix

CHRISTMAS TREE NO 2

0.5 oz. Green Creme De Menthe
0.5 oz. Vodka
0.5 oz. Cherry Brandy

CHRISTMAS TREE WATER

1 Part Gin
3 Parts Sprite

Place one part dry gin in Cocktail Glass. Do NOT bruise the Gin!
Carefully add two parts Sprite. Do NOT bruise the Sprite. Optionally,
add a dash of cayenne pepper for added flavor. Add 3 tablespoons of
dry ice for that mystical, yet strangely, psycho effect.
Courtesy of Cindys Place

CHRISTMAS YULE EGGNOG

1.5 oz. Rum
12 oz. Whiskey
32 oz. Egg Nog

combine in large punch bowl and serve. Top each serving with nutmeg.

*** Shameless Plug Alert ***
These and over 30,000 other drink recipes can be found in BarBack for
Windows, version 6.0. Try it for free at www.barback.com.