Old 27-11-2005, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan

Default How to make shaved ice for mixed drinks?

I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
Oingofan

Old 27-11-2005, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.drink
Gunther Anderson

Oingofan wrote:

I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
Oingofan

There are plenty of inexpensive ice shavers you can use. I have on
hand-cranked, and one electric. I use the electric most often. I think
it cost me $25 at a department store.

Gunther Anderson

Old 28-11-2005, 03:51 PM posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan

Ah....OK. Thx!

Old 28-11-2005, 09:25 PM posted to rec.food.drink
Michael Bohl

WALMART HAS ICE SHAVERS. in their kitchen appliance, mixers, blenders, etc.
section. They use standard ice cubes and do a pretty good job, run around
$15.00 or so. I purchased one and it works great

Old 29-11-2005, 05:09 PM posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan

Great! I'll go check them out. Thx!