Posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan

Default How to make shaved ice for mixed drinks?

I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
Oingofan
Posted to rec.food.drink
Gunther Anderson

Oingofan wrote:

> I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
> shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
> Oingofan

There are plenty of inexpensive ice shavers you can use. I have on
hand-cranked, and one electric. I use the electric most often. I think
it cost me $25 at a department store.

Gunther Anderson

Posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan

Ah....OK. Thx!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:24:45 -0500, Gunther Anderson
> wrote:

>Oingofan wrote:
>
>> I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
>> shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
>> Oingofan

>There are plenty of inexpensive ice shavers you can use. I have on
>hand-cranked, and one electric. I use the electric most often. I think
>it cost me $25 at a department store.
>
>Gunther Anderson

Posted to rec.food.drink
Michael Bohl

WALMART HAS ICE SHAVERS. in their kitchen appliance, mixers, blenders, etc.
section. They use standard ice cubes and do a pretty good job, run around
$15.00 or so. I purchased one and it works great

Oingofan wrote:

> Ah....OK. Thx!
>
> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:24:45 -0500, Gunther Anderson
> > wrote:
>
> >Oingofan wrote:
> >
> >> I see a great mixed drink I would like to make, but it calls for
> >> shaved ice. How do you make that at home? Thx!
> >> Oingofan

> >There are plenty of inexpensive ice shavers you can use. I have on
> >hand-cranked, and one electric. I use the electric most often. I think
> >it cost me $25 at a department store.
> >
> >Gunther Anderson

Posted to rec.food.drink
Oingofan